Priscilla Presley WTF?

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    How come snow is the hero?

I'm the one that said he wanted to knock boots with the 62 year old broad? :D

BDT

don't you get enough props for being in the Military?

selfish pr*ck........:D:p;)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007
    Cath,

gotta leav some blame for the fashion industry and there 90 lb waif models. I gotta believe a majority of men don't find that to be the ideal, but it does make it an ideal in ALOT of young women! creates many many problems that cannot be laid entirely at the feet of men, not that i dont get your point to a degree.

me, I like women more......how do you say........voluptuous/curvy, so when the ideal turns to the 90 lb 5'11" swizzle stick, I get REALLY pissed

I see models on runways and want to tie them down, then force them to drink nothing but eggnog and cannoli cream, but of course this would be wrong :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2007
    No I'm not way off Halo. All of what you said is true. But if you look at the top magazines & fashion designers, they are men in the big seat!

Women are making inroads in these areas, but the women who are now in charge are also now up in age themselves, who were influenced by the double standards of both yesterday & today.

As women age a good many of us DO get sensible & go for comfort rather than style.

Phantom, you are correct, we are sometimes our own worst enemies! And that internal problem is very hard to correct when it has been reinforced by others for years & years. It starts in high school & just gets worse over time. with both girls & boys contributing to the poor self image problem.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    Did any of you see the Devil in Prada?

I believe that was most likely a very accurate portrayal of the fashion industry. Talk about sad!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    snow wrote: »
    Just be yourself and be happy with who you are whether you are a man or woman and it will show, and others will be attracted by your own self confidence and selfworth.

REGARDS SNOW

Okay Cath here we go; I think my wife is the most beautiful sexy woman on the face of the planet. I find no need to be looking at other women. Now she knows this, I'm constantly telling her and showing her that, she still doesn't believe me! Is that her internal problem or is it that this awful man world caused her to feel that way about herself.

Again, I find no need to be looking at other women. However there are those occasional natural beauties that just take a guys breath away like Selma & Jessica Alba. Even an attribute that is a perfect attribute just takes a guys breath away . . . there is nothing wrong with looking at that and getting excited about it. It's hard wired into us. . . INCLUDING WOMEN, I've seen some of your comments on the "oh the joys" thread, c'mon Cath you are coming off as a man hater and I know you are not.

Snow my friend; society my ****. . . it's the fashion industry and TV, how many women really look like the models portrayed! They put the fantasy out there and we, men and women, fall for the facade. Every ad you see except for clothing ad are men with six packs and bulging biceps, lantern jaws, woman with the pouty lips, ample cleavage and rounded heineys. . . whoa I just got excited:D

Has anyone seen the latest barrage of bra ads, they have very valuptuous average looking women as models . . . I wonder who decided to do those ads like that a man or a woman. I'll bet my eye teeth it was a man.

Back to Priscilla; I showed my wife the pictures last night. I told her that the 3rd and 4th pictures were repugnant. She said that she though P looked best in picture three! I said, "she looks like a mannequin or a wax doll." Phyllisann the woman I've been telling is the most beautiful woman for years says, "I wish I looked like that." How about that!
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited November 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    And why do you think she is getting all this plastic surgery?? The comments in this thread are EXACTLY why!

You all hit middle age, but drool over some girl half your age, when you could have a mature, life experienced woman who can hold a decent conversation with you & can relate to things you know about since she has probably had some of the same issues. And she still wants to have sex!

When society & men in particular start to change their attitudes about women, looks & aging, then threads like this will be a thing of the past & women will have a much better outlook on their lives & bodies.

This is why women should not be President
    ...(yeah, I said it...lol)

Just kidding Cathy, dont get OFF Ended

I woman walks in a room with 10 guys. 8 of them are attracted to older mature women, 1 of them is ****, and 1 says he like young skinny girls. What does the woman think? I need to be young a skinny.

Every argument, ends with, "maybe if I were young and skinny, you would pay more attention to me". "You never say I'm pretty!!!" Just stop that...The reason he is not paying attention to her, is NOT because of her looks, trust me..... It goes much deeper than that.

I love my wife with all my heart, I think she is one of the most beautiful women in the world. I still cant figure out why most women are so insecure in their looks.

I have seen , with my wife and with my sister, that looks are compared to other women. And are to impress other women.

Sex???? Sex??? Do you realize how easy it is for a woman to get sex??? Ever tryed being a man? Women HAVE sex. Men have to luck out and GET sex.....

In short, women read WAY too deep into men. its more the other woman they want to impress than the man..
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited November 2007
    Did any of you see the Devil in Prada?

