I'm sorry......

TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Ok, I'll throw this out there.....

I'm going to apologize for my conduct. In the past few days, I've made two jokes at Silverti's expense. In both instances, he posted something that, had it been anyone else, I would have posted anyway. That said, I will point out that I had no intent other providing some humor and levity.

Now, I know that there is a history with Silverti and others on the board. Duh. I was not a part of that whole scenario, I assume that I'm just lumped in as guilty by association. I'll also point out that there was no sort of collusion on my part with others on what I posted...IE there was no conspiracy of attack. I post what I post of my own free will and I take sole responsibility for the contents of said posts. I don't pig pile on people in thier arguments, everone here is an adult and can take up for themselves without my intervention.

Secondly, for the folks that think there is some sort of gang out here with a 'pack' mentality. Lemme possibly shed some light on that. There are some folks on here that my friendship goes back pushing ten years. In my case, there are a lot of folks on this forum that I've give gear to (free of charge), welcomed to my home, evaluated/picked up/paid for/shipped gear that was local sale only.... and the list goes on. I don't mention that because I think what I have done merits special consideration, I mention that because with the folks on this forum....it is the NORM. It happens on a daily basis here.

Over here in Iraq, I've recieved packages, cards, emails from many folks on this forum....people who put thier political beliefs aside and live up to thier pledge to 'support the troops'. Hell, hearingimpared and I, when he first came on the boards, had a pretty vocal disagreement about school curriculum. Soon after, he posted about his LP's getting ganked up in his basement....so I boxed up about 50 LP's and sent them his way. Because, that's what we do here. We can argue and bust each others onions, however, when **** happens...we help each other out. That's what we do.

F1, who is the grumpiest old **** that you can imagine.....has spent a LOT of time and effort talking people through SDA mods and so forth that he doesn't even KNOW. Not to mention that he opens his home at all hours of the night (during the day if you don't disturb the coffin).

I could go on, but hopefully you all see the point.....if you are only seeing the pissing contests and not the examples of the forum regulars helping out, not just each other, but everyone....I'd say you aren't looking close enough. I'd also point out that just because someone gets off on the wrong foot that it's a 'death sentence'....in my case, mantis for example. We've gone the full 15 on NUMEROUS occaisions, now, we live quite peaceably. Sean, Trey....same thing. If anything 'bothers' me per se, it's the people who are the most vocal (and this has been the case for YEARS on this forum) about how they are treated are the ones who don't contribute and invest themselves in the community.

Anyhow, for my part......I'll apologize for how people have taken my humor. I won't apologize for what I said, but I'll apologize for how it was taken.

BDT
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by TroyD on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited December 2007
    You rock Troy...

Stay safe
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited December 2007
    Proof once again that you're not just a pretty face.

Although I don't feel that an apology is called for, it's pretty classy the high road you're taking. Straight up, no BS.

Don't have a problem with what you posted, thought it fell into the category of "Pretty Whimsical" , so ...... uhm .......... fudge.

Although our positions are pretty far apart on the wisdom of your present assignment (difference is probably as wide as the geographical distance), be assured that the appreciation and admiration is definitely there for the grunt in harm's way on the ground.

Stay low, stay safe, and watch out for incoming.

.... and do the same thing over there.

Well .... one word is too many, and a million ain't enough, so ....... once again, pretty GD classy.
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited December 2007
    Sal Palooza
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    Troy, that's a nice gesture, though I don't think you needed to apologize. There was nothing wrong with your post. The problem is how some people are looking for "hidden words" in every post and taking stuff way too seriously. That thread was asking for mocking and nonsense comments. So what's the fuzz when you actually get them? What's this place going to turn into?

The moment I need to think twice if one of my nonsense posts is going to offend anyone, and then apologize, then I guess that will be the moment I need to go look for someplace else to hang out and try to dilute the daily stress. Yes, that is half of what this forum is for me. A "go relax" place, where I can laugh a bit and take a break from real life stress and problems. Read fun posts, play inmature for a while (Sorry Cathy...damn...I started :)), etc.

The other half, the part that has words like family, helpful, friends, etc, is boring and you have read it already in some other posts, so I'll skip it here.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    Troy, as usual you are a class act, no hard feeling here.

No problem Ricardo, I also use this place as a stress reducer & also to help share all the wonderful knowledge I have learned here with newbies looking for advice.

Being immature at times is fine, being mean while being immature or calling being mean immature behavior is different.

I know there will always be differences of opinion on here, you can't put a large group of people together & not have them. But it shouldn't break into all out war with everyone suffering the consequences whether they are involved or not.

