I'm sorry......

124»

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    :D OMG I think I'm going to have to rent that this weekend!:D

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/loWrI1FneSM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/loWrI1FneSM&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

yesss!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    I watched Anger Management one time and it pissed me off. :rolleyes:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2007
    Yashu wrote: »
    Troy, I appreciate the general apology... I hope that, although you did not mention my name, that I am included in this. I am going to be honest and say that I felt angry too, I think, although I tried to keep it private, and those of you that know what happened in PM is not what this place is all about. It's about, like you said, friendship over this passion of audio, and things did need to be "set right" by this kind of gesture. Silverti did deserve the apology, and I am glad he got it. I have a thick skin, but not all of us have that... jokes become insults very easily for some, and that isn't a fault of theirs, so it should be understood and dealt with in an honorable way. I hope that some of the drama goes away and we can get back to complaining about digital vs. analog, tubes v. SS, and planars vs. enclosed drivers. That drama is way more fun than being accused of stealing or whatever.

Troy, you and I will probably never agree on some things, and I have said this to someone else, but I want you to know that I understand that, and I want those things to stay differences in opinion, and not lines in the sand. When we begin to take sides, it splits our club here apart, and that is not what we are about. I don't think that is what you are about either.

I want this to result in us shaking hands, figuratively speaking, for I think you, troy, and I need to let our problems with each other go, and to get back to what we do here best. I stuck around here for a reason... I could have easily said screw it and left, but I stayed because I thought that, in the end, this place brings together people from all kinds of backgrounds, young, old, novice, expert, rich, and poor and gives us a way to discuss our hobby on an equal ground.

There is no need to hang up our senses of humor to do this, just be aware and have some discretion... that's all. I don't want this place to become bland either, you know... just don't forget how many different people are here and where they come from.

I'd rather you keep the attitude here in Club Polk anyway... because if a million DPRK troops move down because you had to turn your sense of humor elsewhere, there is a chance I might feel a little guilty... hehe so for the sake of world peace, man, are we cool?

Let me explain again.

I apologize for how my jokes were perceived. I do NOT apologize for what I said. That said, I will not go out of my way to antagonize anyone for the sake of peace and tranquility.

Let me be frank though, in your case, I did nothing to antagonize you. I'll even be more frank in that in your case, I went out of my way to NOT rise to the bait you tossed out in other threads. In point of fact, I politely asked you SEVERAL times to ignore me, not respond to my posts etc, you chose not to. Yes, I went scorched earth VIA PM. I said some very nasty things. If pursued via PM again, the results will be the same.

My apology was directed in the sense that I do not wish to involve the moderators (out of respect for them as they are my friends).....nor do I wish to give the appearance that the forum is an overtly hostile environment. It is not and that's why I gave the examples of the benevolent things that happen on the forum, to give the new folks an idea of what does go one behind the scenes. Most of that never goes public because the people involved A. think that's just business as usual B. don't think that a good deed deserves a public handjob and C. have probably been on the receiving end as well.

The folks that I have locked horns with in the past, Dan, Sean, Trey and others have gained my respect not because they felt the need to apologize to me or accept one from me. I respect them because they take part in the community and add to it as opposed to just taking from it.

So, in short....my feelings about, specifically, you and Silverti are no different than they were before. If you, and any other new people, want respect...that is something you earn. No one is entitled to it. I will grant civility and indifference. Anything else, you have to earn for yourself.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    :eek: :D;)
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Face wrote: »
    :eek: :D;)

Ha ha ha, that is probably on a dart board in somebody's room!:eek:
  • Yashu
    Yashu Posts: 772
    edited December 2007
    I have earned it, so it's time to put up or shut up. You like to be frank, so there it is.

You want to show you are sorry, whatever you reasons behind it, I don't really care, just show it by backing the hell off me and treating me like a member of this community that deserves to be here just as much as you do. Your friends will follow that lead and there won't be any more problems, at least as far as I am concerned. Your beef with others is not my business.

I did my part by being honest with you here and in PM, I got reamed for doing nothing wrong, but that's in the past, I forgave you a while back in PM when I said let's lay down our swords... now it is your turn to start treating me like you treat your other friends. I don't mind some jokes and some dicking around if it's all in good fun... but the second you take that inch and begin to turn it into a mile "just because you can", then we are back to square 1.

You will find I, too, am a good guy once you get to know me, so stop trying to lay blame and start trying to, perhaps, be friends with me? That is what I have been trying to do for a while now, this would be the best time to start over, Troy.

Your friends all say you are such a great guy, yet when I try to shake your hand, this is what you do. Your friends obviously see something that you have yet to show me... so lets whipe the slate clean and maybe you can start showing me a little of that good heart they all are telling me about. I am not Silverti, I am not ka7niq, I am Yashu, and I am going to be around for a good while, so we might as well try to be friends.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    Ha ha ha, that is probably on a dart board in somebody's room!:eek:

Damn man stop looking in my windows!!! I'm going to report you! :mad::mad::mad:
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited December 2007
    Is this thread ever going to end?

Frank...I mean Troy, you obviously made an effort to reconcile to some degree with all those offended and it has gotten you not far from nowhere. Maybe it's time to let things be and just ignore the offended parties. You aren't going to win piddly little battles like this if those who are offended keep changing the rules of engagement on you.

