FedEx Home Delivery is WORTHLESS!

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 50,440
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Absolutely the most inept shipping company known to mankind. Their tracking info says, out for delivery, yet nothing and when you call to find out what's going on, they have all left for the day and it's only 5pm. In the meantime, I've wasted an entire day waiting. Eff them, the Colonel that sent them and the horse they are riding on.

Rant over.
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Post edited by F1nut on

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2007
    ROFLOL!!! Isn't it just grand the way they can jerk us around? I went through the same BS waiting for my prepro!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited November 2007
    I hate that also. But and only a small but, i believe they deliver til like 9-10pm or something absurd.

Here's to hoping you get your goods soon.

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2007
    Been using Fedex for years exclusively. Never an issue.

With FedEx 'home' a lot of the times the deliveries are made when people are home from work, ie after 5pm.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2007
    I agree never happy with FedEx Home, this is one side of a company which hurts their name.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    UPS is the worst for me. Other than damaged items, they always show in achorage then comes a knock on the door. Hell anchorage is 357 miles away or sometimes it will show seattle then knock knock on the door:confused:.

For whatever reason FEDEX has been right on the money as far as where there at for me. I think it depends on the local setup as to how accurate they are.

Good luck with your package Jesse.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited November 2007
    Have had problems with DHL, UPS and FedEx. But then again have had no issues with all of them as well. Go figure.

P
    Life without music would
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited November 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    Absolutely the most inept shipping company known to mankind. Their tracking info says, out for delivery, yet nothing and when you call to find out what's going on, they have all left for the day and it's only 5pm. In the meantime, I've wasted an entire day waiting. Eff them, the Colonel that sent them and the horse they are riding on.

Rant over.

Stop bitching and go buy that new Musical Fidelity gear! Better yet, go check out the Babe Thread and snap one off the carrot, you'll feel better! ;)
    No excuses!
  • F1nut
    edited November 2007
    With FedEx 'home' a lot of the times the deliveries are made when people are home from work, ie after 5pm.

That would be fine, but these have been out for delivery since 7:30am, it's now 7:30pm. I know that **** ain't working 12 straight.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited November 2007
    Alot of those "Home" guys are contractors and get paid by the package/delivery. I've had packages show up at 9:30 in the evening.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    edited November 2007
    Interesting, I wasn't aware of that.

The real pain is it's sig required, so I have to be here otherwise it wouldn't be such a problem.

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    That sucks Jesse! Did they straighten out the weight issue?
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited November 2007
    The real pain is it's sig required, so I have to be here otherwise it wouldn't be such a problem.

I understand that UPS will ship to a UPS "Store" and you can go to the "brown" store and sign for the package. They will hold the package for three days also. Seems like a good deal for people who can't be home or may be traveling. No extra charge for this service.

I see this advantageous for a claim if the package is banged up or you can hear something broken on the inside. You have the clerk at the store as a witness to document damages.
    Carl

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited November 2007
    Sorry Jesse. :( Hope it shows up tonight. :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2007
    Interesting, I wasn't aware of that.

Do you really need that mail order bride that quickly? ;)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited November 2007
    DHL dropped that amp showed you, right at my feet because it was to heavy...he said "this must weigh a hundred pounds"
    "I said no , it weighs 96"

then he dropped it !

when My SVS was supposed to be delivered, I had to wait 2 days because I kept missing the driver....I had to go down to UPS that night at 9pm to wait for the driver to return from his route, and slide it out of his truck into mine...

I hate waiting for these guy`s..

I feel your pain , bro....

mail order bride eh?!!

what`s her name ?

let me guess , her initials are Kw...! *
    you already have one of her cousins visiting , don`t ya ?!!

* MF Kw amp maybe ?
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2007
    Swmf 36-24-36
  • F1nut
    edited November 2007
    Actually it's a book titled, "Being PC Is For Wussies."

President of Club Polk

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited November 2007
    I hate that waiting all day to get nothing. Nevertheless, I'll take fedex over UPS any day. Never had a problem with them, plus they deliver Saturdays. With UPS too many times I've been waiting for something only to see a "shipping exception" saying that there was an address problem or somthing like that. B.S. they run out of time and make up whatever excuse and deliver the next day.
    Anyway, hope you get it.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited November 2007
    Im probally the only person the earth...

*knock on wood*

That has purchased/sold upwards of 60 things and not once have had any problems...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2007
    I've shipped literally thousands of packages from Sprint, when I was there, with zero claims. I've never understood what is happening to you people.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited November 2007
    Me either....

Maybe I am just really picky who I buy from...

And I package stuff to survive godzilla eating it...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    Actually it's a book titled, "Being PC Is For Wussies."

Sounds like good reading to me......
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited November 2007
    To whoever had problems with DHL you'll love this I ran into one.
    new.jpg 116.2K
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited November 2007
    Cry baby :D:D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited November 2007
    FedEx Home drivers aren't always employees and I only recently found out that it's a totally different world. You can't call CS and have them get a message to the drive to call the station with a general ETA because not all of the trucks are equiped with that type of system. Some are contractor owner/operators of the trucks they drive, so it just depends on what's gonna happen with them.........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    I've had minor problems with Fed Ex, UPS, and USPS. I prefer UPS since the driver lives down the block from me and always does the right thing.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    I've only had one issue with FedEx and generally prefer them to UPS.

My fedex guy never gets to my house before 7pm.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • jephdood
    jephdood Posts: 1,671
    edited November 2007
    I had a FedEx guy show up at my door at 9:30pm last week! Which, actually, I don't mind as long as I get my ****.

I DO like the fact that they deliver on Saturdays too.

Chances of damage, in my experience, has always been about equal across the board. They all like to drop-kick our packages to our front mats.
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,712
    edited November 2007
    I've received dozens of items through FedEx Home/Ground. Never a problem. I like them because they deliver on Saturdays. Most of the time, they drop off to me around 4-6pm. On the other hand, UPS never drops off to me until after 7pm.

I guess it all depends where you are on the delivery route. As far as safe package handling and damage, I've had problems with both, but FedEx has a better track record for me.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Been using Fedex for years exclusively. Never an issue.

you wanna bet on that one...........I hate fedex home delivery, must be a local thing here in GA., the driver will absoulutely not deliver after five, its been a PITA for me several times, I rate home delivery from FEDEX just barely above Paypal.

RT1