I believe that was most likely a very accurate portrayal of the fashion industry. Talk about sad!
    The Devil wears Prada has nothing on America's Next Top Model. ANTM gives you a better look into the fashion industry. They (the experts) constantly contradict themselves & IMHO they're all nuts.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007

Snow my friend; society my ****. . . it's the fashion industry and TV, how many women really look like the models portrayed! They put the fantasy out there and we, men and women, fall for the facade. Every ad you see except for clothing ad are men with six packs and bulging biceps, lantern jaws, woman with the pouty lips, ample cleavage and rounded heineys. . . whoa I just got excited:D
    Society may been a bad choice of words, but there is no doubt the media. television the fashion industry magazines radio etc have a huge infuence on how people men and women look dress even act.

In our society women more than men start to believe this is how they should look and feel compelled at all costs to achieve and maintain this image

Adolescent girls are especially affected by this. They want to look like whatever there heros look like and they are brainwashed into thinking this is how they should appear and act and most will never look like this no matter how many diets, how much exercise, how many tummy tucks breast implants bleached hair jobs etc later. And it carrys through later on in life also.

Brittney spears is a prime example of how the media treats people and how we as a society are effected by this, when she was younger and before she got married and had kids she was a star half the men in america (a guess here is all) lusted after her watching her twist her **** off on tv.

Now once she decided she was going to restart her career it was front page news all over the tv radio etc as to how fat she was how bad she looked and sang at the mtv awards, the grammys, or whatever show it was that she debuted her single at. The media treated her like crap.

Some of the same men that to coin a term Cathy used earlier that were drooling over her then started talking about how nasty she was and how bad she looks now etc, online

It is no wonder that some if not most women are affected by this behavior and feel that they are unattractive if they cant maintain this look. and that this is all most men want is some hot chick that meets this ideal of what the media has portayed.

I think in reality the truth lies somewhere in between for most guys as to what they want from a woman.

I know for myself personality is the single biggest factor in choosing someone. secondary would be intelligence. A common set of beliefs and goals would be third. Can she cook would be 4th. I like to eat :p beauty would be a distant 5th.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    You think that your wife is the most beautiful woman on the planet, but Jessica & Selma Alba can take your breath away. Does your wife know this little tidbit? & just how OLD are these women? Or are they more on the order of girls compared to your age & your wifes?

She knows you think the sun rises & sets on her command, but she also knows you are "hardwired" to drool after J & S Alba. And when they get too old you will find some other young things to drool over.

It is both an internal problem that she has had for years which continually gets reinforced through other women being critical of themselves & other women & by you being hardwired to drool over girls half your age. And by what todays culture says is how a woman should look in general.

It is perfectly natural for both men & women to take pleasure in a nice form. But one major difference between men & women is that usually once we find the LOVE of our lives we tend to internalize those fantasies while men still continue to externalize them to whomever will listen to them, including their wives!

A perfect example is how some of you once liked & thought that Rachel Ray was hot, but now this married middle age woman has put on a few pounds & so she is no longer hot. She still has the same personality, she is still a damn good cook, she is still a very pretty woman, but eh she's put on too much weight.:rolleyes:

Do I drool over the perfect bods in the Joys thread? HELL YES. But in my real world life, I want an imperfect middle age man who just might have a belly, & starting to bald. So long as we have life experiences & similiar attitudes about life in general in common & he knows how to treat me with respect & like a lady I would be happy.

And my days of drooling in the Joys thread would stop happening. I would never be able to get a man like that in my life & I think it would be the highest point of disrespect to my man to continue to view that thread.

I don't want some boy who hasn't figured out what he wants to do with his life or who hasn't really finished growing up. Or who hasn't been through a quarter of the things I been through so has no understanding of what I've been through.

I don't hate men Joe. Most of my friends are men, I have little patience for all the backstabbing & game playing that women tend to do. But I also am very skeptical of men in general because even though they say one thing, they show/say another thing when it comes to who they love but who they lust after. Nine out of ten times it is NOT their wives.
    Okay Cath here we go; I think my wife is the most beautiful sexy woman on the face of the planet. I find no need to be looking at other women. Now she knows this, I'm constantly telling her and showing her that, she still doesn't believe me! Is that her internal problem or is it that this awful man world caused her to feel that way about herself.

Again, I find no need to be looking at other women. However there are those occasional natural beauties that just take a guys breath away like Selma & Jessica Alba. Even an attribute that is a perfect attribute just takes a guys breath away . . . there is nothing wrong with looking at that and getting excited about it. It's hard wired into us. . . INCLUDING WOMEN, I've seen some of your comments on the "oh the joys" thread, c'mon Cath you are coming off as a man hater and I know you are not.

