Has Club Polk Taken It Up a Notch?

2»

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited December 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Guys like Chuck (madmax) were doing tubes and vinyl before they were 'cool' on the boards. I see some members diving off the deep end a little, and spending a lot more than they have too, but to each his own. Since there is no real measurement for the individual human experience of music reproduction - one can't make general statements as to what is best, and what isn't. I've touched the very beginning of high end, and find myself going back to a lovingly tweaked mid-fi and enjoying it so much more.

I do think fidelity has become the order of the day, and I like seeing members try more and more things in their search for their own sound.

Cheers,
    Russ

Agreed,
    I also scratched the surface on high end and found myself at an end actually. I was making plans to keep going up the ladder but I found my home. I'm cool with the level I have got 2. I came from Denon , Yamaha . Pioneer Elite receivers and rt speakers to seperates and such in the home theater realm.

This forum has always had good members around. Some come and go. But the core here is still pretty good.(even U Russ and Troy)
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    Fanatic......although these days it could stand for Fat. ;)

Get the f**k outta here . . . fat! Fat my ****, well that works.
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited December 2007
    Personally, i'd like to thank ClubPolk's 2ch. audiophiles. I was once a 5.1/7.1/5.1 guy. Once.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited December 2007
    Since I've been hear I can say personally I've taken it up a few notches. Thanks to learning about seperates, projectors, good subs, sub controllers etc. I havent gotten into tube amps yet. But on the HT side of things, definitely. I looked up some of my 1st post and laughed because I thought bi-wiring and bi-amping were the same thing, didnt know how to connect a power amp either. So yeah, Im game tight now.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, I remember when I thought my yammie was the best and my rt15`s rocked..then I kinda thought my HT rocked and got some RT2000i`s...

Then I went looking for a grill cover for my 245 center and found this forum...

I met Mark who took the time to teach me about audio, and directed me to the Parasound amp that now have..
    He sold me my first taste of tubes with the Dodd pre, while Russ started feeding my tube hunger with great tubes...
    Then I met Jesse who has guided me through my insane audio journey....to where I am now....AND IT`S JUST GETTING STARTED..(sorry Jesse !!)

As with all the outstanding people I have met personally, here on the forum...of which are too many to name them all.....I look over at what is cookin out the mellow smooth Jazz as I type this, and think....I have come a long way since the beginning a few short years ago....

This forum, and those who keep it alive and participate daily keep me grounded (somewhat)...and help feed and nourish my hunger for all things audio

I have laughed so hard at some of the things I have read, and have been angered at some....

I have learned alot, and have alot to learn...

And I owe it all to the members of this forum..

YOU GUY`S ROCK !

Thanks for giving me a place to fit in....

well kinda !
    (at least I like to think so)
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited December 2007
    The Vintage forum here @ CP, was my home for years. If it wasnt for that place, my 7's would still have thier old caps and resistors, I would have never taken on the project of building my center channel and would still think my old Hafler amp was finshed..

Thanks for spending my money CP. I couldnt have done it without you.

Oh...I'm still and HT guy:D
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited December 2007
    I have this forum to thank for my current system in almost every way possible. I wouldn't have gotten the killer deal on my SDAs if it weren't for this place. I wouldn't have my turntable and preamp if it weren't for George Grand... and I probably wouldn't have had reason to upgrade at all without finding this place and finding what music is about.

As for the state of the forum... I liked the old days when I knew everyone here. I'm not saying I don't like newcomers... it's just that there's so many people around here now I can't keep track of you all!

The nature of this forum leads itself to conflict, as we audiophiles (or seekers of audio nirvana) can be very, very opinionated. As more and more people join up, you're going to find more and more conflict, and the minorities of opinion may not be minorities anymore.

What we have to remember is that we're all here for the same reason: We want to get the best sound possible. That sound is different to everyone's ears, and as such there will never be one setup to rule them all. That alone is what will keep discussions alive.

I've gotta thank Polk for everything they've done for us over the years. Truely a company that cares about their customers... from the fanatical to the Joe Consumer!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited December 2007
    But for this forum, I would probably have tons of money saved and a ring purchased for my future wife . . . . Oh well.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2007
    Interesting,,but not too surprising that this forum was deply rooted in HT as opposed to two channel.I dabbled in early HT with a Yammie DSP 1,,but it was mainly for vhs concert video's.I did not really get back into audio until I joined this forum.I've gone from SS to tube pre's and soon a tube amp, with a few of both along the way. My gear swapping/upgrading has slowed quite a bit as of late,as I'm somewhat content. There are alot of people on this forum who have helped me immensely,directly and indirectly.I will say this,, if you have never attended Polkfest,,GO,,you will have a great time,,but for me,more importantly,the amount of knowledge and experience/information to be gained,,, well let's just say that you would be hard pressed to pay for the education in that short amount of time spent at PF. Nuff said,,experience goes a long way.This is a great place with "top shelf" members,some of whom I've met (GA PF),and have immense respect for. Truely, a "Band of Brothers and Sisters,,,indeed.

Thanks--george
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    I will say this, if you have never attended Polkfest,,GO,,you will have a great time,,but for me, more importantly, the amount of knowledge and experience/information to be gained,,, well let's just say that you would be hard pressed to pay for the education in that short amount of time spent at PF.
    Yes sir! Preach it brother! ;):D

He ain't kiddin' either. Great group of knowledgeable folks.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    We've had guys like George, madmax, hoosier21, the Bros McG preaching the gospel of 2ch for years....and slowly but surely people came on board and it's just progressed and picked up speed. There is a lot more to it but that, IMO, is the foundation for it.
    Maybe for the forum as a whole, but do not include muah as one that was influenced. I've tried the HT thingy before. Not my cup of tea. Only knew about forums for one year and a couple of months. 2 channel is where it has always been at for me. Always will be.

As for the foundation....I tip my hat to those that have been here long enough to lead people in the right direction. ;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~