Old Truck v. New Truck Styling

13»

Comments

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited November 2007
    Don't you wish you could still sit IN the engine compartment and work on the 350 in your truck???

tn_med_100_1772.jpg

Original options plate in the glovebox... Dec 11th, '77

tn_med_100_1761.jpg
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    It's called a TOOLBOX. Big, chrome and diamond plated. NOT that cheap plastic crap they sell at Wallmart.

Actually, I prefer the matte finish but, yeah, a toobox. That's where you store your ****.

Pickups now are just another glaring example of the chickification of our society.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2007
    i love the looks of lifted trucks. i also love slammed trucks. anyone who argues the fact that a truck should be used as a truck should be shot at point-blank range with spit-wads. a person is free to do with their vehicle anything they want. whether it is practical or not. i sure do damn wish i could afford to lift my rig and still be able to fit in the garage.

i would love my truck to look just like this one. this is my exact truck with a lift and rims.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited November 2007
    Both new and old trucks have a lot to offer. You can't beat an old big block nestled between some huge frame rails. The boxyness of an older truck is what makes it beautiful, and the roundness of a new truck is what makes it great. But, I would never buy an older diesel because the technology has come so far. My 2000 Super Duty is not brand new by any means, but it is pretty.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2007
    Nice looking truck!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2007
    I loved my Quad Cab! Plenty of interior room is always a good thing if you use your truck for everything. If you just haul lumber in it or drive it back and forth to work, then there is no need.

And you can haul anything in a Quad Cab that you could a regular cab. The Dodge Ram Quad Cab had a 6 foot bed. The regular cab had a 6.5 foot bed.

Second, Trey how can you hate the Ram but love the Tundra? Where do you think Toyota got its styling cues?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,150
    edited November 2007
    BIZILL wrote: »
    ... anyone who argues the fact that a truck should be used as a truck should be shot at point-blank range with spit-wads. a person is free to do with their vehicle anything they want. whether it is practical or not. ...
    Well, opinions are free after all. I feel no urge to shoot anything at point blank range at anyone who disagrees with mine! When I'm not towing, I still prefer to get 24-30 mpg and 0-60 in 7 seconds with a 7 speed transmission instead of 12-15 mpg and 0-60 in whatever with a 3 speed transmission and OD ...
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,150
    edited November 2007
    zingo wrote: »
    ... The boxyness of an older truck is what makes it beautiful, and the roundness of a new truck is what makes it great. ...
    How about the roundness of nadams' 1953?! http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=726640&postcount=56
    Alea jacta est!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited November 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    believe me dude, were a frikkin minority. I'm a regular cab guy myself.
    I dunno man. I'm a regular cab guy.

The ONLY way I would get a crew cab is if I took long trips with a family I haven't gotten around to starting yet. But it would still have to be a long bed and if it's gonna be that big, a dually is a must! :D

Have any of you seen the new trend? A Donked out dually? I don't know what to think of those???
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited November 2007
    I like old and new. Rounded, square, retro. It dosen't matter.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • audiobliss
    edited November 2007
    Oh, I would LOVE to have a diesel dually!

Or better yet, a crew cab dually with a 454!!! One of Dad's friends has one of these....drool.gifIKON136e87a3c31b7799339bc8a7fabbc65.gif

Woooow, I can't find a picture of the truck I'm talking about on google. It's red with the black stripes down the side, crew cab, dually, 454. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about...I must just stink at using google...I know there have to be pictures out there!!

EDIT: Ok, similar to this truck...kinda...
    0302_2shows_04zoom1988_chevrolet_cr.jpg
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • treitz3
    edited November 2007
    BIZILL wrote: »
    anyone who argues the fact that a truck should be used as a truck should be shot at point-blank range with spit-wads. a person is free to do with their vehicle anything they want.
    So, from what you are saying.....I guess it would be OK to take a Corvette, install 36" SSwampers and take her off road? :p:D

It is funny to me sometimes how people will spend 60 grand+ on a truck, blow another 20G on accessories and the damn truck never sees dirt. Something is just wrong about that in my book. Now where I come from pigs and trucks are associated with dirt.

A buddy of mine has a '70 Chevy short bed customized with no rear bumper, dual exhaust, the Reese hitch behind the license plate [folds down], he has lowered it, put some appropriate rims [not bling-bling] and z rated tires on it with a very nice billet grill. Baby blue & lacquered. Now, I told you this because as a stock truck, IMO this was not the head turner. Now, I would trade him my truck in a heartbeat. Kinda Hybrid......Old truck w/ new truck styling. Best of both worlds.

.....and yes. His truck sees dirt. :D:p
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • audiobliss
    edited November 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    So, from what you are saying.....I guess it would be OK to take a Corvette, install 36" SSwampers and take her off road? :p:D
    Why not? That basic concept looks good to me! :D:D

1972-opel-gt-261.jpg
    main.jpg
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • capecodder
    capecodder Posts: 613
    edited November 2007
    Ya know what? I actually like that top one of the Opel GT! That is a sweet ride.
  • audiobliss
    edited November 2007
    Oh yeah! I read that it's actually street legal, too!
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • audiobliss
    edited November 2007
    I think I want this truck.

No telling how much it cost, though!

:D:D:D:D

badasschevy.jpg
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • treitz3
    edited November 2007
    That truck is just flat out Knarly!!:D :D Hell yeah, bro! :D
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited November 2007
    That looks more like a show truck than a user. I'll pass.
  • treitz3
    edited November 2007
    Soooooooooooo, it'll show that it can drive over your car? I get it! :p:D

BTW, notice the solid steel ONE piece front bumper. Why did they have to change that?

Notice the dirt! :p