Snow

13»

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    I'd love to, but something like that wouldn't fit in my garage. I'd have to wait till next year when I get a shed.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    Face wrote: »
    I'd love to, but something like that wouldn't fit in my garage. I'd have to wait till next year when I get a shed.

You could always put a plow on the vette. I bet there is enough power in that to push some snow around.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited December 2007
    You could always put a plow on the vette. I bet there is enough power in that to push some snow around.

Just beef up whatever air guides under the front bumper, that things probably low enough to push all kinds of snow. Get some snow tires for the back and you'll be set!:D
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    I can just see the company name now on the side of the vette. "C5 PLOWING" Fastest plow service in New York!
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited December 2007
    Face wrote: »
    LOL! I have a friend who's interested in the motor. I guess it's time to go shopping for a new snowblower. Thanks for the response.

Get a machine in the 7+ HP range with a 24" bucket. I wouldn't buy new--a properly maintained snowblower is a 40-year purchase and the older ones are usually similar to the super-pro models the companies currently sell. I'd recommend an '80s-90s Ariens ST824, a '90s+ Simplicity 760 or 860, or a '90s+ Toro 724 or 824.

Small frame machines like my Toro 724 are OK, but they're fiarly lightweight and limited.

Avoid store brands or low-end makes like MTD, AYP, Husqvarna, Troy-Bilt, etc. Also avoid machines too old or obscure to still have parts support. Hahn Eclipse, Lambert, and the like.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    bobman1235, you make it home yet?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited December 2007
    I can just see the company name now on the side of the vette. "C5 PLOWING" Fastest plow service in New York!

To hell with Homer the Plow King, I'd hire him in a heartbeat!
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    Here's my snow blower........It's the BEST!!!:D
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited December 2007
    nms wrote: »
    Billiards anyone? :D

Mini Van, corner pocket!