Troy is away from his family & friends doing enough fighting for ALL OF US. I just want him to come home safe & sound & for us to enjoy peace here.

Have a good week everyone.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    is it me, or does it seem that lately we are actually being attacked for being such a close comraderie? Hey guys, it takes time to become part of any close comraderie. People are friends here, just like in real life (not that we arent friends in real life, but i'm making a point between virtual and real life here).

there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!!!! Whining to Justin about the "bad men who are friends" will a) not make us like you any faster, if that even is your goal B) makes you look like a jerk, thus increasing the number of people who want to verbally rank on you for being said jerk.

Just because we're a "gang", doens't mean we agree all the time. If everyone feels a particular member is nothing but a whiney trouble maker, then there probably right.

my god people, get a spine :mad:

I'm not saying this to cause trouble, I'm saying this to be honest and call it like it is. I'm not siding with Troy becasue he is Troy. I'm siding with Troy because he is not the one hell bent on being a PITA.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    i'll apologize in advance here, my post was a thought at the time (a true and valid one in my opinion)

however, note that it is not my attention for this thread of Troy honerably falling on the sword to go in a wrong direction.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2007
    Damn you Troy, now I'm gonna have to come back and post in this infernal place! ;)

I will admit guys, I've been a bit of an old hag around here lately with letting, what amounts to stupid stuff, get to me. I let a few things ruin my view on a ton of great things around here.

I've just been moody lately. I hit the big 4 OHHH (40) back in mid November. There have been alot of sick people in the office which makes it hard to avoid YOU getting sick. I've felt a bit run down with fighting off some colds, which also made me feel moody. Some things at work made me feel grouchy. So, put them all together and you have a 6'2" 245lb EFFING GROUCH!!!

Things have shaped up in the last several days though and I feel great. Just feel healthy, work going good and feeling great at the gym with my workouts.

Amazing how we tend to let a few minor things get the best of us and let them outweigh a ton of goodness. If I start acting like a DIC* again, please let me know. Just say...dude...you're acting like a DIC* again.

Can I get a hug now?

Strong (not so) Bad
    No excuses!
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    Nice and a class act all the way.

Above all stay safe.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    Nice post Troy and others that followed in footsteps.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    Troy...because of all of the turmoil you have created, I think you should formally announce your intent to leave the forum. Whether you do or not is irrelevant.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited December 2007
    You are good in my book, Troy.

Too bad we don't have Faster anymore..

J/K ;)
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited December 2007
    Too much drama around here lately for a forum with an average age of (I'm guessing) at least 30+ years old. It's a lot silly to be honest, but hopefully it will end soon...
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2007
    I think somebody needs a HUG! :p:p

Troy dude, you're a stand up guy. I don't always follow this or that thread that leads to some of them being shut down for whatever reason.. but you are correct. This forum has changed, I think us long timers can easily see that. It's still fun and I make it a point to spend lots of time here. If it wasn't still somewhat fun, then I would spend my online time elsewhere.

This place did sometimes get out of hand... no names please.. so we share in your apology.. you just did a much better job in writing it than I ever could.

amen brother. I look forward to the next time we meet up and crack open a nice cold one. :D
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bBHbaOXuXA4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bBHbaOXuXA4&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Everybody loves Barney. *group hug*
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,442
    edited December 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    is it me, or does it seem that lately we are actually being attacked for being such a close comraderie? Hey guys, it takes time to become part of any close comraderie. People are friends here, just like in real life (not that we arent friends in real life, but i'm making a point between virtual and real life here).

there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!!!! Whining to Justin about the "bad men who are friends" will a) not make us like you any faster, if that even is your goal B) makes you look like a jerk, thus increasing the number of people who want to verbally rank on you for being said jerk.

Just because we're a "gang", doens't mean we agree all the time. If everyone feels a particular member is nothing but a whiney trouble maker, then there probably right.

my god people, get a spine :mad:

I'm not saying this to cause trouble, I'm saying this to be honest and call it like it is. I'm not siding with Troy becasue he is Troy. I'm siding with Troy because he is not the one hell bent on being a PITA.

