07 civic tweater location

13»

Comments

• black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited November 2007
    hmm... My first instinct would probably be to try without the cap and see what happens. From what i've gathered your wiring looks like this...
    setup.png

is that right? Do you have a fused distribution block?
  • Manilaboy
    Manilaboy Posts: 49
    edited November 2007
    Nice diagram black magic ;) Eloplayspolo, what do you mean the 4-ch shuts down when you turn on the lights... it goes into protect mode or remote turn off?
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited November 2007
    its a monster distribution block, im not sure if its fused, its like this though.
    wiring-1.jpg
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • eloplayspolo
    edited November 2007
    also, with the lights on tonight when i was driving, they both shut off unless i was going 40mph + its gotta be a power problem.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • Manilaboy
    Manilaboy Posts: 49
    edited November 2007
    If the amps seem to be drawing more power than your alternator can provide, you might wanna try "restricting" the power flow to the amps by using slightly smaller power wires like guage 8 instead of guage 4. But that would also limit the amps from delivering their full potential, at least until you can upgrade your alternator. ;)
  • eloplayspolo
    edited November 2007
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • black magic
    edited November 2007
    A fused distribution block just means it has a fuse for each power output. I don't really know what problem you might be having, though. But my next step would be to try without the cap. Or try just powering up 1 amp at a time. Are there power lights on the amps? Do you know if they are on when you're driving under 40?

I'd re-read the amp manuals and make sure you didn't miss anything. You have 4-volt preouts with that hu, maybe your input type setting on the amp is on the "low" position if you have that option. I'm not sure if that would give you the problem you're having, though. But its worth checking. Good luck!
  • eloplayspolo
    edited November 2007
    u dont need to check, but its on high sensitivity input, they stay on, my cap has a sound option where it beeps if its at a low voltage or whatever they call it, but it does do the beep, when i had just the class D going it worked fine, i did get a little dimming lights on super hard hitting songs though.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • black magic
    edited November 2007
    Well, I gave you my suggestions. Maybe someone else might have something to add...