No more HO HO HO

Comments

• SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited November 2007
    It's the only place I've ever witnessed parents so prepossessed with conviction of what is right, use child laden strollers to stop traffic in a crosswalk, because there is a sign in the crosswalk that says: "Massachusetts law, yield to pedestrians". A sad commentary on my neighbors.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    That is scary how they use their kids thinking that a car can stop on a dime. On a different not I witnessed in Philadelphia a couple of times where a "parent" and I really use that term loosly would wait until the car was right on top of her and push the coach out just enough to get clipped to get a law suit going. I kid you not. My wife and couldn't believe it and it happened several time right at the same intersection.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    Another ridiculous nightmare...you are one of 3 judges of a COSTUME contest at a Halloween party...the 3 of you unanimously pick the best costume ( He must have put a LOT of time and effort into that costume to have it be picked by all 3 judges ) and the highest ranking of the 3 will most likely lose her job ? http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071117/ap_on_go_ot/immigration_offensive_costume This **** has got to stop now....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    This is why I don't bother with the news anymore.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    PC at it's worst!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2007
    But by the same token SK, I remember being taught in driving school that the pedestrian had the right of way in the crosswalk & you HAD to stop to let them cross. It was reinforced 2 years agi when I took a refresher driver course. It is the law, but no one does it.

One thing I can say about Canada, you walk up to a corner wanting to cross & whether the light is green or red EVERYONE comes to a stop! I almost fainted with shock!

I come to a stop for them & the in a hurry aholes behind me start beeping at me! Just so that they can come to a stop at the light that is up the steet aways!:confused::rolleyes::(

It's the only place I've ever witnessed parents so prepossessed with conviction of what is right, use child laden strollers to stop traffic in a crosswalk, because there is a sign in the crosswalk that says: "Massachusetts law, yield to pedestrians". A sad commentary on my neighbors.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007
    HUH??? It's a Halloween costume for God's sake. What the hell is wrong with people?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    Politically Correct disease has been spread!^^^^^

It's a sick twisted lie of a religion that is causing such descent in this country and is responsible for the removal of so many rights that it is becoming epidemic. You can no longer say the truth, you can no longer have religious freedom or freedom of speech; it is all about making people feel good rather than taking responsibility and doing what is right.
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    I don't necessarily think the Ms. Meyers should lose her job for an employee's more than questionable costume especially if her record of doing it is good.

However, this person's costume would not have raised any concern if he had not made the mistake of changing the color of his skin & added the dreadlock wig. Nor would any fuss been made had a black man worn the costume & wig.

Last time I checked there were all races of people in prison not just blacks. And for a white man to portray such a person is just plain insensitive if not outright wrong. He could just as easily come in the same costume without the change to his skin & wig.

Like it or not, this is not on the same order of idiots being offended by Santa's ho ho hos. This is not about politcal correctness, this is about right & wrong & smacks of racism.

I seriously doubt any of you would walk up to a black person & call them the N word without expecting repercussions, well that idiots costume has drawn repercussions.

Again I don't think Ms Meyers should be held responisible for an employees bad decision. This is just others playing politics to get their way.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited November 2007
    Cambridge, MA banned the use of leafblowers :D

...AND ALL THE LEAVES ARE SUPPOSE TO DO WHAT???

Rake by hand...10 acres......wtf?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2007
    Politically Correct disease has been spread!^^^^^

It's a sick twisted lie of a religion that is causing such descent in this country and is responsible for the removal of so many rights that it is becoming epidemic. You can no longer say the truth, you can no longer have religious freedom or freedom of speech; it is all about making people feel good rather than taking responsibility and doing what is right.

Lol, you attacked me on a statement in the other thread and you know what, I just cant let this comment go:

Like I said, you guys won’t intimidate me or threaten me not to take issues when you make comments like this so:

Like I said before, don’t hide behind the term "PC" to hide your culturally bigoted, sexist, borderline racist and fundamental religious comments on the Polk forums. You and few of your buds keep hiding behind that term to continue to drop your fundemental religious crazy cracked opinions on this country. Hell, you posted an image in one of the other threads that in that threads context I would say could be called racist to.

