I'm sorry......

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    Strong Bad wrote:
    Well son, that sounds like a damn fine idea!

Shack, just for that, you only get to WATCH! ;) NO PUDDING FOR YOU!

The Pudding ****

I LIKE to watch.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Jstas wrote: »
    There's no shortage of cheese here at Club Polk

Yep a pound of cheddar is stuck in Russ's butt!:D
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited December 2007
    My sons are going food shopping tonight while I'm at work.

I told them to be sure to pick up a block of Swiss cheese.

I like Swiss cheese.

A lot.

I hope they don't forget.

Maybe I should call them from work to remind them ?

I think I will.

Well, that's about all the news from the "Excitement Desk" here at the Ponderosa.

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited December 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    Anyhow, for my part......I'll apologize for how people have taken my humor. I won't apologize for what I said, but I'll apologize for how it was taken.

BDT

Have we all really become this politically correct? Should we not be allowed to play with others due to worry they may become offended? Isn't a certain amount of people skills (not to mention balls) required to post on a public forum?
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2007
    madmax wrote: »
    Have we all really become this politically correct? Should we not be allowed to play with others due to worry they may become offended? Isn't a certain amount of people skills (not to mention balls) required to post on a public forum?
    madmax

Completely concur.
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited December 2007
    I am offended that you would use the term "balls". I only have one, and it makes me less able to handle things. Matter of fact, I get a little testie.
    Please have it removed!

Love,
    knute
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,442
    edited December 2007
    Jstas wrote: »

There's no shortage of cheese here at Club Polk so I guess that's why we get all the whine.

Did someone mention moldy cheese and cheap merlot? :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    madmax wrote: »
    Have we all really become this politically correct?
    Since I don't do politics....never have, never will.....it is not I that has become politically correct.

Don't believe Troy was either. He was just being a gentleman, which is more than I can say for some.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited December 2007
    Troy ,
    are you still fighting with people??? Didn't you get enough with Liv4fam and myself???Don't you remember the 4 way battles of yesteryear with Russ , you , Liv and myself??? Come on man......:)
    I don't know what went down but I respect your post here. Lets all just have fun and love our hobby.

I do, do you? ...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    "I love you.
    You love me.
    We're best friends like friends should be.
    With a great big hug
    and a kiss from me to you,
    won't you say you love me too?"

Come on, let's sing it together!
  • Yashu
    Yashu Posts: 772
    edited December 2007
    Troy, I appreciate the general apology... I hope that, although you did not mention my name, that I am included in this. I am going to be honest and say that I felt angry too, I think, although I tried to keep it private, and those of you that know what happened in PM is not what this place is all about. It's about, like you said, friendship over this passion of audio, and things did need to be "set right" by this kind of gesture. Silverti did deserve the apology, and I am glad he got it. I have a thick skin, but not all of us have that... jokes become insults very easily for some, and that isn't a fault of theirs, so it should be understood and dealt with in an honorable way. I hope that some of the drama goes away and we can get back to complaining about digital vs. analog, tubes v. SS, and planars vs. enclosed drivers. That drama is way more fun than being accused of stealing or whatever.

Troy, you and I will probably never agree on some things, and I have said this to someone else, but I want you to know that I understand that, and I want those things to stay differences in opinion, and not lines in the sand. When we begin to take sides, it splits our club here apart, and that is not what we are about. I don't think that is what you are about either.

I want this to result in us shaking hands, figuratively speaking, for I think you, troy, and I need to let our problems with each other go, and to get back to what we do here best. I stuck around here for a reason... I could have easily said screw it and left, but I stayed because I thought that, in the end, this place brings together people from all kinds of backgrounds, young, old, novice, expert, rich, and poor and gives us a way to discuss our hobby on an equal ground.

There is no need to hang up our senses of humor to do this, just be aware and have some discretion... that's all. I don't want this place to become bland either, you know... just don't forget how many different people are here and where they come from.

I'd rather you keep the attitude here in Club Polk anyway... because if a million DPRK troops move down because you had to turn your sense of humor elsewhere, there is a chance I might feel a little guilty... hehe so for the sake of world peace, man, are we cool?
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    "I love you.
    You love me.
    We're best friends like friends should be.
    With a great big hug
    and a kiss from me to you,
    won't you say you love me too?"

Come on, let's sing it together!

Stick that one in your ear!!!:D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Stick that one in your ear!!!:D

I'll stick it on my Polkstand. :rolleyes:
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    I feel pretty,
    Oh, so pretty,
    I feel pretty and witty and bright!
    And I pity
    Any girl who isn't me tonight.

I feel charming,
    Oh, so charming
    It's alarming how charming I feel!
    And so pretty
    That I hardly can believe I'm real.

See the pretty girl in that mirror there:
    Who can that attractive girl be?
    Such a pretty face,
    Such a pretty dress,
    Such a pretty smile,
    Such a pretty me!

I feel stunning
    And entrancing,
    Feel like running and dancing for joy,
    For I'm loved
    By a pretty wonderful boy!

Smootches,
    Russy
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    I'll stick it on my Polkstand. :rolleyes:

Isn't that where you usually sit?:eek:
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Sorry Russ, Barney has ya beat.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2007
    Barney over Maria from West Side Story?

Not even a contest son. Go sit in the corner, on your polkstand.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Here's another one from a hero of mine as a child:

It's such a good feeling to know you're alive.
    It's such a happy feeling: You're growing inside.
    And when you wake up ready to say,
    "I think I'll make a snappy new day."
    It's such a good feeling, a very good feeling,
    The feeling you know that we're friends.

Fred M. Rogers
    goodfeeling_pic.jpg
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    Yashu wrote: »
    Troy, I appreciate the general apology... I hope that, although you did not mention my name, that I am included in this. I am going to be honest and say that I felt angry too, I think, although I tried to keep it private, and those of you that know what happened in PM is not what this place is all about. It's about, like you said, friendship over this passion of audio, and things did need to be "set right" by this kind of gesture. Silverti did deserve the apology, and I am glad he got it. I have a thick skin, but not all of us have that... jokes become insults very easily for some, and that isn't a fault of theirs, so it should be understood and dealt with in an honorable way. I hope that some of the drama goes away and we can get back to complaining about digital vs. analog, tubes v. SS, and planars vs. enclosed drivers. That drama is way more fun than being accused of stealing or whatever.

Troy, you and I will probably never agree on some things, and I have said this to someone else, but I want you to know that I understand that, and I want those things to stay differences in opinion, and not lines in the sand. When we begin to take sides, it splits our club here apart, and that is not what we are about. I don't think that is what you are about either.

I want this to result in us shaking hands, figuratively speaking, for I think you, troy, and I need to let our problems with each other go, and to get back to what we do here best. I stuck around here for a reason... I could have easily said screw it and left, but I stayed because I thought that, in the end, this place brings together people from all kinds of backgrounds, young, old, novice, expert, rich, and poor and gives us a way to discuss our hobby on an equal ground.

There is no need to hang up our senses of humor to do this, just be aware and have some discretion... that's all. I don't want this place to become bland either, you know... just don't forget how many different people are here and where they come from.

I'd rather you keep the attitude here in Club Polk anyway... because if a million DPRK troops move down because you had to turn your sense of humor elsewhere, there is a chance I might feel a little guilty... hehe so for the sake of world peace, man, are we cool?

wallbash.gif

P.S. Yashu, I hope you find it funny and laugh a bit. I am just so excited with all the smilies and just wanted to start using them :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • shack
    edited December 2007
    All this "I'm OK...You're OK" BS is making me sick. If I want this sort of stuff, I'll go watch Oprah or Dr. Phil.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    shack wrote: »
    All this "I'm OK...You're OK" BS is making me sick. If I want this sort of stuff, I'll go watch Oprah or Dr. Phil.

Dr. Phil isn't actually a doctor.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2007
    When you're a Jet,you stay a Jet
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2007
    Benny.....

Benny.....

Benny and the Jets
  • shack
    edited December 2007
    STFU...I DON'T CARE IF HE IS A DOCTOR OR NOT...THAT WASN'T MY POINT!

Gee...I feel much better now...Thanks BL XOXOXO

• BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    STFU...I DON'T CARE IF HE IS A DOCTOR OR NOT...THAT WASN'T MY POINT!

Gee...I feel much better now...Thanks BL XOXOXO

This thread is about love and being friends Shack. You telling me to STFU isn't helping. ;)
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited December 2007
    You guys are so weird.
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • Yashu
    Yashu Posts: 772
    edited December 2007
    Dr. Phil, False advertising.

----

This I'm ok we're ok **** is going to keep this drama from happening too often. All things in moderation... if it happened everyday it would get old... aren't some of you guys tired of popcorn?

Every good drama must come to an end... it's better to leave the audience still wanting. I am willing to bet everything that this won't be the last sparring match here... so don't get your knickers in a bunch, have patience.

Where are zee new smilies? I am in advanced and they are the same ones.
  • shack
    edited December 2007
    You telling me to STFU isn't helping. ;)

Yeah...but it helped me. And I tried to be nice. Didn't you see the XOXOXOs? Be careful or you are going to piss me off again...

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2007
    nms wrote: »
    You guys are so weird.

Nah,, it's the holiday season,,,me,,I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in.:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Yeah...but it helped me. And I tried to be nice. Didn't you see the XOXOXOs? Be careful or you are going to piss me off again...

Deal XOXOXOXO
This discussion has been closed.