Best Club Quotes of 2007

Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
Enter your favorite Club Polk quotes from 2007 here...

When we're done, I'll compile a list of the Top 10.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited December 2007
    I've also seen the nasty yellow waste from the nicotene in my drain hose.

Here's one of my favorites from recent memory.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    One memorable quote? Damn funny one at that, but only one? How about these?

I'm sorry... but, I would never advise anyone to just "let her house go to foreclosure". ---rskarvan

There are PLENTY of other places for you to go look at ****. GO THERE! It doesn't belong here, it never did, & now it is no longer allowed. GET THE F OVER IT! Grow a spine. Quit sniveling. Change the channel. Turn the page. Close the book. ---Cfrizz.

You are happy those threads are gone. I am not. Guess that means you deserve to be happy and I don't? What a pant load. --- Halo.

I'm still looking for that one famous quote from SpecK. Coming soon to a post near you.....;) :D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    edited December 2007
    Not the one I was looking for, but....

Be a Polk Masta in no time at all if this keeps up. Who's yer daddy now ? ---SpecK. / AKA ka7nig
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited December 2007
    She's like a speaker that needs a little more, so she's bi-wired herself, get over it

Here
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    Audio is easy, it`s the audiophiles that make it difficult ~ Doro
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited December 2007
    "I'm just a dare away from being ****" Doro
    "I dare ya" Russman
    "got my glow sticks and whistle, I am off to the Swinging Richards Club" Doro
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    Ricardo wrote: »
    You can write it down; today, June 5 2007, I am saying that I will not upgrade speakers or components.

I wonder what did I smoke that day.......

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited December 2007
    Just don't pick one with the words "assless chaps" and I'll be happy.
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2007
    Bake me a pie -- bagged lancer
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited December 2007
    Camel Toe my ****!! That guy is smuggling Yo-Yo's!!
    NInerbj

http://http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18346&highlight=tron
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited December 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »
    Bake me a pie -- bagged lancer

Nice! And original too!
  • treitz3
    edited December 2007
    What was that one with.... "George Grand has dropped terds that are better than you"......or something like that.....I don't remember who said it, but Oh so true.....
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    What was that one with.... "George Grand has dropped terds that are better than you"......or something like that.....I don't remember who said it, but Oh so true.....

Hearingimpared
    ...and Tom... stop sending me the love letters..it's over! OK?
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    hoosier21 wrote:
    "I'm just a dare away from being ****" Doro
    "I dare ya" Russman
    "got my glow sticks and whistle, I am off to the Swinging Richards Club" Doro

Yeah...but Mark and Russ have that conversation EVERY YEAR! :rolleyes:
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    edited December 2007
    From Russman.....
    I love you like the illegitimate **** brother I never had Mark, but my rent money is on Lou also. This isn't keep away, where you'd win for sure - if Lou gets his meathooks on you, you're chopped beef friend, period, end of story. End of Dorokusai.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    edited December 2007
    From George Grand....
    Hey stupid, has it occurred to you that each and every person that has posted on this thread is sitting at home in front of their computer, laughing their asses off at how dumb you are. Did you think about that? Do you think?

I digress, and maybe have to apologize.

Hey stupid, by any chance do you have a perfectly flat head and stitches across your forehead? I need to know if I'm making jokes about something that was created in a lab, or a real person.

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    -justin- wrote:
    Sorry but rskarvan and Sona were offended by those threads, so had to shut them down.

~Justin

By far, this is the most honest post of the year!~
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    By far, this is the most honest post of the year!~

Fu(kers!
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    It appears I've made the list.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    One memorable quote? Damn funny one at that, but only one? How about these?

I'm sorry... but, I would never advise anyone to just "let her house go to foreclosure". ---rskarvan

There are PLENTY of other places for you to go look at ****. GO THERE! It doesn't belong here, it never did, & now it is no longer allowed. GET THE F OVER IT! Grow a spine. Quit sniveling. Change the channel. Turn the page. Close the book. ---Cfrizz.