I just don’t think you understand the term "PC”. My post here is a statement that is not "PC". Posting an image of Jackson and Sharpton (no matter how you feel about them) in the context of them being removed and world being better place is borderline racist on your part. But like I point out while defending against you, this is your pattern of behavior and continues unchecked here because you have a little pack of guys to back you up.

I fully understand that this will be construed as an "attack" but you know what, like I told you in PM... you leave me alone I will leave you alone and you continue to attack me around here with your buds so I guess its my turn ehh? Hell, you can’t even keep your word as a man.

No, I wont be responding to your arguments after this, there is nothing to argue lol. I fully expect it to be piled on by your buds.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • SKsolutions
    edited November 2007
    tonyb wrote: »
    ...AND ALL THE LEAVES ARE SUPPOSE TO DO WHAT???

Rake by hand...10 acres......wtf?

Rakes are on the outs too. It's been proven that rakes often bruise or tear the leaves. Since we all strive to prevent cruel treatment of non-living things, we are pushing for a bill that will introduce fair and equitable handling of "deciduous sheddings". We will require all sheddings to be picked up individually, by hand, between the hours of 10am and 2pm each day. When enacted, the city will begin hiring new enforcement officers to ensure everyones compliance. Those not handling "deciduous sheddings" properly and daily, will receive escalating fines for each offense. The fine amounts will be calculated by the new officers who will count each mishandled shedding and make an assessment of either $5 or $50 per shedding, based on his or her mood. The city will use the proceeds to provide more useless jobs for the underachieving relatives of those already firmly entrenched in other meaningless jobs, thus providing a steady employment cycle and a low unemployment rate.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • SKsolutions
    edited November 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    I don't necessarily think the Ms. Meyers should lose her job for an employee's more than questionable costume especially if her record of doing it is good.

However, this person's costume would not have raised any concern if he had not made the mistake of changing the color of his skin & added the dreadlock wig. Nor would any fuss been made had a black man worn the costume & wig.

Last time I checked there were all races of people in prison not just blacks. And for a white man to portray such a person is just plain insensitive if not outright wrong. He could just as easily come in the same costume without the change to his skin & wig.

Like it or not, this is not on the same order of idiots being offended by Santa's ho ho hos. This is not about politcal correctness, this is about right & wrong & smacks of racism.

I seriously doubt any of you would walk up to a black person & call them the N word without expecting repercussions, well that idiots costume has drawn repercussions.

Again I don't think Ms Meyers should be held responisible for an employees bad decision. This is just others playing politics to get their way.

Cfrizz,

While I agree with almost all of what you said, there is no way to know what kind of climate there was at the party. If you look at the irony there, it was voted most 'orginal', and he was supposed to be black. I would normally think it racist, but it may also have been an attempt at satire or statement for what is epidemic in any under-represented segment of America. For those that work for the good of others, I would give them the benefit of the doubt. I, am however, not a member of that specific segment. . . so I'd leave it to those that are to raise their voice.

I am glad she may not be hired though. Any closed-door Bush appointee and nepotistic favor hiring can't be good. Little to no experience, and they tried to install her into Homeland Security first? Wow.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited November 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    Lol, you attacked me on a statement in the other thread and you know what, I just cant let this comment go:

Like I said, you guys won’t intimidate me or threaten me not to take issues when you make comments like this so:

Like I said before, don’t hide behind the term "PC" to hide your culturally bigoted, sexist, borderline racist and fundamental religious comments on the Polk forums. You and few of your buds keep hiding behind that term to continue to drop your fundemental religious crazy cracked opinions on this country. Hell, you posted an image in one of the other threads that in that threads context I would say could be called racist to.

Silverti, don't you have anything of your own to say? You keep coming around insulting people for speaking their mind. Your only comments are to call people racist bigots, and when someone responds to you with a reasonable counterpoint all you do is laugh, act like you're smarter than everyone, and call them names, and then say you're not going to respond anymore. You're just baiting people, and you're 20x worse than those you're insulting, because you refuse to open your mind and realize that you're a slave to the propaganda machine that you so dutifully mimic. Case in point?
    Silverti wrote:

I just don’t think you understand the term "PC”. My post here is a statement that is not "PC". Posting an image of Jackson and Sharpton (no matter how you feel about them) in the context of them being removed and world being better place is borderline racist on your part.

