Comments

• BrettT1
    BrettT1 Posts: 560
    edited November 2007
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited November 2007
    BrettT1 wrote: »
    Hope your package wasn't on this truck!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ijscfdMLo

lol...
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2007
    So Jesse did you get your package?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    The real pain is it's sig required, so I have to be here otherwise it wouldn't be such a problem.

Yep, been there done that, now as soon as I find out it is sig required I call FedEx and make them hold the package so I can get it myself.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited November 2007
    I ordered a laptop from HP, manufactured and shipped from Shanghai, China with FedEx. It was sent on a Thursday, it made its way through customs in Alaska and was delivered at 10am on Monday morning. I was impressed.

I stayed home from work that day since all the delivery guys (UPS and FedEx) in my neighborhood drop the package at the door and run. Sometimes they'll take the extra 2 seconds to ring the doorbell as they run off.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited November 2007
    I called UPS one time and told them...

"Ok - I will not be home to accept this package, can you just leave it at the port and I'll pick it up tommorow...?"

The lady replies

"Sir, the package has to be attempted to deliver and returned before you can request a pick up..."

All I could say was --- "So, I'm telling you I won't be here, and in effort to save time, still want to deliver the unit when I won't be here..."

@_@

(Signature Required)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited November 2007
    BrettT1 wrote: »
    Hope your package wasn't on this truck!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ijscfdMLo
    I like the one w/ commentary better:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2hoAOpFBNsE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2hoAOpFBNsE&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007
    So, I left a couple of voice mails last night on a FedEx phone number that I'm not suppose to have asking to be called back, among other things. Morning comes, no return call. I call the lady again and she says that she didn't get my messages as she's not the one who checks them, which is kinda odd because it's her voice mail. Anyway, she says she'll call the driver and get back to me. Ok, 20 minutes later she calls back and says he should be here between noon and 3. She continues with, I'm sorry, but he's a new driver and that I don't know what happened yesterday, but you are right, you should have gotten your delivery. Funny thing, that's the same excuse they used back in August when I had a sig required delivery that didn't show up when it was suppose to. :rolleyes:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2007
    All I know is I order stuff and it shows up with no real problems from either FedEx or UPS. Typically I track FedEx knowing no one will be there to sign and as soon as they attempt delivery I go online and schedule to pick up at the terminal after 5:00PM on my way home from work.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited November 2007
    I have this mental image of Garth (From "Secondhand Lions") sitting on the front porch with a 12 gauge pump waiting for the delivery man. ;)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING, Mike.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's a funny movie.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2007
    Gimme that, now get the Fu(k outta here.

waaaaaaaaa

RT1
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited November 2007
    secondhandlions_04_lg.jpg

The lady on the phone said before 3. All I can say is "he better get a move on."
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited November 2007
    That is priceless.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • jephdood
    jephdood Posts: 1,671
    edited November 2007
    Sometime last year FedEx dropped a package at my door while I was at work, and in checking tracking I saw that it was "signed" by:

"F. Rontdoor"

Guess he didn't want to make another run to my house the following day. :)
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2007
    :D WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Now that's funny!!!:D

jephdood wrote: »
    Sometime last year FedEx dropped a package at my door while I was at work, and in checking tracking I saw that it was "signed" by:

"F. Rontdoor"

Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • buzzy_
    buzzy_ Posts: 4
    edited November 2007
    Apparently it varies by area, some people say it's OK. But since they subcontract it out, it's terrible some places. Sometimes my stuff arrives looking like it was kicked here, instead of driven.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    I always use the USPS. I've really not had any problems at all with them and they seem to have the best shipping prices.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited November 2007
    I hope it shows up!
    Carl

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007
    The lady on the phone said before 3. All I can say is "he better get a move on."
    Mike knows me all too well. Could be because that's him sitting next to me. :D

Anyway, the book got here at 1:30pm. It's an eye opener into the psyche of the PC mind set. They are very sick people, very sick.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2007
    jephdood wrote: »

"F. Rontdoor"

I don't get it. :p who is F. Rontdoor? your neighbor? please tell me.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited November 2007
    To whoever had problems with DHL you'll love this I ran into one.

You sort-of. . . . . brought a knife to a gun fight there
    -Ignorance is strength -