I'm In Ca , Beverly Hills.....

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,185
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Whats up everyone,
Wife and I are in Ca Beverly Hills staying at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel right off Rodeo Drive on Wilshire. Is there any cool Audio video stores out here? I'm sure there are I just don't know where.

What about Pro audio music stores for Guitar stuff???

I'm gonna search around as we rented a car.

thanks up front,

Dan
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited November 2007
    Sit a spell,
    Relax,
    yall come back now, hear?
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • mantis
    edited November 2007
    madmax wrote: »
    Sit a spell,
    Relax,
    yall come back now, hear?
    madmax

Gotta see how the West Coast gets it done Bro....:D
    Dan
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited November 2007
    mantis wrote: »
    Whats up everyone,
    Wife and I are in Ca Beverly Hills staying at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel right off Rodeo Drive on Wilshire. Is there any cool Audio video stores out here? I'm sure there are I just don't know where.

thanks up front,

Dan

You heard of something called the internet?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited November 2007
    waaah! I wouldn't be checking out a/v gear on Rodeo Blvd. I'd check out the amount of silicon walking up and down the street.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    wallstreet wrote: »
    waaah! I wouldn't be checking out a/v gear on Rodeo Blvd. I'd check out the amount of silicon walking up and down the street.

Silcon as in computer chips? Or did you mean silicone? :rolleyes:
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited November 2007
    LOL, whatever they put in ****.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    sil·i·con /ˈsɪlɪkən, -ˌkɒn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sil-i-kuhn, -kon] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun Chemistry. a nonmetallic element, having amorphous and crystalline forms, occurring in a combined state in minerals and rocks and constituting more than one fourth of the earth's crust: used in steelmaking, alloys, etc.

sil·i·cone /ˈsɪlɪˌkoʊn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sil-i-kohn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun Chemistry. any of a number of polymers containing alternate silicon and oxygen atoms, as (–Si–O–Si–O–)n, whose properties are determined by the organic groups attached to the silicon atoms, and that are fluid, resinous, rubbery, extremely stable in high temperatures, and water-repellent: used as adhesives, lubricants, and hydraulic oils and in electrical insulation, cosmetics, etc.

I hope you don't find silicon in ****....probably wouldn't be healthy. Unless of course a husband is trying to keep GPS tracking on his wife. :D
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited November 2007
    Whats up everyone,

thanks up front,

Dan

My favorite place in LA is the 3rd street Promenade in Santa Monica (completely unrelated to music stores and guitar stuff). I think Tower Record stores in LA are kind of a fun place to music shop.

Lastly, don't forget to pick yourself up an IN-n-Out T-shirt and enjoy the best burger in the country!
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited November 2007
    Lastly, don't forget to pick yourself up an IN-n-Out T-shirt and enjoy the best burger in the country![/QUOTE]

And try a Tommy's Burger! They're terrific!

Haven't had one in years and now I'm drooling!
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • Paul in Canada
    Paul in Canada Posts: 178
    edited November 2007
    Get out in the streets and start taking pictures of pretty ladys so you can post them in the tastefull babes thread. I'm sure if you tell them why you are taking thier pictures they would not mind. Enjoy your trip, I will probably be shovelling snow tomorrow morning.
    Polk RTi 8's
    Polk CSi 5
    FXIA4"s
    Outlaw Audio M200 x2
    Denon AVR 2805
    Sony CDP C345
    Paradigm PW2200 Sub
    Panasonic 50"

"It's futile to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person." demaples July 29/08
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited November 2007
    I'm sure if you tell them why you are taking thier pictures they would not mind.

I can see it now...

Excuse me maam, I'm an audio geek and want to post your picture in an audio forum so all the other audio geeks can look at it and make strange comments like "Check out those big volume knobs..."
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited November 2007
    If you get a yanking to check out the sidewalk of stars on sunset strip...don't.Scumbag city down there.Kinda funny,going down the strip,when you cross into Beverly Hills,it's like someone drew a line for scummy on this side and beautifull and rich on this side.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited November 2007
    madmax wrote: »
    I can see it now...

Excuse me maam, I'm an audio geek and want to post your picture in an audio forum so all the other audio geeks can look at it and make strange comments like "Check out those big volume knobs..."

now, that's funny!

Dan, what are your plans? the usual suspects: venice, universal studios, disneyland, etc.?

enjoy BH!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited November 2007
    Beverly Hills . . . . .

Swimmin' pools,

Movie Stars
    Carl

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited November 2007
    Your in La La Land..!

That ain`t Cailifornia down there....it is it`s own world down there...

good luck and stay safe..

Don`t wear red on one sid eof town, and don`t wear blue on the other...

I forget which side is which....!!

They will let ya know if ya get it wrong !!!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2007
    Enjoy bro, it's a fun place to hang. I go up there every once in a while just to chill, drink and walk around.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • BottomFeeder
    edited November 2007
    Let me tell you a little story 'bout a man named Jed, poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed...

your turn
  • mantis
    edited November 2007
    polkatese wrote: »
    now, that's funny!

Dan, what are your plans? the usual suspects: venice, universal studios, disneyland, etc.?

enjoy BH!
    We came out here to see Dancing with the Stars Final at ABC studios. It was a cool show live. We went shopping on Rodeo Drive, walked and drove all over the place. We did Sunset Strip , Hollywood , Beverly Hills to check out all the killer houses.
    Funny LA was not what I expected. It was calm and cool. People around here are nice , friendly and I didn't find any rudeness like back in Phila or New York. I like it alot out here and wouldn't mind moving out here. It's really cool.

I snapped some cool pic's. Once we get back home, I will post some.

Dan
    Dan
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2007
    Then one day he was shootin at some food, when up from the ground came a bubblin crude....

Next.

Let me tell you a little story 'bout a man named Jed, poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed...

your turn
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2007
    Duplicate.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    See the Dancing With the Stars finale?

You actually admitted that in PUBLIC? Dan, jeeze, man...I'd have to kick my own ****.

Hope you are having a good time!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited November 2007
    We came out here to see Dancing with the Stars Final at ABC studios. It was a cool show live. We went shopping on Rodeo Drive, walked and drove all over the place. We did Sunset Strip , Hollywood , Beverly Hills to check out all the killer houses.
    Funny LA was not what I expected. It was calm and cool. People around here are nice , friendly and I didn't find any rudeness like back in Phila or New York. I like it alot out here and wouldn't mind moving out here. It's really cool.

I snapped some cool pic's. Once we get back home, I will post some.

Dan

Glad you can take home and refute one of those urban myth of LA being the ghetto gang-infested barrio...

One of the HI-FI store that you might be interested to visit is Sound Factor, they have a location in Santa Monica, so it shouldn't be too far from your campground.

Enjoy LA!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited November 2007
    Dude, do yourself a favor and check out Pink's. Best burgers and dogs in SoCal. It's on La Brea and Melrose.;)
    www.pinkshollywood.com
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited November 2007
    Enjoy the getaway bud. Last we talked I didn't know you were going, that explains the latenite (eary morning) PM.

Enjoy

Dave
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,150
    edited November 2007
    Sorry I was out of town at the time (just got back), it would have been nice to meet my first real live Polkie! I hope you enjoyed your stay. Did you grab a walk on the beach yet? They're less crowded this time of year. If you need a good restaurant at a reasonable price, try Caf
    Alea jacta est!
  • BottomFeeder
    edited November 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Then one day he was shootin at some food, when up from the ground came a bubblin crude....

Next.

...oil that is, black gold, Texas tea...

Next