Week #11 NFL

13»

Comments

• markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited November 2007
    As big of a Bronco fan as I am, nothing was better than watching Shawn Merriman getting de-cleated by the fireplug Jones-Drew.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2007
    The Titans SUCK. I can't stand anything about that franchise and hope they lose EVERY game. I wish they would have stayed in Houston. They could have had Cutler coming out of Vandy but chose the "mobile" Vince Young. Nice payback Jay.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited November 2007
    Shack: Are you a bit angry about the draft pick? ;)

Me, I like my teams pick-up! (GO BRONCOS!!!)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    I am by no means a football expert, but IMO, the longer Alexander is out, the better. Morris just hits the hole harder. Its no coincidence, or luck, that the games with Morris in, have yielded better results.
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    I am by no means a football expert, but IMO, the longer Alexander is out, the better. Morris just hits the hole harder. Its no coincidence, or luck, that the games with Morris in, have yielded better results.

I agree to a point. They should never have put him in with that cast and expected him to carry it in his left hand. I was even shocked when Matt threw him the ball a few times and it bounced off the cast lol! Heck, he couldn’t even throw a stiff arm. I think once he gets that off he might have a chance for a comeback but you are right, Morris is playing well and should get more time :)

How about Weaver! Hot!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Shack: Are you a bit angry about the draft pick? ;)

Nope....I couldn't stand them from the day they arrived in town. Our company was one of their "official" sponsers and I had a chance to meet a few members of management. What a bunch of ****. They acted like they were the "Big City heros" come to save TN from their backward ways. 0-16 would be too good for them.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    You know, Demi, as much as NE fans may whine...in your case, pot, kettle, black.

As for a poor Dolphins team ruining a perfect season.....the 84-85 Dolphins were division champs, if not mistaken. The were, IIRC, like 13-3 or 12-4...something like that. They were beaten by the Pats who were two touchdown underdogs. Oh, and the Pats got waxed by 36 points. I don't remember anybody whining about the Bears running up the score.

Running up the score? Asked and answered. Another wrinkle to that is, if I were Bellichick...I would continue to air it out as well. The Pats running backs tend to be injury prone so why expose them to more injury just so another team can save face. But, basically, as has been said...it's pro-football. If I personally don't watch games to see a team kill time and take a knee just because the game is out of reach. Patronizing another team is just as embarassing, IMO. You know, I don't remember anybody ever whining about running up the score before this year. Perhaps the NFL ought to make a three touchdown rule or some ****. If you are up by 21 points, you have to start taking a knee. Horseshit.

This years Pats are a freak of nature. Unlikely that we will see another team in any uniform this dominant in another generation. The stars and planets just seemed to line up....so why not run with it? Any way you slice it, this is good for football. A divisive team will inspire people to watch either A. to see them win or B. hope someone can upset them. Either way, people have an opinon and it generates interest.

Lastly, you'd think listening to some, like Demi, that us Pats fans don't know what it's like to have a losing team. I've watched the Pats for over 30 years now and they SUCKED for a long, long time. Eventually, they will suck again...and I'll still be a fan. When YOUR team kicks thier ****, like the 85 Bears did, I'll be bummed for my team and I'll respect the right of the other team to kick thier ****.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2007
    Hey Troy, as soon as you see me starting threads with the intent of ripping your team, your comment about me whining may hold some water.

I was quite simply responding to the hypersensitive Patriot fan who got all bent out of shape as soon as someone even hinted that the average fan watching them play is ungodly boring.

Who brought up running up the score in this thread? BaggedLancer, a Pats fan. :rolleyes:

It's pretty amusing that, by and large, it's pretty much Pats fans defending the Pats....Yes, there are a lot of classless twits out there who don't understand sportsmanship and honor in sports, but that doesn't make it right when it happens.
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited November 2007
    End result is that too many fans are getting pissed at the Patriots dominating their teams in such a fashion. Snubs are bound to happen, people bitching about running up the score keeps happening, and Pats fans trying to justify commandant belichick reasons for going on 4th and 2 when you have triple the other teams score will continue to happen.

My observations: Belichick got caught trying to get an edge and pissed off most of the world. My guess is when they started questioning his achievements as by products of cheating, pretty much professional emasculation, he felt he had had to silence the rest of them. Is he making friends doing this? Hell no.

Fine, great. He made his point the first half of the season. What about now? I think now is all about him keeping his team in rhythm, and ironically protecting his running backs which he seems be losing left and right. As for going on 4th down when you're clearly going to win? I can only think he's making the statement that he's coaching the best team in history. They're on pace to break pretty much every record this season, and giving Brady one more chance to throw a touchdown every time a 4th down comes gives him one more chance to increment his total TD counter.

I think it's also worth mentioning that the only reason these games are such blow outs is because of their stellar defense. The Colts in 2004 when Peyton was going after his TD record certainly wracked up a large number of points: they had 10 games in the regular season with over 30 points scored in them. What made it kosher was that their defense couldn't shutdown the other team the same way the Patriots have this year. Still, that didn't stop them from ringing up scores such as 41-9, 41-10, 51-24,and 49-14.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited November 2007
    nevermind
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited November 2007
    I see nothing wrong with the Pats at all!
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • TroyD
    edited November 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Hey Troy, as soon as you see me starting threads with the intent of ripping your team, your comment about me whining may hold some water.

I'm just making the comment, just because YOU didn't start it doesn't mean YOU don't come off looking like a sour grapes whiner either. Your problem, Demi, is that you always believe you have a divine lock on being right....sometimes it comes off wrong is all.

Just food for thought.

BDT
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited November 2007
    Steelers lose to the JETS! WTF IS GOING ON!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited November 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Steelers lose to the JETS! WTF IS GOING ON!

YAY!!! hahaha always happy to see them lose especially to a crappy team like the Jets. :D
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • TroyD
    edited November 2007
    I agree, that was the big shock to me. If the Steelers are going to be the spoiler for the Pats.....this sorta throws a whole lotta doubt into the legitimacy of that line of thinking.

BDT