The comic didn't say "make the world better", it said "remove racism." Why? Because those two are two of the biggest most blatant racists in the country. And anyone who actually was willing to open their eyes and think for themselves can see that.
    Silverti wrote:
    But like I point out while defending against you, this is your pattern of behavior and continues unchecked here because you have a little pack of guys to back you up.
    No, I wont be responding to your arguments after this, there is nothing to argue lol. I fully expect it to be piled on by your buds.

See? "There's nothing to argue." You "expect to be piled on." A group of people tries to counter your points, and you won't even listen to them, you just assume they're bullies with a personal agenda,a nd you're way smarter than everyone. You won't even listen to a point that is counter to your narrow view of the world and the people on this board.

There's lots of people in this world with your viewpoint, and in a lot of cases it's a valid way to look at the world, even if I and many others don't agree with it. You'd get a lot further into persuading people of your viewpoint if you knew how to have a rational conversation and not just act like a victim when you're the agressor.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    Silverti wrote: »

I just don’t think you understand the term "PC”. My post here is a statement that is not "PC". Posting an image of Jackson and Sharpton (no matter how you feel about them) in the context of them being removed and world being better place is borderline racist on your part. But like I point out while defending against you, this is your pattern of behavior and continues unchecked here because you have a little pack of guys to back you up.

I fully understand that this will be construed as an "attack" but you know what, like I told you in PM... you leave me alone I will leave you alone and you continue to attack me around here with your buds so I guess its my turn ehh? Hell, you can’t even keep your word as a man.

You are a useless pustule. As usual you make these outlandish accusations which are so rediculous that they are humorous, then you start your poor me routine about being ganged up on, then you take something I said or did, twist it around and . . .

. . . . . . . .then you cut and run!

First off why didn't you go after me about my "racist" cartoon in the thread I posted it . . . you know why; you hit like the Viet Cong and cut and run.

Read what the guys other than my "bud(s)" say, maybe you will see you are on the same course as ka7niq/ABX/Chris Tucker.

. . . and you dare attack my manhood, you are a sniveling coward of a 10 year old tattle tale who can't own up to any BS post you make.

I again challenge you;

You called me a hypocrite; quote the posts

You said I shove my "religious" beliefs down the forums throat; quote the posts

YOu can't. You make accusations and then cut and run to another thread cause you can't emotionally take the fallout from the previous thread you effed up in.

Go away little boy.
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    On second thought, Joe just put him on ignore. It's not worth it.
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    Agreed SK. I went back & reread the article. She sounds like another untried disaster waiting to happen like the guy who was in charge of the office when Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana!

And please tell me you are kidding about the leaves!!!:eek:WAAAAAAAAA!
    ...I am glad she may not be hired though. Any closed-door Bush appointee and nepotistic favor hiring can't be good. Little to no experience, and they tried to install her into Homeland Security first? Wow.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    You are a useless pustule. As usual you make these outlandish accusations which are so rediculous that they are humorous, then you start your poor me routine about being ganged up on, then you take something I said or did, twist it around and . . .

. . . . . . . .then you cut and run!

First off why didn't you go after me about my "racist" cartoon in the thread I posted it . . . you know why; you hit like the Viet Cong and cut and run.

Read what the guys other than my "bud(s)" say, maybe you will see you are on the same course as ka7niq/ABX/Chris Tucker.

. . . and you dare attack my manhood, you are a sniveling coward of a 10 year old tattle tale who can't own up to any BS post you make.

I again challenge you;

You called me a hypocrite; quote the posts

You said I shove my "religious" beliefs down the forums throat; quote the posts

YOu can't. You make accusations and then cut and run to another thread cause you can't emotionally take the fallout from the previous thread you effed up in.

