So I thought I was going 2ch sooner rather than later....

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    He got caught. New shipping weight shows 50.2 pounds and the package is moving. New delivery date is tomorrow, hoping for the best.
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited November 2007
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you, man. Hopefully it works out in your favor.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited November 2007
    Good stuff man, I hope this works out for you....Can you PM me where you got this and the guy's name? I am looking to pick something up soon, and this is the last thing I need...
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2007
    cool.. looks like things are going to work out so far. keep us posted.. and post pics when you get it in hand. ::)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    Good luck...hope it shows up as advertised
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    So i have been sitting at home all day, skipping my school class waiting for this package to arrive. I just called Fedex and apparently there another delay with the package and it is stuck in a sort facility in CT. She wasn't sure when the new delivery date would be but she pretty confidently said it definately won't be today, and probably won't be tomorrow...most likely Saturday.

Now I need to waste more time waiting for this mystery package. This is the first and the LAST time I have someone ship me something Fedex Home Delivery.
  • danger boy
    edited November 2007
    don't blame Fed Ex, blame the shipper.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    don't blame Fed Ex, blame the shipper.

Todays delay is all fedex, the lady on the phone couldn't explain why the package was now delayed at the second facility it went to. It finally made it out of New York to CT, but now it's stuck there. This is why she couldn't give me a delivery date because she had no explanation of why it was held at the second facility.

I blame both fedex and the shipper now.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    Waiting for a piece of gear around the holidays is stomach wrenching.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    Waiting for a piece of gear around the holidays is stomach wrenching.

Exactly.

I made another call just a little while ago to hopefully get a compotent employee on the other end who can provide some service. Luckily, I did.

He took my contact information, and fowarded two messages directly to the CT terminal where my package is being held. He said there is absolutley no excuse for a package to be held when it is less than 4 hours from it's final destination as it only needs to go through the final facility where it is loaded into the delivery van.

He said if the tracking information isn't updated by noon tomorrow give a call back again and figure out what is going on.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2007
    How absolutely nerve wracking! I hate having anything delivered just for this reason!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    Well I can breath again. Mysteriously I got a call from Fedex early this morning saying they were able to track the package down and it was to be delivered today 100%.

It just arrived a little while ago. I just finished setting it up and the I'm following the directions for the EZ-Bias Jolida has on their new lines of amplifiers.

I never realized how big the 6550 tube was....holy crap.

Just waiting on my new speakers cables from Zingo to complete the package.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    Right on...good to see...glad it worked out :)
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    Don't apply too much bias you'll be called a cultural bigot!:D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    I just turned on round 1 of ipod music and good lord am I satisfied right now. The sound is amazing to my ears......so glad I didn't sell those NHT's, this is a complete package deal now.

I am going to leave it like this for a few weeks and determine if I need to add a small subwoofer to the mix since Jolida modified this amp with subwoofer outputs, something not usually seen on 502's.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    More pics :D

So glad I stepped into this realm......does this mean I can post in 2ch now?

Friday I will have my LCD monitor for the Ipod display and christmas I am definately getting a 160gig black classic Ipod so I'll be able to rerip all my music with Apple Lossless.
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited November 2007
    More pics :D

So glad I stepped into this realm......does this mean I can post in 2ch now?

Friday I will have my LCD monitor for the Ipod display and christmas I am definately getting a 160gig black classic Ipod so I'll be able to rerip all my music with Apple Lossless.

Everything was great, up until I saw the iPod. Then you saved yourself once again by stating you will rerip to lossless format.

It is a cool little setup. Congrats..
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    jakelm wrote: »
    Everything was great, up until I saw the iPod. Then you saved yourself once again by stating you will rerip to lossless format.

It is a cool little setup. Congrats..

Yea, all I have right now is 4g mini so I use 320kbps for now......and just switch out albums as I get tired of them.

I hope with the 160 I can rerip everything in Apple Lossless and it will be fine. So found it sounds awesome, I was just listening to the Kid Rock CD and the biggest things I noticed so far is that the cymbals are WAY more pronounced, I could barely hear them before.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited November 2007
    Congrats on the amp, glad it arrived safely for you. The 502 has an awesome sound! Grab yourself some extra fuses, they always blow at the worst time. (And they do tend to blow for no real reason, just very tight on tolerance).
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I just saw this. :D
  • danger boy
    edited November 2007
    Well I can breath again. Mysteriously I got a call from Fedex early this morning saying they were able to track the package down and it was to be delivered today 100%.

It just arrived a little while ago. I just finished setting it up and the I'm following the directions for the EZ-Bias Jolida has on their new lines of amplifiers.

I never realized how big the 6550 tube was....holy crap.

Just waiting on my new speakers cables from Zingo to complete the package.

that's beautiful.

congrats! glad it worked out for ya.

let us know how it sounds once you get everything
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    that's beautiful.

congrats! glad it worked out for ya.

let us know how it sounds once you get everything

So far it sounds amazing. Background details are much more pronounced, everything seems to have the warm feeling like the first time i heard a tube amp at Goodwins.

I've been listening all afternoon and unfortunately i need to go to the gym right now and can't take the tube amp with me to keep listening, but for sure it's going back in when I get home.

I think though with these little NHT bookshelf speakers I am going to need to integrate a small subwoofer of some sort...probably 8" just to pick it up on the bottom end. Not a big deal.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007

CLASSIC!!!

I'm glad you finally got it, don't forget to leave a very nice positive for the seller.

Just think how much better things will sound when you get a real source and then, of course, you can post in the 2 channel section. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    Congrats Mark. Glad it showed up and all is well undamaged and sounds good.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    CLASSIC!!!

I'm glad you finally got it, don't forget to leave a very nice positive for the seller.

Just think how much better things will sound when you get a real source and then, of course, you can post in the 2 channel section. :D

Just think of how much better things will sound when I get a real job, and a real house, with a real audio room to put my real source in when I buy it. :p

The budget is expired on this project for a little while.
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited November 2007
    I'm glad that thing showed up, looks like a slick amplifier.

I've learned not to trust FedEx around holidays. I had a box of flashlights for my collection coming around last Christmas. It was delayed forever, the web tracking gave conflicting stories, and when I actually called them up I got two people who each had their own entirely original description of what happened.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited November 2007
    I'm glad that everything worked out. Welcome to the world of glass.
    Now I'll have to go to the flea market and see how that other shipping mystery worked out.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    Thanks, I can't stop the music now.......
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2007
    Congrats Mark. Enjoy.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2