Any motorcyclists?

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just wondering if there was anyone else on here that rode? I just picked up a bike a few months ago to get to and from school. Its an 05 Kawasaki Ninja 500R. 50mpg rocks!
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    been riding since the early 70`s....

**ahem**....I mean for a while now...
    `98 HD ustom Softail...

Got any pic`s ?

The gas milage is definately a big plus...
    I have been thinking of getting a Triumph triple, or a Ducatti to commute on..
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2007
    I only get around 40 MPG on my ZX-12R <sigh>. And, even less if I ride it the way it is meant to be ridden.
  • exalted512
    edited December 2007
    DSC_6367.jpg
    Not mine, but I have the same exact one. Next bike will be 600-1000CC, probably within a year after I graduate.
    -Cody
  • Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited December 2007
    02 ZX7R. She is sleeping in the garage at the moment. :cool:

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    I had a Yammi FZR1000, stage III jet kit, Vance and Hines Street-Strip pipe (unbaffled), and a barnett clutch. I saw speeds above 150mph way to often. 130mph on one wheel. I am too **** to have 2 wheels anymore. I have kids. It is sold! I get 30mpg in my Pontiac Grand Prix:)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2007
    Been riding for a long time. I'm selling my 96 GSXR 750. I just don't have the time to go riding. Besides, I thing it's time to build another car.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • dagame27
    dagame27 Posts: 574
    edited December 2007
    I've been riding for a couple of years. Kawasaki vulcan 900 classic cruiser. Decent size, decent acceleration, and 55 mpg! Not bad for under $7k. Enjoy riding, its a great hobby. Just watch out for the other idiots on the road!
    ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Marantz SR7012 Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15 Subs: 2 SVS Sb13 Ultra (HT Only) Analysis Plus Cables
  • exalted512
    edited December 2007
    I got mine for $3500 with 2k miles. Fantastic deal that I couldnt pass up. Havent ridden in a while because of the wet weather. Was going to take it out today but simply didnt have the time. Texas weather so riding is year-round :)
    -Cody
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    I have a 1981 Yamaha Midnight Special (850). Got it 3 years ago when I first started riding. Didn't really ride much this year - the bike is a bit old and is just a pain in teh **** to maintain. Hopefully next year I'll be able to get myself a new one - definitely going the cruiser route, just not sure what.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    Motocross/Quads/Drag bikes and sport bikes since I can remember....Latest was a Yamaha R1....latest Quad a Yamaha 660 Raptor. Was at Baylands Raceway Park in Fremont Ca EVERY time they had wed night grudge racing ...many many moons ago...the day they closed Baylands was a dark one in my past :mad:

Up until 1989 when I bought my first new truck...ALL I ever had for transportation were motorcycles.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • exalted512
    edited December 2007
    Yea, I absolutely love mine. Ive been wanting one for several years but could never convince the rents. Now that I can afford it and I dont live with them, I can hide it from em :)
    -Cody
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited December 2007
    Been riding since I was about 6, streetbikes since 1981 when I was 17 years old.

Used to buy a new bike every 2 years, but I've been riding this one since 1993:

zx11pu8.jpg

Took this shot a month ago when I put it away for the winter.
  • exalted512
    edited December 2007
    Lots of Kawasaki owners it seems.
    -Cody
  • Phatstud
    Phatstud Posts: 3
    edited December 2007
  • exalted512
    edited December 2007
    Beautiful!
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    I want an R1, but I know better.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited December 2007
    Been into the bikes for a long time, In the past 4 yrs Ive gone through a new bike almost every year. My last bike was the yamaha R1, and my current bike is the 2006 MV Agusta F41000S. Tons of options added, including Sato Rear Sets, Moto Corse carbon fiber options, Alcantara Seat, Ti Exhaust was hand made paired with a custom race chip. Its a sick bike, tons of torque and hi end. Imagine the bottom end torque of a 06 Gixxer with the top end of a R1. It can be a little scary but the Italians got the formula right.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited December 2007
    As little as last year, yes. Currently nothing. Looking at the VTX's. Not much use for rockets in town here, the roads are not nice. There is lots of beach here to travel at relatively low speed, and the cruiser is more conducive to longer rides. Keep it under 100 these days, and all the rubber on the down side.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • Sherardp
    edited December 2007
    Few pics of my old bikes, the 03 gixxer with a custom made GP style race pipe under the seat and my 02 chromed out TL1000R I had as a show bike. No more bling for me, Im into racing and going fast, as you can tell when I went to the gixxer, that thing was a beast. Japanese bike shops offer so much tuning for sport bikes its unreal.

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    As little as last year, yes. Currently nothing. Looking at the VTX's. Not much use for rockets in town here, the roads are not nice. There is lots of beach here to travel at relatively low speed, and the cruiser is more conducive to longer rides. Keep it under 100 these days, and all the rubber on the down side.

Riding in Boston proper is the exact opposite of fun. I used to take my bike into college to save a parking spot (and just saying that, I realize I've been riding for at least 5 years since I graduated college 4 years ago).

Take your bike up to the North Shore and there's some GREAT rides. I like to shoot up Route 1 up into the Topsfield area and zip around those streets up there. Great riding.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    I sold my cruiser earlier this year. I miss those rides in the country :(

bike.jpg

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2007
    I've swapped between sportbikes and cruisers for years, right now I'm on a 2002 Honda Magna, 750cc V4:
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited December 2007
    I ride, 1996 Harley Davidson Dyna Lowrider. I will see if I can post a couple picks. She has beed worked on quite a bit.

The short upgrade list, Drag Pipes, S&S Carb, New cams, New Wheels 80 spoke front solid rear, Three quarter Apes, Forward controls.

I have had my share of sporty bikes but prefer to cruise more now.

Although I miss my Hurricane 1000. My friends called me the Silver Surfer on that thing.
  • SKsolutions
    edited December 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Riding in Boston proper is the exact opposite of fun. I used to take my bike into college to save a parking spot (and just saying that, I realize I've been riding for at least 5 years since I graduated college 4 years ago).

Take your bike up to the North Shore and there's some GREAT rides. I like to shoot up Route 1 up into the Topsfield area and zip around those streets up there. Great riding.

Cool Bob, I'm originally from the North Shore, been a cityboy about 5 years, and can't go back, even if they would allow it. My typical Sundays were from Boston/Cambridge/Somerville to 16 out to Medford, Revere Beach, (Iroc-Z world capitol), blast down Rt 1, Lynn, Nahant, Salem, Marblehead grab some dinner, see a friend, and come back to town.

Old route one, Topsfield and Boxford have some well paved streets that were deer paths at some point, so at no point are they straight:D. One of my favorite places to get lost.

If I grab that VTX, we'll have to meet up for beer and burgers.:cool:
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • SKsolutions
    edited December 2007
    Good to see some metric cruisers! Think that was the last year of the Magna, too bad, great bike. A friend just bought the same Boulevard that Ricardo has, and he and his wife love it. I'm hoping out for a 2-up VTX with a 240 rear:D, but stock is fine too.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • SKsolutions
    edited December 2007
    Sherardp wrote: »
    2006 MV Agusta F41000S.

Holy shittzle!
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • Sherardp
    edited December 2007
    Holy shittzle!

Yep Yep, Its been my dream bike and I bought it for my 29th birthday present to myself. Dreams do come true and it was worth every penny. Thanks for the compliment.

• whitetruk
    whitetruk Posts: 308
    edited December 2007
    hd ultra classic 2007.
    been ridin most of my life
    I thought it was fairly amusing also. The Polk Ogre doesn't always get 'it'
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited December 2007
    15 yrs since I rode but still renew my license each time it comes up. I never thought about retiring in an RV but a bike has that special place in my heart.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited December 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I have a 1981 Yamaha Midnight Special (850). Got it 3 years ago when I first started riding. Didn't really ride much this year - the bike is a bit old and is just a pain in teh **** to maintain. Hopefully next year I'll be able to get myself a new one - definitely going the cruiser route, just not sure what.
    I have a 1980 XS Special. Nice bike but maybe not for everyday use like you said. That's why I have also 2003 Honda CBR919.