Go away little boy.

pus·tule (pŭs'chōōl, pŭs'tyōōl) Pronunciation Key
    n.
    A small inflamed elevation of the skin that is filled with pus; a pimple.
    A small swelling similar to a blister or pimple.
    Something likened to an inflamed, pus-filled lesion

For those would were not capable of translating, like myself.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited November 2007
    Hey Cathy, if I was to dress as a woman for Halloween would you be offended and call me insensitive if I padded my bra and hips and wore a wig to look more like a woman or should I simply wear the dress as I normally am?

Sometmes, the PC culture we are headed toward makes it nearly impossible to know where to draw the line.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    On second thought, Joe just put him on ignore. It's not worth it.

He is on my ignore list Cath, problem is that I can read his nonsense when others quote him; if I don't unsubscribe from the threads I get an email with his rediculous rants. I'm not changing my forum habits for the likes of him. So I just keep on keepin on and enjoying the entertainment and watch him dig his hole deeper and deeper.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    What I fail to understand is that in general, if people feel they are being mistreated, and that laws are "racist' or "offensive" in nature, why do they stay here? No one is forcing people to stay in this country.....I'm sure Canada would accept them....or would they?

People like Jackson and Sharpton do nothing good for this country, they just waste taxpayers money and create news reports no one really wants to see.
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    Come on Dennis, you're not stupid. It had nothing to do with the fact that he dressed like a prisoner. It had to do with the fact the he colored his white skin to make it look like he was a black man & added a dredlock wig to boot.

Now unless you are going to tell me that the only people in prison are blacks & provide proof of it, your question to me is asinine.

I'm sick & tired of some of you trying to excuse wrong behavior as the rest of us being too politically correct!

Again if he had shown up in that costume with a different wig or his own hair & his own skin color there would not have been a problem!

Getting offended by Santa saying ho ho ho is being overly PC. Making the implication that only black people are criminals is racist! Especially if you are white & color your skin & wear a wig to look black.
    Hey Cathy, if I was to dress as a woman for Halloween would you be offended and call me insensitive if I padded my bra and hips and wore a wig to look more like a woman or should I simply wear the dress as I normally am?

Sometmes, the PC culture we are headed toward makes it nearly impossible to know where to draw the line.
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    Mark, I agree with you about Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton. They are themselves racist attention whores, and constantly trying to dig up trouble. And the vast majority of other black people think the same way as me about those two.

But by the same token, as far as this country has come with improving race relations, you cannot say that there still isn't a problem. Things like this take time to change.

There was a time when the laws were racists & offensive & if you studied any American history in school you know that this is a fact.

How dare you imply that I or any other minority as a born & raised American citizens should leave OUR country rather than fight to make things better!

I generally don't play the race card, that is not how I was raised. There are good & bad people of all colors & nationalities. I treat everyone with fairness & respect until they show that they should not be.

What I fail to understand is that in general, if people feel they are being mistreated, and that laws are "racist' or "offensive" in nature, why do they stay here? No one is forcing people to stay in this country.....I'm sure Canada would accept them....or would they?

People like Jackson and Sharpton do nothing good for this country, they just waste taxpayers money and create news reports no one really wants to see.
  • F1nut
    edited November 2007
    I had a friend dress up as a tampon for Halloween one year. He is black, so he used white makeup grease on his face. I didn't get offended. :)

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    I had a friend dress up as a tampon for Halloween one year. He is black, so he used white makeup grease on his face. I didn't get offended. :)

We needs pictures for proof or I'm calling BS on this one! :D

(kidding, pics would be cool, but that's a badass costume)
  • F1nut
    edited November 2007
    LOL.....no pics, too long ago, but I swear it's true. He even used this white cotton looking stuff at the top and a piece of thin rope. It was a riot.

My point is that people dress up as all kinds of stuff, but it's just that, dress up. Heck, some people dress up as bloody chainsaw murderers and other tasteless stuff, but it's all in fun.

We have no idea why the guy dressed up as he did and in fact, why the hell should anybody care!

President of Club Polk

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited November 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    At least he didn't use red makeup grease.........:p:p
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ^^^^
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited November 2007
    Sick puppies....the whole lot of ya!!:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP