What the hell is going on in America???

13»

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    Face wrote: »
    Tell your wife to bring a camera. :D

I gotta gain a hell of a lot more weight to pull that one off.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited November 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    Can’t we just go back to you calling me a "F-head" in pm's? Really dude, you’re not intimidating me.

Not kosher.............you already complained to Al (KAB) and brought it up in an inappropriate thread. Deal with it privately as it's a private exchange between you two. You will get no sympahty by running out in public and trying to furthur antagonize others to participate in your little spat.

It's so simple............ignore and don't respond, some people just never get that, 99.9% of the time it all goes away quickly. I don't want to hear about your private PM's, because I couldn't give a rats a$$.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    I would suspect that those are the people who you should be talking to about your schools. I hold steadfast to the constitution of the United States.

Nope I would not talk to the people who thought it was devil worship, I would take to the damned fool politically correct wusses who listen to the minority and force the minorities BS on mainstream Americans.
    Amendment I
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

You do realize that the first statement was so that the Federal Government COULD NOT make a state religion like the Church of England our forefathers were trying to avoid free themselves from. Not for the free expression of religion or the speaking of the word God on or around anything that is of the Federal government which is by the people and for the people. Besides we are not talking about religion here, we are talking of Halloween.

For a guy who seems to be enamored with political correctness you sure can quote our Constitution which is diametrically opposed to political correctness. Our constitution is truth.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited November 2007
    I always thought this was a democratic society where the majority rules.So why then do we keep changing the rules to accomadate the few??One kid is allergic to peanuts,the whole class can't bring anything to school with nuts.Go figure.Planters should sponser their own school for these kids.What say you?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    Political correctness and the whining tattle tails that support it have ruined this once great nation.
    Unfortunately we are also infected with this same PC BS.:(
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited November 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Not kosher.............you already complained to Al (KAB) and brought it up in an inappropriate thread. Deal with it privately as it's a private exchange between you two. You will get no sympahty by running out in public and trying to furthur antagonize others to participate in your little spat.

It's so simple............ignore and don't respond, some people just never get that, 99.9% of the time it all goes away quickly. I don't want to hear about your private PM's, because I couldn't give a rats a$$.

H9

F1 says "Political correctness and the whining tattle tails that support it have ruined this once great nation."

But wait, I find it interesting that you attack me... when he is the one that brought it out of PM right here in this thread for me to respond to. Why would you not say that to him first? Is there a hidden agenda here or did you just miss it?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007
    F1 says "Political correctness and the whining tattle tails that support it have ruined this once great nation."

But wait, I find it interesting that you attack me... when he is the one that brought it out of PM right here in this thread for me to respond to. Why would you not say that to him first? Is there a hidden agenda here or did you just miss it?

How soon they forget.

I think there’s a bit too much politically incorrectness that goes on in some areas like the clubhouse and it’s done by a lot of the old school group of guys.

Let me put it in layman's terms. You started it, not me. Now, if you'd like to continue this conversation via PM like I did originally, then by all means let's continue, but I am done posting about this on the forum.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    edited November 2007

First, I'm not attacking you, just giving my POV on taking a private matter and announcing publically in more than one place, nothing more nothing less. And no I didn't really think his comment was specifically directed right at you. If it was, it went over my head as I don't know the nature of the squabble.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Systems
    edited November 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    First, I'm not attacking you, just giving my POV on taking a private matter and announcing publically in more than one place, nothing more nothing less. And no I didn't really think his comment was specifically directed right at you. If it was, it went over my head as I don't know the nature of the squabble.

H9

Yup, I would post the dialog but wouldnt want to get called out on that, but it was a direct message to me, have no doubt about it, he brought it public right here.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited November 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    How soon they forget.

Let me put it in layman's terms. You started it, not me. Now, if you'd like to continue this conversation via PM like I did originally, then by all means let's continue, but I am done posting about this on the forum.

Post the whole message:

"Thanks KAB

I must say as a pretty new guy around here that these forums are great and I really like them. It has a tight nit community of people that I really like the feel of. But it’s also hard to break into it and I surly haven’t done well. I think there’s a bit too much politically incorrectness that goes on in some areas like the clubhouse and it’s done by a lot of the old school group of guys. I’ve had a feeling that if you respond then they group up on you a bit. But, I recently talked with a few of the guys and I think we got our differences out and worked it out behind the scenes. But even with that, the clubhouse is full of a lot of great stuff. Take it from a new guy, these forums are pretty damn good and the people are pretty damn good enthusiastic bunch of people."
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    What is the point in reposting this?
  • heiney9
    edited November 2007
    Yup, I would post the dialog but wouldnt want to get called out on that, but it was a direct message to me, have no doubt about it, he brought it public right here.

I should have added to my last post "and I don't care to know about it" :rolleyes:
  • Systems
    edited November 2007
    What is the point in reposting this?
    Why would I not respond to a person that cut a small snippet of a post I put up and spin it to make it sounds like it shouldn’t? I’m I to follow your rules for posting. Hardly so since you are the counter argument.

Let’s get back on topic, F1 brought out our PM's.. fine that over... Let’s get back to important things like the constitution and you "Hearingimpared" continued attempts to inflict your slanted point of view on the world on others like me.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    Let’s get back to important things like the constitution and you "Hearingimpared" continued attempts to inflict your slanted point of view on the world on others like me.

What the hell are you talking about?

The last time you made a statement close to that effect was when you called me a hypocrite and ran off and unsubscribed from that thread before showing any hypocricy.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited November 2007
    Silverti, shutup. Just shutup. Geeez-O-flip.

Some people's kid's........
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    Well this is what I think of their ban on Halloween! As a matter of fact I may go to the next PTA meeting like this.

At LEAST he put a towel down ......that was good thinking....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    tonyb wrote: »
    One kid is allergic to peanuts,the whole class can't bring anything to school with nuts.Go figure.Planters should sponser their own school for these kids.What say you?
    That's different. Some people are very allergic to peanuts. If someone in the same room or on the same airplane as them were to eat peanuts, it could cause them to swell up, if not worse. And if they by accident ate peanuts, they could go into anaphylactic shock and possibly die. That has nothing to do with being politically correct. It's sad that things have to be this way, but the amount of children with food allergies is going up at a alarming rate.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    Face wrote: »
    That's different. Some people are very allergic to peanuts. If someone in the same room or on the same airplane as them were to eat peanuts, it could cause them to swell up, if not worse. And if they by accident ate peanuts, they could go into anaphylactic shock and possibly die. That has nothing to do with being politically correct. It's sad that things have to be this way, but the amount of children with food allergies is going up at a alarming rate.

Yes but it would be the responsibility of the person with the allergy and if a child the parent's to protect their child from the peanuts, not an edict from the government banning the peanuts or school banning the peanuts.

If I knew there was a kid in my boy's classroom who was allergic to peanuts I would make sure to educate my boy on the serious health dangers that the nuts present to his classmate and let him know that it would be very considerate if he didn't eat peanuts around the kid with the allergies.