Those of you who are offended, everyone is sorry to see that you are offended and generally feels bad for you. However, don't expect anyone to come to your defense when it is clear that so many others here believe that there is wrong doing on both sides. No one is going to take sides and start a war. This is supposed to be a community. The lovely thing about this board is that it is privately owned and that means it's a dictatorship. You don't get to chose a side and start a civil war. The previous rebellion was already squashed and if this continues, this rebellion will also be squashed. On that note, if you are expecting and/or demanding to be treated like one of the community, act like it and stop with the petty flame wars and tantrums about hurt feelings. Even though this is a community, it's still real life and no one is going to care about your feelings if your behavior and words do not allow for any concessions for other's feelings. It's the Golden Rule, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

To all with the light-hearted humor trying to break the tension, I agree with your efforts and I have tried to do so also. But there comes a time when that light-hearted humor wears thin on the parties directly involved and it only serves to instigate things further. Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Everyone involved here needs to take a step back and realize that this is not worth all of this. There are bigger problems in this world than TroyD on an internet forum sticking his foot in his mouth or F1nut being a grumpy, crotchety old man that smells like cheese. Go do something constructive and step away from the computer. Sometimes it's nice to even GO OUTSIDE! You see that big glowing orb in the sky? That's called the Sun. You should all go outside and get some! Does wonders for your mood! Except Troy 'cause he's in the middle of the desert. But then again, with all that sun out there you'd think that guy'd be the happiest f@#$er on the planet!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • TroyD
    edited December 2007
    I have earned it, so it's time to put up or shut up. You like to be frank, so there it is.

You want to show you are sorry, whatever you reasons behind it, I don't really care, just show it by backing the hell off me and treating me like a member of this community that deserves to be here just as much as you do. Your friends will follow that lead and there won't be any more problems, at least as far as I am concerned. Your beef with others is not my business.

I did my part by being honest with you here and in PM, I got reamed for doing nothing wrong, but that's in the past, I forgave you a while back in PM when I said let's lay down our swords... now it is your turn to start treating me like you treat your other friends. I don't mind some jokes and some dicking around if it's all in good fun... but the second you take that inch and begin to turn it into a mile "just because you can", then we are back to square 1.

You will find I, too, am a good guy once you get to know me, so stop trying to lay blame and start trying to, perhaps, be friends with me? That is what I have been trying to do for a while now, this would be the best time to start over, Troy.

Your friends all say you are such a great guy, yet when I try to shake your hand, this is what you do. Your friends obviously see something that you have yet to show me... so lets whipe the slate clean and maybe you can start showing me a little of that good heart they all are telling me about. I am not Silverti, I am not ka7niq, I am Yashu, and I am going to be around for a good while, so we might as well try to be friends.

Again, I am sorry for the mele that my jokes caused. That's it. That's the extent of my apology.

As far as you go.....you are 'entitled' to nothing from me. I don't owe you squat. Period. End of story. I don't 'owe' you my respect nor my friendship. If you think otherwise, we disagree. I do not run this forum nor do I wish to exert any influence over who is 'accepted' or who is not. I speak for me and me alone. How others view/treat you is thier business, not mine.

Again, my pledge is civility and indifference. Meaning, I will not laugh at your expense nor will I go out of my way to antagonize you in the interest of avoiding the scream-fest that have become too common. That's it. Other than that, I wish to have nothing to do with you (or Silverti, for that matter).

BDT
  • TroyD
    edited December 2007
    John,

I am the happiest guy on the planet. ;)

BDT
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007

demanding respect never works. your not entitled to have people like you. Are you entitled to be a member of club polk and garner the knowlege and contribute?....absolutley. Are you entitled to everyone's friendship and respect? No, it is earned over time if you choose to do so.

it seems you want everyone to act the way to want, as opposed to being themselves, which is kind of odd to me. Granted, you are entitled to not be ridiculed or insulted to a level, and certainly to not be threatened in any way. However I must submit that you are not doing a very good job trying to ingratiate yourself into the community here. I'm not saying everything Troy, Jesse et.al did was right, hell nothing man does is always right.

I will say that if you got PM's you dont like, dont PM them back. I dont know exactly whats going on, but I know the Mods are freaking out because of an increase in compaints about what I deem to be dumb things. "I dont like what he said to me" "I dont like the way **** treats me"

if someone dont like you, stop talking to them. I again invoke my often used phrase that life is not rocket science. This has always been a relativly open board with little moderation, thus allowing a forum of free ideas. When people whine to Mods about not liking how people treat them, instead of solving the problem on your own using effective communication/people skills, etc....thus endangering something many of us hold near and dear, then WE MIGHT NOT LIKE YOU FOR IT!!! (my apologies if your not one of the ones complaining to the Mods, but given your recent post, you have to see why I have the sneaky suspiscion)

I also saw you openly complain about how F1nut was speaking to someone else (Lasereath if I am not mistaken, AKA Sal). I got the impression from that exchange that you are looking for any reason to jump down someone's throat for acting in a way you do not personally like. Nothing personal, but I found that to be odd, and certainly not condusive to ensuring a healthy community. If you look at my post history, I'm sure you will find I have said things to others you might not like, and humbly submit that this would be between me and the person I am speaking to.

Being a member of a message board is one thing, acting as defacto post cop is something entirely different.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    I'm naked right now.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited December 2007
    This seems like a good gesture. Now let's get back to actual discussions.

~J
This discussion has been closed.