Bravo!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,442
    edited December 2007
    I'm bad, I'm nationwide and I'll always be your huckleberry.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Great write up Troy! It's good to see a little piece of sanity! It's a shame that a guy who is putting his life on the line for us has to take this measure which by the way bumps you up to the top of the respect -o - meter in my book!:cool:

BTW Lou, I wish I would have written that.;)

Merry Christmas Everyone! or Happy Holidays whichever you prefer!:)
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    When you have a large group of people together, people are going to say things that others will not like. Now threatening someone or hurling viscious insults is one thing, but taking a position against someone else, or even making it clear that any input from a person one may not like is unwelcome to me isnt wrong.

while there must be a level of decorum, there is no rule that we have to like everybody. Of course, if I dont like someone, I dont revel in every oppurtunity to scream to a Mod either. i either try to ingratiate myself in a crowd, or if I dont like a board, I LEAVE. believe me, I've left boards before, I dont stay somewhere I dont like and whine to a Mod when there is a problem.

I've recently seen one person joking with another, and then a member (not to be mentioned, lest I invite a complaint to Justin) complaining about what one person said to another AS A JOKE!!!!!!!

it's getting ridiculous. Granted, maybe some of us are not handling it in a way condusive to Harmony, but this is a 2 WAY STREET, and must be seen as such. Whenever you join a group of people, you have to at least throw a little respect to the culture and environment that exists. Whining to Mods when someone says a little something that offends your delicate senses is childish to say the least.

you got people being raped and murdered in Darfur wishing to whatever god they pray to that the only thing they have to worry about is what a grumpy member of the board says to them. go to Google.com and do a search for REALITY, SENSE OF !!!!!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited December 2007
    Troy. . . you have always been kind and gentle to me. . . even when I was just a noob.

I wish you the best abroad. Return home quickly and safely. God Bless and Happy Holidays.

America, F*(& YEAH!
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • shack
    edited December 2007
    Much ado about nothing...IMO :rolleyes:

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    shack wrote: »
    Much ado about nothing...IMO :rolleyes:

i know, your right. I just loathe whiners. god bless em though, if F1's grumpy guss nature and Troy's rapier wit are their biggest worry, then they must live charmed lives. :rolleyes:

didnt we learn not to tattle in kindergarten? :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007

didnt we learn not to tattle in kindergarten? :p

Tattling always got you a lolipop....in my school anyway.
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    tattling in my school got you a pop, but not a good one :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Strong Bad
    edited December 2007
    Lou, can I come up to Jersey, have you wear a Santa hat and let me sit on your lap to tell you what I want for X-Mas? It kinda involves me as an Elf and you as Santa and...well...something sloppy! :D:D:D

Good thread though. As a long timer, I've seen alot of the changing attitudes in the forum, and I admit, I've been an effing grump and contributed some to it. I had emailed a few forum members about a few non-forum related things recently and we spoke briefly about things around here. Their comments on personal experiences in the forum along with Troy's post got me thinking...

Why should comments I don't care for or agree with on an internet forum get me so bent out of shape? I wasn't like this years ago! WTF is wrong with me!!! I usually get along with most people in my life in general, but for some reason, this forum ALONE was getting me bent out of shape. So stupid of me!

Off my soapbox...

Now Lou, about that request....

Johnny Elf
    No excuses!
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Lou, can I come up to Jersey, have you wear a Santa hat and let me sit on your lap to tell you what I want for X-Mas? It kinda involves me as an Elf and you as Santa and...well...something sloppy! :D:D:D

If me throwing pistachio pudding at some of your coworkers/photog models from the "club" fulfils your "sloppy" requirement, then there might be a deal to be made here...LOL :D:p:D:p
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• shack
    edited December 2007
    i know, your right. I just loathe whiners. god bless em though, if F1's grumpy guss nature and Troy's rapier wit are their biggest worry, then they must live charmed lives. :rolleyes:

Lou, this WHOLE SITUATION is much ado about NOTHING. The whining, feelings hurt :rolleyes:, tattling, admins jumping in, apolgizing, etc, etc, etc...

BFD!

• ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    I hear ya bud, I hear ya
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited December 2007
    Y'all need something more constructive to do with your time!

Build a race car, take a trip, refinish your speakers, buy a new house, get a divorce, they all eat up a ton of time that would otherwise be spent online looking for some cheese to go with all the whine.

There's no shortage of cheese here at Club Polk so I guess that's why we get all the whine.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Strong Bad
    edited December 2007
    If me throwing pistachio pudding at some of your coworkers/photog models from the "club" fulfils your "sloppy" requirement, then there might be a deal to be made here...LOL :D:p:D:p

Well son, that sounds like a damn fine idea!

Shack, just for that, you only get to WATCH! ;) NO PUDDING FOR YOU!

The Pudding ****
    No excuses!
This discussion has been closed.