Today has been one of the hardest days of my life

ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well my kids are leaving for Georgia, and their isn't much I can do about it. My X works for the Police department in the city she lives in, and really created some serious problems for the children, and I. I have meet some really nice cops through this ordeal, and some real jerks too. Bottom line is when I was younger I used to party hard. I was never a thief, or anything like that, but my X looks spotless on paper. I could try fighting her to keep the kids here, but that would not work for too long, and make the long term worse. I don't like it here anyways. I'm country, and this is just about as city as it gets. On top of all that my health is failing, and I can't keep up with the child support, and get my medical treatment. I am 37 now, and when I was 16 I contracted Hep C. Well the treatment involves Peg Interferon for a year straight. Its a tough thing to go through. My liver is starting to fail so I have to get it done now. I tried it once, and had to stop or the treatment was going to kill me. My platlit count dropped way down, and you can bleed out internally. One of the side effects is death. Seriously that is on the warning label for the meds. So I am letting the X take off with the kids to GA without a fight, and my mom, and I are looking at moving to be near the kids. My mom is an awesome person, and has been a great help through this whole mess. If you have read this far thanks. I am completely mentally, and emotionally shot out. I really need prayer for all my family. Even the X.
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    Wow, sorry to hear about your tough times! I wish you and your family the best of luck.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited November 2007
    You have my best wishes and support. However I can help Ben. Just let me know.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited November 2007
    Thanks. I am going to sign off. I have to try to get some sleep. The kids are still with me, and I may have a shot at going swimming with them this morning before their mom comes, and gets them.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited November 2007
    Sincerest condolences on your troubles. Good luck and hope it all works out for the best.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited November 2007
    Hope everything works out for the best.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited November 2007
    My sincere sympathies.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2007
    Boy, when it rains it pours. :( Sorry to hear about that.

I'll definitely be praying for you, your kids, your mom, and your x.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2007
    That **** sucks. You are in my thoughts.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007
    All the best, Ben. I know two folks who have gone thru that treatment, both made it thru ok. I pray you do too.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    Good luck and more importantly, I hope everything works out for the kids.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited November 2007
    Ben, best wishes and prayers for you, your kids, and yes, even your ex-wife.

Plug and chug, it WILL get better, if you let it.
    Sal Palooza
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2007
    Ben, best of luck with your treatments and the rough times you are going thru now.. take care of yourself and feel free to lean on us here whenever you need a pick me up chat.

AL
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited November 2007
    Prayers sent. Sorry for all the sorrow. Great Mom you have there and good luck.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited November 2007
    Praying for you and your family; hang in there.....and be positive.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited November 2007
    You & your whole family are in my prayers. Keep the faith & everything will work out for you.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited November 2007
    With you in heart and prayers Ben. Be strong for your kids and yourself.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited November 2007
    My prayers are with you also. I would encourage you to fight legally to keep the kids near you. The court will probably not allow her to move the kids away from you as that is not in the best interest of the children. Having them near would be a comfort to both you and your children - especially since you aren't feeling your best.

My advice... hire a lawyer ASAP. The kids need both parents near for as long as possible!
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited November 2007
    Hang in there ,Ben,,things seem to have a way of working out,,I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited November 2007
    Ben - best of luck to you and your family. You are in my prayers. If you need someone to talk to, you can always call.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2007
    Good luck friend.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2007
    Sorry to hear about that man.IF you still have my number, you can give me a call if you just wanna chat, and I can call you right back. I hope every thing works out in the end. If you can move closer to your girls do it, I don't know what I would do with out my boys, so I feel for you. Best of luck and wishes to your family. If you don't have my number any more, just drop me a pm. My wife also told me to tell you to check into clinical trials for you treatments @ clinicaltrials.gov heres a for link you. You can also search by location, or illness from the main page
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited November 2007
    Ben, good luck, keep your chin up and do what you can to get treatment and stay close to your kids. Check in from time to time if you can and let us know how things are going. You and your family are in my thoughts.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited November 2007
    Wow Ben hang in there. It will get better you have to keep the faith that is so. That is all that keeps me going. Take care of your health and get strong for them. Have you looked into alternative treatments?
    My prayers and thoughts are with you.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited November 2007
    Ouch, good luck man....
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    Best of luck Ben
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited November 2007
    Best of luck. My ex has mentioned moving out of state with our son. I would hate to do it but i would sell everything i had gear included to make it not happen.

P
    Life without music would
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2007
    Best of luck.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • kingkip
    kingkip Posts: 401
    edited November 2007
    Good luck bro.
    There are two ways to argue with women. Both of them are wrong.
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited November 2007
    Saying a prayer for you and your family.
  • MKZ
    MKZ Posts: 1,068
    edited November 2007
    Sorry to hear that. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Good Luck Ben!