Willow
Willow Posts: 10,994
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Post edited by Willow on

Comments

• thejck
    thejck Posts: 849
    edited November 2007
    offensive to woman.. that bull crap. there is no correlation between the word ho and **** other than what uneducated idiots think its so cook to use as a slang work.

there is a big freaking R out there that needs to be rolled to make it offensive.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited November 2007
    I heard that on the news this morning and I was and still am speechless *shakes head*. I honestly have nothing to say other than WTF is happening around the world.

It has to end soon or we all become like robots. I honestly just don't understand why things like the above are becoming so extreme. Anyone who would be offended by a Santa saying "ho, ho, ho" needs to see a shrink.

The new tag line is "ha, ha, ha". Now my ego is going to take offense because I think Santa is laughing at me. What's 5 year old Jimmy going to think? I'm suing Santa because he traumatized my 5 year old becuase he was laughing at him (ha,ha,ha)

Eff, political correctness and the hugely retarded backlash it creates.............that's right I said retarded, because it is.

H9

P.s. I guess I did have something to say!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    I guess home depot should stop selling garden hoes too.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited November 2007
    Nothing surprises me anymore. I'm beginning to understand why people build compounds in Montana.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited November 2007
    She slapped me a few months ago.....

all I said was, "damn baby, I wish I had a good hoe right now to plant my cucumber"
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited November 2007
    This is plain absurd, and people should stand up against it, and whoever had the idea should be raped.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    Ricardo, nobody deserves that. But I can't say the same about a good beating.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2007
    well, I suppose we need a new state name for I-da-ho.

RT1
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2007
    Ricardo & Face both ideas of yours are a bit extreme & offensive.

As for the topic, there will always be morons out there that will take things to the extreme.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • jakelm
    edited November 2007
    The big question...

What will he say?

Now in the cyber world, he could say..."lol, lol, lol"

....if he were real....
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited November 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Ricardo & Face both ideas of yours are a bit extreme & offensive.

I know, but I think prohibiting the HO HO HO's, Halloween, etc is also extreme and stupid.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    "Ha Ha Ha" sounds like they made some sort of cruel or sick joke towards the children....I'd much rather a Ho Ho Ho to my kids rather than them laughing at my children.

Then again, I don't have children and it really doesn't matter to me but I think if a Santa laughed at my niece or nephew I'd knock him out.
  • jakelm
    edited November 2007
    Im offended that they are offended. And I dont care if they are offended that Im offended about them being offended. But I hope it doesn't offend them that I am offended about them being offended about me being offended about them being offended.

oh, oh , oooooohhhhhhhhh, Merry Christmas.....
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    :eek:ROFLOL!!!:D
    "Ha Ha Ha" sounds like they made some sort of cruel or sick joke towards the children....I'd much rather a Ho Ho Ho to my kids rather than them laughing at my children.

Then again, I don't have children and it really doesn't matter to me but I think if a Santa laughed at my niece or nephew I'd knock him out.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    :eek:Jake, if I could reach through this screen I would slap you! I've already have a headache & you just made it worse!:eek::mad::p
    jakelm wrote: »
    Im offended that they are offended. And I dont care if they are offended that Im offended about them being offended. But I hope it doesn't offend them that I am offended about them being offended about me being offended about them being offended.

oh, oh , oooooohhhhhhhhh, Merry Christmas.....
  • jakelm
    edited November 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    :eek:Jake, if I could reach through this screen I would slap you! I've already have a headache & you just made it worse!:eek::mad::p

Did I offend you? Just trying not to step on an eggshell...:D

It getting harder and harder not to do...
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    Political correctness IS for retards ....of all the stupid things to cry about...he has been saying that even before I was born...all in jolly and jest.

I am surprised they still let kids sit on his lap....thats gotta be pushing it there too :rolleyes:

They make huge issues on things that shouldnt be issues at all...then things that should be HUGE issues...they let pass as normal now....an example here

Here I am surfing through my new HD channels on directv and notice they finally added music channels...I'm like right on ! Surfing VH1...CMT...all good...then throw on MTV...IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY when kids are home watching...there is no music on...just a stupid reality show that is showing women making out with other women and men doing the same with other men...I was like WTF is this crap doing on in the middle of the day when really young kids are watching ? Actually, it was a bit later in the afternoon so actually all kids of all age groups could be watching this trash.

It has been quite a few years since I had even watched MTV...basically when they stopped playing rock videos and went to basically rap and reality shows. How and the hell is it OK to play this when kids are watching and its not ok for santa to say ho ho ho ?

This huge downward spiral our society is on is gonna hit rock bottom really really soon....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • skipf
    skipf Posts: 694
    edited November 2007
    Well, he could say he he he.

No that would get the feminists panties in a bunch.

How bout who, who, who?

Nah, the PETA freaks would accuse ole Santa of picking on our feathered friends.

Hi, hi, hi?

The just say no folks would be in an uproar over that one.

Heh, heh, heh?

Too much like a dirty ole man.

I give up, just keep Yer mouth shut Santa.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2007
    OK, but I just tried singing Up on the House Top and "ha ha ha who wouldn't go" does not rhyme and won't work.

besides people are now looking at me very strangely.

RT1
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited November 2007
    That can't be a true story. Has society really become that idiotic?
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • jakelm
    edited November 2007
    I guess the elves will soon have to get alot taller too....

And the animal rights people WILL be checking up on the care of the Reindeer
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    It'll be more like Wa Wa Wa ...crying over how sad it was that this was thought to be offensive in the first place...
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2007
    Instead of :

"HO HO HO...MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

Santa will be saying:

"Hi...pleasant traditional, non-religious, secular, winter holiday to all who choose to participate" :rolleyes:
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited November 2007
    shack wrote: »
    "Hi...pleasant traditional, non-religious, secular, winter holiday to all who choose to participate" :rolleyes:

Why thank you Shack, what a well-thougth out and unoffensive greeting. I feel so warm inside.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited November 2007
    I am offended by the use of the term 'holiday' as it has religious derivitives and undertones.

:p
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2007
    I am offended by the use of the term 'holiday' as it has religious derivitives and undertones.

Well HO HO HO to you.....:D
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jakelm
    edited November 2007
    Instead of :

Santa will be saying:

That was a very Intellegent Design....
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    Ricardo wrote: »
    This is plain absurd, and people should stand up against it, and whoever had the idea should be raped.

I'm gonna puke!!! ^^^^using sand as a lubricant!:eek::D
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    jakelm wrote: »
    She slapped me a few months ago.....

all I said was, "damn baby, I wish I had a good hoe right now to plant my cucumber"

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA priceless!
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    Instead of :

Santa will be saying:

bobman1235 wrote: »
    Why thank you Shack, what a well-thougth out and unoffensive greeting. I feel so warm inside.

I can't breathe and my sides are splitting from this thread!!! Jakelm is killing me too.:D:D:D:D