Has anyone seen the latest barrage of bra ads, they have very valuptuous average looking women as models . . . I wonder who decided to do those ads like that a man or a woman. I'll bet my eye teeth it was a man.

Back to Priscilla; I showed my wife the pictures last night. I told her that the 3rd and 4th pictures were repugnant. She said that she though P looked best in picture three! I said, "she looks like a mannequin or a wax doll." Phyllisann the woman I've been telling is the most beautiful woman for years says, "I wish I looked like that." How about that!
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    Wow Snow you & I are on such a similiar wave length that it is scary! You ROCK!
  • Music Joe
    Music Joe Posts: 459
    edited November 2007
    Dude, I'm surrounded 24/7 by about 2,000 dudes......and your point is?

BDT

ROFLx2, very good funny!
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    You think that your wife is the most beautiful woman on the planet, but Jessica & Selma Alba can take your breath away. Does your wife know this little tidbit? .
    Absolutely not!
    & just how OLD are these women? Or are they more on the order of girls compared to your age & your wifes?.

I think the age is irrelevent. It is just an observation and a reaction to them. Not many woman fall into that category. . . my wife does and always will no matter how the years affect her.
    She knows you think the sun rises & sets on her command, but she also knows you are "hardwired" to drool after J & S Alba. And when they get too old you will find some other young things to drool over.

She does indeed. I already addressed the hardwired. She knows that if she comments (something I would never do to her) on the looks of a man, like Billy Ray Cyrus, I don't get all insecure and jealous over it.

I don't look for woman to drool over and never said anything about drooling over anyone, it a reaction to natural beauties I was speaking of.
    It is both an internal problem that she has had for years which continually gets reinforced through other women being critical of themselves & other women

That is correct and you women really do a number on each other.
    & by you being hardwired to drool over girls half your age.

That is incorrect I don't drool or comment about Selma (who is not half my age) and Jessica (who probably is).

And by what todays culture says is how a woman should look in general.

I don't doubt some of that.
    It is perfectly natural for both men & women to take pleasure in a nice form. But one major difference between men & women is that usually once we find the LOVE of our lives we tend to internalize those fantasies while men still continue to externalize them to whomever will listen to them, including their wives! .

I resent that Cathy. I have been telling you and others here that Phyllisann is the love of my life. Why do you assume that men (me) have fantasies about other women? I don't for one minute believe that women don't fantasize about men, married or not. If you are referring to the guy talk on this forum which is the only time it really is okay for us men to act like adolescents again, well that is the way it is with guys married or not.

My mom used to tell my EX wife all the time after coming home from the beach; if he stopped looking he'd be dead. I was 24 at the time.
    A perfect example is how some of you once liked & thought that Rachel Ray was hot, but now this married middle age woman has put on a few pounds & so she is no longer hot. She still has the same personality, she is still a damn good cook, she is still a very pretty woman, but eh she's put on too much weight.:rolleyes:.

I'm not sure what to say about this.
    Do I drool over the perfect bods in the Joys thread? HELL YES. But in my real world life, I want an imperfect middle age man who just might have a belly, & starting to bald. So long as we have life experiences & similiar attitudes about life in general in common & he knows how to treat me with respect & like a lady I would be happy.

And my days of drooling in the Joys thread would stop happening. I would never be able to get a man like that in my life & I think it would be the highest point of disrespect to my man to continue to view that thread.

I'm not a frequent visitor to the tasteful babe thread because I know it would make Phyllisann feel uncomfortable if she saw me doing it so I stay out of it howeve every once in a while I'll get a PM or an email asking if I saw something there and you could bet your pumps I'm there in a flash. That is not a betrayal of my wife.
    I don't want some boy who hasn't figured out what he wants to do with his life or who hasn't really finished growing up. Or who hasn't been through a quarter of the things I been through so has no understanding of what I've been through.

I don't hate men Joe. Most of my friends are men, I have little patience for all the backstabbing & game playing that women tend to do. But I also am very skeptical of men in general because even though they say one thing, they show/say another thing when it comes to who they love but who they lust after. Nine out of ten times it is NOT their wives.

I didn't say you hate men. However, see again you are showing your contempt of men by the 9 out of 10 times comment.

