Any motorcyclists?

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2007
    The Agusta is a beautiful bike. I like Aprillia's as well.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2007
    Good to see some metric cruisers! Think that was the last year of the Magna, too bad, great bike. A friend just bought the same Boulevard that Ricardo has, and he and his wife love it. I'm hoping out for a 2-up VTX with a 240 rear:D, but stock is fine too.

2005 was the last year of the Magna--what a shame, this thing is brutal above 6,000 rpm. :D

I had a 1999 Yamaha Roadstar, and really miss it--my next cruiser will be another Roadstar.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    The whole reason I built my drag bike ( 1985 FJ1100...Added 1500cc big bore/cams/smoothbore carbs/nitrous/air shifter/extended swing arm with strut / lowered front end / wheelie bars/Custom Corbin seat with a back sculpted so as not to fly off the back /etc ) was because I lost to one of those stinking cruisers stock bike to stock bike on a wed night grudge race at Baylands. Of course it wasnt one of your regular cruisers...it was a 130 pound little skinny **** friend of mine on a Yamaha V-Max.

It took me almost a whole year to get it done ( Tearing down a brand new bike with less then 500 miles on it...waiting for the parts to even become avail...and painting the bike as well during the downtime ) ...needless to say I never lost again on that bike :D
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited December 2007
    Wanna race me in my car? I'll choose the venue... ;)
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    Wanna race me in my car? I'll choose the venue... ;)

Would if I could...sold it about 3 years ago...took off the wheelie bar and actually rode the thing on the street for a while...found out the hard way that those yellow reflectors in the road actually sit pretty high :eek: ( Didnt crash...just had to clean my shorts when it hit through a lane change )

You have a hell of a car if it can beat mid 8's in the quarter mile......:D

P.S. still have the wheelie bar in the garage...custom chromed Pingel enterprises cross bar design...anybody need one ?

( Fully heim jointed to allow any mounting angle/height on any swingarm )
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited December 2007
    I have a couple of bikes.
    The first two are my old 1980 Shovelhead and the second two are my 2005 Big Dog Chopper.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • Skynut
    edited December 2007
    Better pic?
    DSCF0270.jpg
    DSCF1925.jpg
    DSCF1926.jpg

Also these two.

This one is going to be built later.
    Oldschool3.jpg

And this one is at the painter.
    DSCF1912.jpg
    DSCF1910.jpg

And might get this motor.
    DSCF2181.jpg
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited December 2007
    This is when I first wanted a bike you didn't have to pedal. Remember these guys? 1974 aired through early 80's

Here is the theme music
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • Sami
    edited December 2007
    You have a hell of a car if it can beat mid 8's in the quarter mile......:D

That's why I said I'll pick the venue...would not be a drag strip but a road course. :)

I could probably break into 10's easily if drag racing would give me any kicks, 9's and possibly 8's with a different turbo but that would kill it for road racing.

A friend had a turbo Bandit that put down 200 to the wheel, a bit scary thing to drive since it was on two wheels.
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2007
    See there, my out of the box stock "granny" Magna at a whopping $7499 will run an 11.25 qtr mile. BEFORE any mods...what that car run you?
  • Sami
    edited December 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »
    See there, my out of the box stock Magna at a whopping $7499 will run an 11.25 qtr mile. BEFORE any mods...what that car run you?
    LOL, didn't really mean this to turn into cars vs. bikes debate but what the heck...

Of course it costs a lot more but it's also a lot more fun to be honest. As much fun bikes are, they don't compare with fast and nicely set up cars. Your Magna will be marginally slower in the 1/4 but a lot slower in the 1/8 and can't keep up at all on a twisted road. I can keep up with stock R1's with my modified 919 to a certain speeds but it's nowhere near as fun as my car, not even close. 600RR is a little more fun to drive but it can only do so much.

To each their own of course, people enjoy different things. Bikes are a lot of fun, don't get me wrong at all.
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2007
    I know I was just funnin' with ya brother.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited December 2007
    Nice bikes Skynut, looks like you riding on RC component wheels on one of them, not sure though, but all those are sweet toys.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited December 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »
    See there, my out of the box stock "granny" Magna at a whopping $7499 will run an 11.25 qtr mile. BEFORE any mods...what that car run you?

No offense man, but according to Motorcyclist, the best time they ever got with the 750 Magna was 12.76 @ 102.9 mph. But your only a second and a half off...

