edited January 2008
    Sorry, Sir, won't happen again, Sir.

:genuflect:
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited January 2008
    aaharvel wrote: »
    Reel, just as i have the right to start a thread on this issue, Bob also has the right to say it's getting out of hand. I may not agree with him (this is my 2nd thread, and considering the news is easier for fellow posters to see that's why I did what I did), but it's ok. Let's not take this to the level of fanboys on either side. While i'm excited for the outcome, to me it wouldn't matter if the roles were reversed (hddvd shutting down blu-ray). Until recently, I was un-interested in both formats until the war was settled. At least now, I know what to invest my money in and after three years on the fence, trust me when I say it's a HUGE relief.

Well I sure the hell took a side. Of corse (with my luck) the wrong side...:mad:

Of corse now I have a great upconverting player that matches my H/K perfectly.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited January 2008
    All your pompous posts are belong to us.

Now that I am invested in a PS3, I sure hope BR continues the climb...
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2008
    Alright you thread-jackers, stay on track...does every discussion have to become a war around here? sheesh.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,713
    edited January 2008
    I'm on Bob's side here. Nothing more annoying than 6 threads about the same thing. Too bad we don't have active moderators like AVS. They will just pull and combine threads like that.

Edit: NINE threads about the same thing!
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited January 2008
    billbillw wrote: »
    I'm on Bob's side here. Nothing more annoying than 6 threads about the same thing. Too bad we don't have active moderators like AVS. They will just pull and combine threads like that.

yup. And countless threads of numerous other subjects as well are featured on Club Polk. Many in fact. It's really a quick fix. If you don't want to read it, don't click on it. This all wreaks of bitterness imo. :)
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • steveinaz
    edited January 2008
    Another article, 4hrs ago. Don't know the signifigance:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20080108/tc_pcworld/141155

On a side note; this information should be important to all of us, rather than being a source of bitterness. There's quite alot of people standing on the sidelines (I'm one of them) chomping at the bit to make the move to high def DVD. There's no "told you so" agenda or anything else other than wanting to make a choice, so take it easy on each other. There's definitely an element of excitement as well as disappointment, depending on how you look at it.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,713
    edited January 2008
    aaharvel wrote: »
    yup. And countless threads of numerous other subjects as well are featured on Club Polk. Many in fact. It's really a quick fix. If you don't want to read it, don't click on it. This all wreaks of bitterness imo. :)

The thing is, I DO want to read these postings, but with info scattered among 9+ threads, its hard to keep up.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • cheddar
    cheddar Posts: 2,390
    edited January 2008
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Another article, 4hrs ago. Don't know the signifigance:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20080108/tc_pcworld/141155

On a side note; this information should be important to all of us, rather than being a source of bitterness. There's quite alot of people standing on the sidelines (I'm one of them) chomping at the bit to make the move to high def DVD. There's no "told you so" agenda or anything else other than wanting to make a choice, so take it easy on each other. There's definitely an element of excitement as well as disappointment, depending on how you look at it.

+1 on good solid information getting out there so people can make the best purchasing decisions. I want as many people to jump off of that fence as possible as I love HDM and want the segment to expand as fast as possible. But I want people to go in knowing as much true info as possible so they set their expectations realistically.

The article above talks about the 360. The ps3 pretty much singlehandedly switched momentum to the blu-ray side when the hd-dvd side looked to have software and hardware sales solidly going their way in late 2006. Since then, the hd-dvd side has wanted the 360 to integrate a drive to shift the momentum back. Microsoft has always been firm that they would not integrate a drive and only offer the add-on. So the only news there would have been if they had changed position on this. So no news there really.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited January 2008
    billbillw wrote: »

bill, avs has hundreds to thousands of the same threads on blu-ray and hd dvd. they have an entire sub-set of forums dedicated to hdv. so this argument is void.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2008
    there you go.. if High Def wasn't such a big part of home theaters these days.. i'd have to agree with having so many threads on something that doesn't pertain to us here. but that's not the case.

if we had 6 threads on headphones or tube's i wouldn't mind either.. because that's a part of this forum too. but if we had 6 threads on coffee, i'd be pissed.. i hate coffee. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • newbie2k8
    newbie2k8 Posts: 10
    edited January 2008
    Hd-dvd 4 Life!!!!
  • BIZILL
    edited January 2008
    newbie2k8 wrote: »
    Hd-dvd 4 Life!!!!

....and possibly into death! i'm true.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • danger boy
    edited January 2008
    you can only be format neutral if you don't have either format player.. that's being neutral. it's bugging me that people are calling themselves format nuetral if they own both players.. that just means you got suckered into buying both formats. how is that neutral? :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:
  • BIZILL
    edited January 2008
    callin' me a sucka?:mad::D

anyway, that argument i'll take as sarcasm. i bought into BOTH formats due to CONTENT. exclusives were to be had on both sides. and in the end, yes, it will be CONTENT that will end this war. for now, i am definately placing blu in the leader's seat.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • steveinaz
    edited January 2008
    I disagree, it all comes down to: are you married to your equipment? Some people like to ride the cutting edge of technology--hey, if you got the bucks--knock yourself out--but there are risks. You have to ask yourself "am I interested in the truth" or do I just simply want to justify my decision?

You see tons of this on AR-15 forums. Brand bashing, mil-spec not mil-spec, yada, yada. People argue endlessly about which AR is best, why theirs is better, and what you shoulda bought...these people are "married" to their equipment. They've made an investment and right, wrong, or otherwise they are going to defend that product. In other words, they loose their objectivity based on emotion.
  • danger boy
    edited January 2008
    BIZILL wrote: »
    callin' me a sucka?:mad::D

;) but you have 2 HD player's and i don't. :mad:
  • BIZILL
    edited January 2008
    danger boy wrote: »
    ;) but you have 2 HD player's and i don't. :mad:

3 ;)

but sold my xbox addon just today to someone AWARE of the current events in the war. now i have to decide whether i want to keep the a-2 or the a-35.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited January 2008
    0,1425,sz=1&i=150827,00.jpg

NOTHING can stop it! Blu-Ray will die!!!
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited January 2008
    FVD has Tatung.... Woooohooooo!!!!

P.S. Who the hell is Tatung?????:confused:
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2008
    jakelm wrote: »

P.S. Who the hell is Tatung?????:confused:

I think that was the joke :)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,691
    edited January 2008
    ... a two sentence blurb on some random website isn't quite a reliable source...
    I don't think that the Financial Times qualifies as "some random website (FWIW).
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2008
    OK, I get it. The article is significantly changed from what it was when it first went up.
  • danger boy
    edited January 2008
    if that's at CES, it looks like on one is there.. unless that was before they opened the show.
  • steveinaz
    edited January 2008
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited January 2008
    I think it's safe to assume at this point that all the Warner Studio s are going Blu...
  • steveinaz
    edited January 2008
    That one was pretty much a given.
  • steveinaz
    edited January 2008
    Looks like a fairly credible rumor (an oxymoron?), Universal...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pocketli/20080110/ttc-now-universal-rumoured-to-be-ditchin-57dbc65.html
  • BIZILL
    edited January 2008
    other RUMORS read more like they may go format-NEUTRAL. but who knows at this point? the faster, the better.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • BIZILL
    edited January 2008

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote: