"Polk Blows"

13»

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2007
    cam5860 wrote: »
    Bad as I hate to say it! JL Audio makes the best sounding subwoofers on the planet.

Havent you had like 3 subs in your sig in the last week? A couple days ago JBL ruled, then all subs sucked because you heard them in CC now you got a JL so they rule because you heard one in your buddies car. Are Pioneer still the best sounding amps?

Dude, you obviously dont have a clue what youre talking about which is ok cause we all started out not knowing ****. But making huge, broad sweeping comments that change with the wind like this makes it hard to take you seriously. There is nothing wrong with being a newb, we all were, but accept that you dont know **** and try to learn as much as you can. There is a whole lot more to the car audio world then a Circuit City showroom or a buddies system - a whole lot more.

Not saying you shouldnt have opinions, just enough with the "I heard a Kicker amp in Circuit City today and theyre the best amps in the world!"
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited December 2007
    That does get old fairly quickly.....
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • 1996blackmax
    edited December 2007
    He's already trying to sell off his components...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279214

I feel that you can't seriously audition a brand new sub, or speakers for that matter, in a few days. These drivers need to be broken in. So jumping around without actually hearing what the drivers sound like broken in is a total waste of time and money I think.
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited December 2007
    Yes I have had different subs in my truck in the last few weeks but these are subs I already own and that are already broke in. I Change stuff out pretty often looking for better sound quality and for comparsions. I'm not a guy like you mac that jumps on the polk bandwagon and says polk is the best stuff period. And refuses to listen to other brands. I do what is most important I listen and listen and listen some more to different brands to see if I can find any differences in sound quality.
  • cam5860
    edited December 2007
    The pioneer premiers I had for sale in that thread blackmax was a few weeks back. The reason being at that time I could not get them to sound like I really thought they should sound but after a few weeks of playing with my EQ settings and time alignment and so forth. I'm really happy with the way they sound now.
  • 1996blackmax
    edited December 2007
    DId you buy them brand new? Giving them the time to brake in is key.
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2007
    I'm not a guy like you mac that jumps on the polk bandwagon and says polk is the best stuff period. And refuses to listen to other brands.

LMAO!! Yeah, ok. Ive never listened to any other brands. All those Seas, Fi's, Focals, MB Quarts, Genesis, Rainbows, Morels, Alpines, Hertz, Scanspeaks, Dynaudios, Image Dynamics horns, JL Audios and Hybrid Audios that I listened to in properly set up cars by experienced and talented installers at finals not 2 months ago were all apparently a figment of my imagination.
    I do what is most important I listen and listen and listen some more to different brands to see if I can find any differences in sound quality.

No, youre a newbie that wants to act like an expert. You go to the nearest big box store and listen to whatever improperly setup equipment they happen to have on their showroom floor then come out touting it as the best thing since sliced bread and yourself as an expert....until you hear something else new 2 days later and then it becomes the next big thing. You come into this thread trashing Polk claiming that JBL rules because all the Crutchfield reviews were good.....then a day or 2 later youre on to JL Audio as the "best on the planet."

Again, there is no shame in being a rookie - but when you try to act like an expert by saying downright stupid things (i.e. these subs suck because they didnt sound good at Circuit City) and on top of it all have an attitude about it, youre never going to be taken seriously.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited December 2007
    OWNED!!! PEW PEW

ill take 1 bigMAC and a order of OWNAGE PLEASE
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    LMAO!! Yeah, ok. Ive never listened to any other brands. All those Seas, Fi's, Focals, MB Quarts, Genesis, Rainbows, Morels, Alpines, Hertz, Scanspeaks, Dynaudios, Image Dynamics horns, JL Audios and Hybrid Audios that I listened to in properly set up cars by experienced and talented installers at finals not 2 months ago were all apparently a figment of my imagination.

No, youre a newbie that wants to act like an expert. You go to the nearest big box store and listen to whatever improperly setup equipment they happen to have on their showroom floor then come out touting it as the best thing since sliced bread and yourself as an expert....until you hear something else new 2 days later and then it becomes the next big thing. You come into this thread trashing Polk claiming that JBL rules because all the Crutchfield reviews were good.....then a day or 2 later youre on to JL Audio as the "best on the planet."

Again, there is no shame in being a rookie - but when you try to act like an expert by saying downright stupid things (i.e. these subs suck because they didnt sound good at Circuit City) and on top of it all have an attitude about it, youre never going to be taken seriously.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • cam5860
    edited December 2007
    Hey I never said I know everything about car audio. But at the same time you all act like I'm installing my first car stereo also. I'm no expert for sure but at the same time i'm not a rookie either. You all act like it's a big deal because I change brands often basically when I find a setup that I can be satisfied with I will stop switching brands every week. And this whole deal about circuit city I just simply stated what subs that they are currently carrying that sounds the best in there sound room.
  • cam5860
    edited December 2007
    Yes blackmax I bought them brand new. I have to admit I get a little inpatience with breakin time sometimes.
  • 1996blackmax
    edited December 2007
    Look cam, you have come across in less than a good way, at least in what you seem to know regarding car audio. If you look back at this whole thread, re-read what you posted, and look at it objectively, you will see what we are talking about. This was the reason I stated some posts back that it was hard to take you seriously due to the statements that you had made.
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • cam5860
    edited December 2007
    Look I ain't going to argue with you all any more. Let this thread die and move on. If yall want to be a bunch of jackasses thats fine with me. Thats the reason you never see any new members join in this section of the forum because everytime somebody tries to express there opinion you all always have a smart **** comment to go behind it.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited December 2007
    Look I ain't going to argue with you all any more. Let this thread die and move on. If yall want to be a bunch of jackasses thats fine with me. Thats the reason you never see any new members join in this section of the forum because everytime somebody tries to express there opinion you all always have a smart **** comment to go behind it.

Dude, when are you just going to shut up?

You've had multiple verbal lashings on this entire site since you showed up and a good chunk of them came in this thread. Why don't you just sit down, shut your mouth and pay attention for once and you just might learn something.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • 1996blackmax
    edited December 2007

You are the one with diarrhea of the mouth and are telling us that we are the jackasses? Why don't you just stop and think a little about the comments that you are making. I myself am open to new things, but am reluctant to take someone seriously who has made the comments you have made throughout this whole thread.
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • cam5860
    edited December 2007
    If everything I say is a joke why keep following me up? Just move on to another thread. I'm not the one trying to start anything with you all. I'm just stating opinions. Opinions are like **** everybody has one.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2007
    I dunno about the rest of us, but I like the entertainment.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited December 2007
    Opinions are like **** everybody has one.

Yup, That's true but some **** stink worse than others.

The problem with your "opinions" is that not only are they NOT yours but rather regurgitated crap that someone else "told" you and on top of that, whomever "told" you that crap flat out lied to you because it's WRONG.

You called me a jackass when you first got here and said I didn't know what I was talking about and that all your "friends" at other sites said the same. I'm just glad everyone else has had the chance to see you in a more true light.

Keep digging your hole there, champ. Sooner or later your hole is gonna be so deep you can't climb out. When no one helps you, you'll dig even deeper and then even if someone was gonna help you, they can't reach you to help out. This seems to have been your M.O. since you got here.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited December 2007
    Yup, That's true but some **** stink worse than others.

I FREAKING LOVE U. HAHHAHHAH
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2007
    Yup, John definitely has a way with words! :D