iphone...... who uses one???

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,185
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
What's up everyone,
I was wondering who uses it? The wife and I are upgrading to them this week. A few of my friends already own them and completely love them. being a converted mac user anyway, it seems very natural to own not to mention how cool it is. What it can do and all.

I think it's logical and what I need(want).

I'd like to hear some input good or bad.

Dan
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    iPhone is cool. AT & T blows monkey nuts.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited December 2007
    I love my iPhone BUT...........

I am not too thrilled with it for the actual phone function. Too many screens to go through sometimes and it gets annoying.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited December 2007
    A friend at work uses one. He seems happy enough with it.

When he went to the apple store in Washington to buy it and bring it back into Canada, as soon as they found out he was a Canadian they refused to sell it to him. He had to get his wife to go in the store and buy it for him :rolleyes:
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    Wait Until the beginning of the year when they release the phone that uses the high speed AT&T service. Iphones use the slow connection that’s about as fast as a 56K modem. Aka, when you see them browsing the web and downloading movies in the commercials its false advertising. It would take that thing 24 hours to download a full sized movie off the web or 10 minutes to bring up a map.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • acsubie
    acsubie Posts: 773
    edited December 2007
    i bought mine when they 1st were released($600) which wasnt bad i thought, but leaving the store with 2(one for the GF) definitely hurt the pockets!

great phone for sure and keeps me occupied for numerous hours while working details! not to mention i became a texting ****( took me 3 months to fiigure out i could upgrade to 1500 text for an additional $10)
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited December 2007
    I am waiting for the Asia/European launch version, since I am not about to give up my legacy no roaming no limit plan, courtesy of AT&T Wireless (3 generations before the current disgrace AT&T reincarnation).
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • mantis
    edited December 2007
    We both got our iphones yesterday and it's the coolest phone I have ever used. I can do so much. What is so cool about it is it works like a mac computer. Everything is laid out very nice. Ipod , Internet , phone , contacts , all in my pocket. I love it. it even has a camera( like most phone do) but it's incredibly clear and 2.0 quality.

I love using my Imac to set everything up exactly how I want it. In one pass, I send all my Bookmarks(website fav's) to it. I can serf the internet anywhere I am. So when your in a hot spot, you get almost high speed. It's not fast like a computer but it's fast enough.

So far so good. I think this is the beginning of a great adventure. I love toys...

Dan
    Dan
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2007
    Glad to hear you like your iPhone
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited December 2007
    I thought you could use them to connect to WiFi?
  • mantis
    edited December 2007
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    I thought you could use them to connect to WiFi?
    It does. I surf the Internet with it everywhere in my house connected to my apple wireless network. I use a Apple Extreme Base Station which is 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet. it rules.

the Iphone rules , everyone should have one.

Dan
    Dan
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2007
    My wife bought hers when they 1st came out. She loves it. She doesn't like the fact that you are SOL on sending pics via a SMS message - you have to send them through an email as an attachment. The camera is decent for a phone. The iPod is cool.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2007
    My little brother has an iPhone and has had reliability issues with it. Plus, according to him it's slow and can be a PITA to navigate.

Glad you like yours. Cellphones still suck.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    Cellphones still suck.

BDT
    Whshssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhat ieclick eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. *Redial* What did say? Cant ear oo. How any ars oo oo ave? click click eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mantis
    edited December 2007
    Whats funny is now both my kids (son 12 and Daughter 9) both want one. Hell I don't even want to buy them cellphones. All there friends come over and have cell phones..

I'd like to but I can just see my first bill.....:'(
    Dan
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited December 2007
    Best phone I've ever owned. Get one, they are awesome. Nothing better than being able to check my fantasy scores at the bar so I know if I should take that next shot in celebration or anger.

In fact, if my iPhone could feed me I would be SET.

~J
  • polkatese
    edited February 2008
    What's latest on iPhone, peep? I heard about ATT moving to unlimited call plan, does it apply to iPhone too?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2008
    If youre really set on the iphone, I'd wait until the new 3G capable one comes out later this year. Otherwise, I just purchased the AT&T tilt, and couldnt be happier with it.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • mantis
    edited February 2008
    polkatese wrote: »
    What's latest on iPhone, peep? I heard about ATT moving to unlimited call plan, does it apply to iPhone too?

I'm not sure on that but I'd call Att to see about it. Apple released a new 16g Iphone for 499.99. Well worth it. I don't however need the extra space. I have plenty in mine still. I dump my pic's and use playlists so I don't have my full Itunes music on it. I own a 30g ipod I use for all that.

I love my Iphone. I find nothing wrong and everything right about it. It's the best phone I ever had. It still amazes me. All it can do.
    Dan
  • polkatese
    edited February 2008
    well, I almost bought one last month, went to apple store and was told by a friend (who work there) to hold off for 3G version (just like what Cody said), then I read with the 16gig version release as an indication that 3g might get push back to 2009 due to recession looming, etc. etc...

what to do? (btw, thanks for your input too, Dan)
  • acsubie
    acsubie Posts: 773
    edited February 2008
    i have an 8gb that i am more than happy with...what the new capabilities of this 3G version?
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2008
    Ones with more storage are on the horizon
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited February 2008
    3G = Faster downloads and data service than the older iphone offered
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa