Week #11 NFL

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Discuss.

The kick by Dawson on the browns that hit the left upright then bounced off the support beam and back out....totally ridiculous and will never happen again while any of us are alive.

Dallas came close to blowing towards the end there.

How about everyone elses opinions?
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2007
    The Dallas game was ugly on a lot of plays, but a W is a W, period. Welcome to the TO show.

How about Green Bay, who'da thunk it?

New England continues to dominate so far, what does it take to stop them? Who can?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    Definately a strange week in the NFL. Didn't get to see green bay, but who would have thought the jets over the steelers? no way.

And yes, NE continues to dominate....long as brady/moss are healthy they are unstoppable.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    lol moss with 4 TD catches in the first half.......gooooo patriots....bring that score up in the high 60's and i'll be happy :D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2007
    I'll still take TO over Moss, just based on yards after catch.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    I love how they say patriots are piling them on now, it's only 42-7. Still plenty of room to go.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited November 2007
    I think I figured out why I don't like the Patriots. To me it just isn't fun to watch a contest when the outcome is never in question.

I like to watch games where I have the excitement of the contest itself, the close matches. Sure I like my team to win, sure it's heartbreaking sometimes when they don't in an important game, sometimes it's nerve-wrecking to watch, btu the excitement is waht I like. I'll take a game where my team wins by 3 over a game where they blow out the opponent everytime as long as it's exciting to watch.

When Indy beat NE last year in the AFC game, that was awesome. Sure I was nervous when the fell behind, but looking back on the game now it's more memorable, same thing when they did it to Chicago in the super bowl.

It's neat watching a team dominate the competition like NE, but to me they're just this big, lifeless machine. I mean, how do you root for someone when you already know they're gonna win, where's the excitement?
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    Discuss.

The kick by Dawson on the browns that hit the left upright then bounced off the support beam and back out....totally ridiculous and will never happen again while any of us are alive.

Wow, I just ate my own words, bills kicker just hit the same bar and it bounced back on the field!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited November 2007
    Wow, I just ate my own words, bills kicker just hit the same bar and it bounced back on the field!

Actually hit the camera.

There's been a few kicks I've seen just this year that have hit the crossbar, it's not THAT rare.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Actually hit the camera.

There's been a few kicks I've seen just this year that have hit the crossbar, it's not THAT rare.

Camera is on the pole behind the crossbar, that is rare to see. Same with the kick from the browns earlier today.....they hit the vertical pole, not the crossbar.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    New England continues to dominate so far, what does it take to stop them? Who can?

A coach with a camera on them!
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited November 2007
    That was the most bizzar thing I have seen in years. Good call by the officials.

RC whats going on? I logged in tonight to see if I gained any ground on you and you were a no show!
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited November 2007
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    I think I figured out why I don't like the Patriots. To me it just isn't fun to watch a contest when the outcome is never in question.

I like to watch games where I have the excitement of the contest itself, the close matches. Sure I like my team to win, sure it's heartbreaking sometimes when they don't in an important game, sometimes it's nerve-wrecking to watch, btu the excitement is waht I like. I'll take a game where my team wins by 3 over a game where they blow out the opponent everytime as long as it's exciting to watch.

When Indy beat NE last year in the AFC game, that was awesome. Sure I was nervous when the fell behind, but looking back on the game now it's more memorable, same thing when they did it to Chicago in the super bowl.

It's neat watching a team dominate the competition like NE, but to me they're just this big, lifeless machine. I mean, how do you root for someone when you already know they're gonna win, where's the excitement?

I understand where you're coming from, but honestly at this point I'm happy with 40+ points per game and undefeated on the season.

The Pats did almost lose the Indy game, it's not like they're completely unstoppable.
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited November 2007
    They still won, and with a record of 11-0...looks unstopable to me. 5 bucks and my left one says there isn't a team playing in the league today that can beat these bastages.
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited November 2007
    The Cowboys game was a fun one to watch for sure! But no matter how good either Washington or Dallas is doing that year, both teams seem to struggle with each other. It's rarely an outright win but always an interesting game to watch. Cowboys and Redskins...just like Cowboys and Indians! It's a big rivalry in the NFL and I love watchin the game!

As far as T.O. over Moss, I gotta agree with RuSsMaN. T.O. leads Mr. Ross is many categories in a single season, a single game and at a career level. Statistically, T.O. is the better player. Subjectively, it's a toss up.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    I love how they say patriots are piling them on now, it's only 42-7. Still plenty of room to go.

Let em say that crap all they want...when you are going for an undefeated season you dont want any that showed you squeeked by ( Like Indys win today ) ...you want domination to show. Sure a W is a W...but who wants those during an undefeated season to have games won barely by 3 points from a kicker . Belichick did the right thing and sat Brady in the 4th .
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • shadowofnight
    edited November 2007
    Jstas wrote: »
    As far as T.O. over Moss, I gotta agree with RuSsMaN. T.O. leads Mr. Ross is many categories in a single season, a single game and at a career level. Statistically, T.O. is the better player. Subjectively, it's a toss up.

One things not a toss up....no matter how PC they are both acting this year...I watched them enough years to know they are both ****.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    The big surprise for me was Pittsburgh losing to the Jets?? WTF was THAT all about? Seems to have been a lot of talk about the Steelers being the team to challenge the Pats....not if they play like THAT you don't.

NE is NOT unbeatable. Close but they DO have weaknesses. They aren't terribly effective running the ball. If a team could slow down the passing attack (easier said than done)...NE won't win games on the ground. Two, they are suspect against the run. I think it's entirely possible that a team that can take it up the middle and control the clock, could beat the Pats. As I see it, those are the two weaknesses that NE has.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    One things not a toss up....no matter how PC they are both acting this year...I watched them enough years to know they are both ****.

I'm not disagreeing however, in the case of Moss, so far in addition to taking a less-than-extraordinary salary...he's kept his mouth shut and has been toeing the company line. Does that mean that he has seen the light? Maybe not but so far, so good.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited November 2007
    One thing that's impressed me with Moss this year is his willingness to run routes over the middle.

Sure, that's his job when called upon, but there's a lot of receivers that balk at the idea doing that.
    If Moss goes across the middle, and touches the ball, he catches it even though he knows he's going to get whacked.
    Then he keeps his yapper shut.
    Sal Palooza
  • bobman1235
    edited November 2007

Here's some video so you can see it again :)
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited November 2007
    I still can't believe the Seahawks and Bears got bumped off primetime just so everyone could watch the Pariots beat on a bad Bills teams.
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited November 2007
    I still can't believe the Seahawks and Bears got bumped off primetime just so everyone could watch the Pariots beat on a bad Bills teams.

The Patriots are on route currently to break 4 single season records right now, as well as going undefeated for the second time in history.

1. Single Season Touchdown's thrown record: Tom Brady 38 - 49 (Set by Peyton Manning)
    2. Single Season Passer Rating record: Tom Brady 133.2 - 121.1 (Set by Peyton Manning)
    3. Single Season Completion Percentage Record: 73.96 - 70.55 (Set by Ken Anderson)
    4. Single Season Touchdown Reception record: Randy Moss 16 - 22 (Set by Jerry Rice)

The national interest, despite arguably boring blowouts, is pretty much as piqued as you can get. I must admit I would like to see more games like when they faced the colts though. Both Peyton and Brady have a chip on their shoulders when it comes to each other, both defenses are stellar, and it was a helluva game to watch. Come on Steelers, make it interesting!
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • shadowofnight
    edited November 2007
    Refefer wrote: »
    The Patriots are on route currently to break 4 single season records right now, as well as going undefeated for the second time in history.

1. Single Season Touchdown's thrown record: Tom Brady 38 - 49 (Set by Peyton Manning)
    2. Single Season Passer Rating record: Tom Brady 133.2 - 121.1 (Set by Peyton Manning)
    3. Single Season Completion Percentage Record: 73.96 - 70.55 (Set by Ken Anderson)
    4. Single Season Touchdown Reception record: Randy Moss 16 - 22 (Set by Jerry Rice)

The national interest, despite arguably boring blowouts, is pretty much as piqued as you can get. I must admit I would like to see more games like when they faced the colts though. Both Peyton and Brady have a chip on their shoulders when it comes to each other, both defenses are stellar, and it was a helluva game to watch. Come on Steelers, make it interesting!

Will be GLUED to the set for that game....even with their loss to the Jets...the Steelers could possibly be ( Even though I dont think so....I say they go undefeated ...but it will at least be entertaining to watch ) the fly in the ointment.

Brady just looks like he is doing crossword puzzles in the pocket...his offensive line deserves soooo much credit.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    I'm all for interesting games as well, but 4th quarter patriots put in Cassel with the 5th string running back(Eckels) and the bills were still unable to stop the running game.

When the other team lacks the ability to stop a mish mash offense like that you are gonna have blowouts.

Also, like the announcers said, the pats are a professional football team, they came to play the game and they certainly aren't going to take out their first stringers in the beginning of the 3rd quarter just to "play nice". They came to play and that is exactly what they are going. There were TWO 4th down conversions that the bills had a chance to stop the pats and get the ball back without them scoring any points, both times they failed and the pats went in for 2 more scores.

I do hope the steelers give the pats a run for their money so i can actually sit in front of my tv and watch the game rather than play on the computer listening to it in the background cause the score is 35-7 at the half.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2007
    Refefer wrote: »

Didn't a **** Dolphins team spoil the last proclaimed undefeated season? Sounds like a lot of premature ejaculation going on. Lets give them props for doing it when it actually happens, because I know none of the Pats fans will be around here admitting when/if they're wrong. ;)

They have upset written all over them. Expect the unexpected. It can happen, and the Colts proved there's a lot of mystique on top of the talent.

- President of The World vs The Patriots Organization
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited November 2007
    I really hope Moss doesn't catch Rice. I hate to see an asshat like Moss grab a record from someone like Rice. If Harrison were to be up for it, I'd accept it, but not someone like Moss or TO, just doesn't seem right.

Yeah I get it, everybody's saying the same thing about Moss and TO this year. They're great 'team players' and they've changed - that's because they're WINNING!. The same thing happened when Moss went to Oakland and TO first showed up in Philly, that they were changed men. But **** soon as their teams started losing, they started being themselves again. it's easy to be happy when you're winning, it takes character to stand up and be a leader when you're losing.

Moss and TO are asshats, and always will be until they prove otherwise. There's no denying their physical talent, but it sickens me when a record of someone like Rice falls to someone like this. I know football is not a personality contest, but I still have a good guy/bbad guy complex...
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2007
    I wouldn't worry about Moss. Like TO, they're not cancers when they're winning. The true character of any of these men is what they're like when they're losing. How they react in the face of adversity. You can look around the leaugue and find leaders, TO and Randy Moss aren't leaders. Phenomenal athletes, but that all gets turned off when they're not winning.
    I'm all for interesting games as well, but 4th quarter patriots put in Cassel with the 5th string running back(Eckels) and the bills were still unable to stop the running game.

When the other team lacks the ability to stop a mish mash offense like that you are gonna have blowouts.

Also, like the announcers said, the pats are a professional football team, they came to play the game and they certainly aren't going to take out their first stringers in the beginning of the 3rd quarter just to "play nice". They came to play and that is exactly what they are going. There were TWO 4th down conversions that the bills had a chance to stop the pats and get the ball back without them scoring any points, both times they failed and the pats went in for 2 more scores.

I do hope the steelers give the pats a run for their money so i can actually sit in front of my tv and watch the game rather than play on the computer listening to it in the background cause the score is 35-7 at the half.

Two 4th down conversions the Bills didn't stop? What was the score? That was all the controversy against the Redskins. What team goes for it on 4th down when they're up by 2-3 scores or more in the 2nd half? :confused: I watch all the Packer games, since they're my team. I have no illusions of grandeur when I watch that team, but I did watch a handfull of games where they were dishing out absolute **** whippings.

They punted on 4th downs when the game was clearly in hand and they pulled most of their starters.

I have a friend playing O-line for the Browns right now and another who is an ex-Eagle. It is considered disrespectfull to steamroll your opponnent by the other players who are on the field. Being beat is one thing. Rubbing their nose in it is another, and running it on 4th down with the game in hand is doing exactly that. Right or wrong, someone WILL attempt taking a cheap shot when they get an opportunity. It does happen.
  • bobman1235
    edited November 2007
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    I really hope Moss doesn't catch Rice. I hate to see an asshat like Moss grab a record from someone like Rice. If Harrison were to be up for it, I'd accept it, but not someone like Moss or TO, just doesn't seem right.

I'm a Pats fan, and love them running up the score (because this is PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL, not ballerina school), but I completely agree with the above sentiment. Even though I find Randy Moss awe-inspiring on the field, and am glad he is playing well for my team, I loathe him as a human being. Even last night, watching the introductions, when he said his name in the lineup, I just got angry at him for being such a **** and forcing me to tolerate his attitude just because he's a good football player. And I'd hate to see a seemingly classy, nice guy (Rice) supplanted in the record books by someone as unlikable as Moss (or TO, same person).

But seriously, get over the running up the score thing. I love how the same guys who complain about the wussification of America are here complaining about running up the score just because it's the hated Patriots doing it.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Two 4th down conversions the Bills didn't stop? What was the score? That was all the controversy against the Redskins. What team goes for it on 4th down when they're up by 2-3 scores or more in the 2nd half? :confused: I watch all the Packer games, since they're my team. I have no illusions of grandeur when I watch that team, but I did watch a handfull of games where they were dishing out absolute **** whippings.

They punted on 4th downs when the game was clearly in hand and they pulled most of their starters.

I have a friend playing O-line for the Browns right now and another who is an ex-Eagle. It is considered disrespectfull to steamroll your opponnent by the other players who are on the field. Being beat is one thing. Rubbing their nose in it is another, and running it on 4th down with the game in hand is doing exactly that. Right or wrong, someone WILL attempt taking a cheap shot when they get an opportunity. It does happen.

The reason for them converting the 4th downs was because the only option would have been to kick a 25 or less yard field goal, so they figured rather than "PILING ON MORE POINTS" they would give the bills a chance to shut them down and stop all the points. BOTH times the Bills failed the pats went in for the touchdown to add 2 more scores on the board(the 14 between 35 adn 49).

Some of you people fail to realize that these professional players get played to play 4 quarters of football, not be taken out at the beginning of the 2nd half. You can't just stop playing the game. They get paid millions to play, not sit on the sideline and watch the 3rd and 4th string have a scrimmage. If the score ends up 80-10 so be it, the losing team can try harder next time.

The pats made a great call both times going for it on 4th and giving the bills a chance to stop more points and try and make the game closer. It just so happens they failed.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, I thought I would tune into the Pats game about half over. Score, 42-10. Turned it right off. They look scary good right now.

Glad to see the Seahawks both win and play well against a decent team. Last week against the Niners was fun and all, but Chicago is clearly better than SF.