I think I covered Big SNOW's comments here too!!!:D;)
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited November 2007
    cfrizz....with all due respect....

beauty comes from within
    confidence...comes from within

priscilla...had some real beauty, but messed it all up with her lack of confidence.
    don't blame men....we've been this way since the dawn of time...also, since then, a women of poise and stature always held a man's attention the longest. respect...young girls? yep, fun to look at and drool over. the a.d.d. kicks in;);)
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2007
    sda2mike wrote: »

beauty comes from within

priscilla...had some real beauty, but messed it all up with her lack of confidence.
    don't blame men....we've been this way since the dawn of time...also, since then, a women of poise and stature always held a man's attention the longest. respect...young girls? yep, fun to look at and drool over. the a.d.d. kicks in;);)

Ding Ding Ding We have a winner :)

"Beauty comes from within Confidence....comes from within"

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    Age is not irrelevant Joe. Jessica is 26 yrs old. I found a Selma Blair who is 35yrs old, but she isn't related to Jessica. But no middle age woman thinks that she can compete with a 26 yr old.

Guy talk is not just relegated to internet forums. I hear it all the time from middle aged married men at the job. I bet your wife does as well. That might be the way it is for guys Joe, but it has a very big impact on us.

Think about that the next time you are at work & this kind of talk comes up. Take a look around to see how many women are within hearing distance & how it might make them feel, especially if they are middle age.

I didn't say women didn't have fantasies, we do, but again it will only be talked about between a group of women in the privacy most likely of someones home with no men in sight or hearing! I wish men would be as tactful.

Basically Joe all this comes about with whatever a womans experiences were in HS & boys & other girls, compounded by tv, radio, & magazines all pushing the you only count if you are pencil thin, young & beautiful, compounded by all the trash talk that we hear at work & other places from men due to their hard wiring!

We know all about mens hard wiring we learn it at a very young age & that they do very little to keep it in check.

That's a hell of a lot of negative feedback to fight don't you think?
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    Yes it does Mike. However, that doesn't mean a hell of a lot if all that is focused on is the shell which gets walked past since the shell is considered to be too old!

sda2mike wrote: »

beauty comes from within

• disneyjoe7
    edited November 2007
    Cathy Love yourself, respect yourself, be yourself, and F*&k everyone else.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited November 2007
    Cat,

My wife works in (fashion) retail. 90% of the people she works with are female. If you think for one second I don't know how girls are when they get together....they can be as bad, if not worse, than men are in regards to "discussing" the opposite sex.

Instead of making it a battle of the sexes here why don't we just agree to acknowledging it as "human behavior". ;):)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    :D I do DJ! But it is also one of the reasons why I am still single! I don't play the games & I don't put up with the BS. Soon as I let a guy know I won't play his way he takes a walk.
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    Cathy Love yourself, respect yourself, be yourself, and F*&k everyone else.
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    :D I do DJ! But it is also one of the reasons why I am still single! I don't play the games & I don't put up with the BS. Soon as I let a guy know I won't play his way he takes a walk.

Ahhhhaaaaaa! Come on now girl it takes two giving 100 percent to make it work. Sometimes it's your way and sometimes it is his!!!! We are supposed to mellow with age like a fine wine or a nice caske of olive oil!;):D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    don't you get enough props for being in the Military?

selfish pr*ck........:D:p;)

I just want to people to know that I'm all sensitive and ****.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    We are supposed to mellow with age like a fine wine or a nice caske of olive oil
    Or rot and turn moldy like cheese or bread.:p:D:p

LMAOOOOOO

JK

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    Agreed!:D
    halo wrote: »
    Cat,

My wife works in (fashion) retail. 90% of the people she works with are female. If you think for one second I don't know how girls are when they get together....they can be as bad, if not worse, than men are in regards to "discussing" the opposite sex.

Instead of making it a battle of the sexes here why don't we just agree to acknowledging it as "human behavior". ;):)
  • disneyjoe7
    edited November 2007
    It's when you start rubbing each other with Olive oil do you start cooking ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I think they're more criticizing the ridiculousness of her plastic surgery than the natural aging process. It's tough to criticize someone for just getting old ; it's easy to criticize them for hiding from their age and making themselves look like a ridiculous cartoon in the process.

BINGO! read my first post...... it's not about aging gracefully or ungracefully. it's about modding your face/body so much a person looks rediculous to me.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    I just want to people to know that I'm all sensitive and ****.

BDT

WHere is the spot?:eek:
  • danger boy
    edited November 2007
    How come snow is the hero?

I'm the one that said he wanted to knock boots with the 62 year old broad? :D

BDT

and support hose :p:p:p
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Too funny.:D
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    It's when you start rubbing each other with Olive oil do you start cooking ;)
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited November 2007
    attachment.php?attachmentid=29246&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1195192828

Where is the Tin-Man?

Is she going to start singing: "If I only had a heart"
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • danger boy
    edited April 2008
    i had to revive this thread.. it's so horrific not to