You are happy those threads are gone. I am not. Guess that means you deserve to be happy and I don't? What a pant load. --- Halo.

I'm still looking for that one famous quote from SpecK. Coming soon to a post near you.....;) :D
    You mis quoted cfrizz - she was quoting me when she said: "Grow a spine. Quit sniveling. Change the channel. Turn the page. Close the book". This is something she isn't capable of doing for herself. That is why she is on my IGNORE list.

LINK
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,674
    edited December 2007
    I'll have to pull some up, but a lot of Doro's one-line posts are classics.

Has a real knack for poking a sharp stick into the Big Wheels of Life.

I'll have to post some to illustrate.

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • treitz3
    edited January 2008
    Sorry about that Halo. Appreciate the clarification.
    I can no longer say, "analog rules, digital sucks." I mean it.
    Can you believe it? :eek: Joe actually typed this! [we think] :D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2008
    This whole forum is **** and I'm ready.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited January 2008
    dorokusai wrote: »

As long as we're the pitcher and you're the catcher..............:D
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2008
    Holy fruitcakes.:eek:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    To me George Grand wins this topic hands down.
    Somebody that knows how to do it, sign this clown up via email for all the spam he can handle.
    Two years on the lurk and the first utterance is a ditty sung to THEMSELF. He/she/it, still hasn't really attempted communication. Nice skills.
    When first arriving on this forum, Mr. Gates used to purchase $15 cd players, $15 cassette decks, and $35 receivers from me. Have certain people made strides you ask?
    I don't think Peace on Earth made it under the tree again this year. Maybe next year.
    I was going to offer to "work" with the girl on the extreme left till I noticed she almost needs a whole nother chair huh?

And Carl is one of those freaks who still parts his hair in the middle (post #51)
    You tell me why The Bronx is the only borough name that is preceded by the word "the". People never say "I'm going up to The Queens" or "I'm going to The Brooklyn", or "I'm going to The Manhattan". Why is that? There IS a reason for it and it's a good $5 bar bet in the NYC area.
    Lasareath wrote: »
    I think maybe it something to do with that area, It was originally owned by the "Bronx" family.

I guess if it was owned by the "Jones's" then it would be called "The Jones's"

So the "The" is showing possession
    Correct Sal. When still in Dutch hands, that whole area was owned by The Broncks, Bronckes, Van Bronks, or something like that. So if you were headed that way, you were probably going to visit The Broncks.
    Is it me, or is too much of this happening on this forum:

Person #1 - "Hi my name is Codfish and I currently have a Toyota. I'm THINKING of buying a Lexus but it might be a financial stretch. Does anybody have any experience with these? Thanks."

Person #2 - "Hey, try the Rolls-Royce. I read that they're okay, but expensive."

Is this HELPING anyone?

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
    This has never changed.....amazing.
    No, this is standard SOP. Jesse's HAIR is amazing.
    This thread is from when we had the comet Peter Ng with us.
    Between that one from Shack, and some of the "Your mom is so fat....." ones going around AK this morning, I nearly busted a gut.

"Your mom is so fat, smaller fat ladies orbit around her."

"Your mom is so fat, she bends light."

A small sampling.
    I ain't no landscaper or YARDMAN you cowgirls, so leave my name out of this.

Maybe you guys want to dry hump a potted plant, but that's not for the kid. Plus, I also can easily name 10 members of this forum who are trying to buy bison suits as we speak.

More to follow . . .
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2008
    Do you keep an effin' scrapbook with this **** in it or something? :confused:
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited January 2008
    Way too much time on your hands Joe,but your right,GG has had me spitting coffee on my screen more than a few times over the years.Thats just the way he is though,to the point,no B.S.,tell it like it is with no PC involved......and I gotta say,I like it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2008
    I still love "T Unit616" response of: "but I AM dumb." That **** was funny as hell. Wish I could find the original thread...
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited January 2008
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I still love "T-Unit's" response of: "but I AM dumb." That **** was funny as hell. Wish I could find the original thread...

Just do a search for "airhole" :D