Wikipedia claims 12.71.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Magna
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited December 2007
    Are we to take offense to your disagreement? Thinking, Thinking, Thinking Oh yea I need another to agree that that's offensive. LOL

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    No offense man, but according to Motorcyclist, the best time they ever got with the 750 Magna was 12.76 @ 102.9 mph. But your only a second and a half off...

Wikipedia claims 12.71.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Magna

I am sure he is quoting the V65 Magna...not the 45 ( Even though his is a 45 :) )

http://powersports.honda.com/the_story/heritage/heritage_milestone.asp?Decade=1980&TargetUrl=Milestone/Milestone_Model_0104.asp&PrevPageTitle&bhcp=1

Bone stock with a regular human on it the V65 Magna would do 11.25's all day long...with Pee Wee gleason on it it was capable of 10.90's ...but that midget was super human :D
  • Polkaroo
    Polkaroo Posts: 16
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, I live in Canada and last May I bought a 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250ABS. For 5 monthes of the year it sits in the garage cause we have 3 feet of snow outside! Awesome bike! New hobby for the winter....Home Theater LOL
  • WilliamM2
    edited December 2007
    Polkaroo wrote: »
    Yeah, I live in Canada and last May I bought a 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250ABS. For 5 monthes of the year it sits in the garage cause we have 3 feet of snow outside! Awesome bike! New hobby for the winter....Home Theater LOL

Same here in northern Michigan. Parked from November through March, sometimes most of April too!
  • WilliamM2
    edited December 2007
    I am sure he is quoting the V65 Magna...not the 45 ( Even though his is a 45 :) )

http://powersports.honda.com/the_story/heritage/heritage_milestone.asp?Decade=1980&TargetUrl=Milestone/Milestone_Model_0104.asp&PrevPageTitle&bhcp=1

Bone stock with a regular human on it the V65 Magna would do 11.25's all day long...with Pee Wee gleason on it it was capable of 10.90's ...but that midget was super human :D

I assumed he meant the 750 Magna of '94 to '03, due to the $7499 price. The V65 was only around $4000 when new.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2007
    My little 500 barely breaks into the 12s range :(
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Sami
    edited December 2007
    Bone stock with a regular human on it the V65 Magna would do 11.25's all day long...

Your average joe biker isn't going to be anywhere near the posted times... :D
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    Same here in northern Michigan. Parked from November through March, sometimes most of April too!

Ride here 12 months out of the year :D On the best canyon roads in the country too....
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    Your average joe biker isn't going to be anywhere near the posted times... :D

Actually the honda v4 in that particular bike with shaft drive and low to the ground was extremely easy to launch...it didnt want to wheelie on launch like most sport bikes do.

The shaft drive actually made the rear end extend UP instead of squat...you either got a great launch...or you lit up the rear tire ...I did a lot of passes on a couple of them and low 11's were easy on that bike.
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2007
    I assumed he meant the 750 Magna of '94 to '03, due to the $7499 price. The V65 was only around $4000 when new.

No. William is right, I just mis-quoted the number, I must have been thinking of the YZF600R I had...suffice it to say, above 6000rpm it pours on the power like a freight train. The V45's are all chain driven and use the V-4 750cc motor from the older VFR interceptor bike--just de-tuned for more torque. It's the only cruiser (sans a V-Max) I could stomach after spending 8 years on sport bikes; I had to have something with some muscle.
  • Skynut
    edited December 2007
    Sherardp wrote: »
    Nice bikes Skynut, looks like you riding on RC component wheels on one of them, not sure though, but all those are sweet toys.

Thanks, I think the Big Dog is on RC rims.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2007
    Sky--you've got some great bikes there.
  • Skynut
    edited December 2007
    Thanks
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • keith allen
    keith allen Posts: 734
    edited December 2007
    Just sold my 03 sv1000
    003.jpg
    replaced it with this 07 1000 vstrom
    DSC00120.jpg
    heres my 1976 kz900 ltd,she has a big motor,140hp
    003-1.jpg
    and my 97 klr250 dualsport

DSC00126.jpg
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited December 2007
    Too much moto-****. . got the itch.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • Sami
    edited December 2007
    Nice Kawa Keith!!!

My bikes are at http://flickr.com/photos/sami_kallio/collections/72157601241895935/

Nothing as nice though, just an old XS850, '03 CBR919 and '07 CBR600RR.