What the hell is going on in America???

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    Face wrote: »
    Well, I didn't want to mention pumpkins full of urine and nair bombs, but you just made me go there. :D

Hey I just gave out three dozen apples with razor blades in them!!! :D:D:D

For all you Politically Correct folks out there ^^^^^^^is a joke!;)
  • Barnestormer
    Barnestormer Posts: 27
    edited October 2007
    So I guess by that logic, the more secular, the higher celebrated?

Would that mean that Valentines Day wins 'cause its based on that greedy concept of capitolism? (Don't let my wife see this....) :eek:
    Eric 'Barnestormer' Barnes

Rollover Ratio - .5:2 :confused:
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited October 2007
    Very Sad stupid ****
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2007
    Someone build a great big boat.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    I forgot to mention; I didn't give out sugary, empty caloried food.

I gave out mini bags of pork rinds and pork skins!
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited October 2007
    I'm vegetarian...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    For the vegetarians, I handed out tofu balls injected with freshly grated wasabi!
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2007
    And how many did you eat Joe?
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited October 2007
    Funny thing, about 99% of the private religious schools celebrate Halloween. My parochial school has a great afternoon costume parade followed by classroom parties. Now tomorrow we'll have a special All Souls Day Mass.
    Maybe that will keep us out of Hell :D
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    My kids schools call it "fall festival" and allowed the 4th and 5th graders to dress up and such. Works perfectly, individuals can celebrate it how they want (or not celebrate). The holiday in the USA transcends anything related to it and is a social norm no matter how you celebrate it. My kids are dressed up right now and will be headed out soon. I get to answer the door :(

People are getting to extreme about it all, I do have family who won’t have anything to do with it because they believe its Satan worship (seriously). I personally see it as a time to celebrate fall and the harvest, my wife sees the religious aspect of it.

At least in America we are all allowed to celebrate it individually as we please!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    My kids are dressed up right now and will be headed out soon. I get to answer the door :(!

I'm in the same boat!!!:(

At least in America we are all allowed to celebrate it individually as we please!

The problem is that the kids in my boy's school were not allowed to celebrate it individually as we parents would have liked them to in this school district.

A minority saw to that.:mad:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited October 2007
    Thoughout time when a society has forgotten or forsaked it's past and the principles, values and traditions it was founded upon, it fails. This is an indisputable fact and you're watching it happen right now.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited October 2007
    People that don't dress up or celebrate/whatever because of it's 'originial' meaning crack me up. If you're not capable of having fun without freaking out because of people dressed up in fun (and sometimes scary) outfits/costumes, that's **** sad.....

If you think you're projecting Satan by dressing up somehow, then the problem is what's in your jacked up head.......GMAFB..........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited October 2007
    I would handwrite a note addressed to all teachers of the particular school for them to carry and turn in instead of the homework ....saying Jimmy/Susie was a little too busy last night enjoying himself trick or treating with the rest of the kids and parents in the neighborhood.

And if this "Missed " homework that was assigned to be done ON Halloween night to be turned in on Nov 1st negatively affected my childs grade whatsoever, that I would be meeting with them and the principal to rectumfry the situation. It wouldnt be the first time....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited October 2007

And if this "Missed " homework that was assigned to be done ON Halloween night to be turned in on Nov 1st negatively affected my childs grade whatsoever, that I would be meeting with them and the principal to rectumfry the situation. It wouldnt be the first time....

rectumfry ? Glad im not the principal at your kids school, that dont even sound like fun :D:p:D

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited October 2007
    Hahaha :D
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited October 2007
    I try to use the Halloween festival to barter the souls of my kids to Satan for an upgrade in candy treats; I feel it is a small sacrifice that they can make for my confectionary satisfaction.
    Sal Palooza
  • Systems
    edited October 2007
    I'm in the same boat!!!:(

The problem is that the kids in my boy's school were not allowed to celebrate it individually as we parents would have liked them to in this school district.

A minority saw to that.:mad:

Why do you need schools to be involved to celebrate anything any way you chose to celebrate it? Independent of religion, color, sex or society, majority or minority. I don’t need schools to do it for me. It is my job as a parent to pass the culture I want them to learn to them how I see it. Nobody in this entire country can train my kids better then I can my own crazy and slanted view of the world :)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited November 2007
    markmarc wrote: »
    Funny thing, about 99% of the private religious schools celebrate Halloween. My parochial school has a great afternoon costume parade followed by classroom parties. Now tomorrow we'll have a special All Souls Day Mass.
    Maybe that will keep us out of Hell :D

Scouts day lol... You know, Hallow's Eve was viewed as a Catholic thing, and that's one of the reasons puritans came here...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    Why do you need schools to be involved to celebrate anything any way you chose to celebrate it? Independent of religion, color, sex or society, majority or minority. I don’t need schools to do it for me. It is my job as a parent to pass the culture I want them to learn to them how I see it. Nobody in this entire country can train my kids better then I can my own crazy and slanted view of the world :)

This whole issue has completely flown over your head. I noticed that your kids had their "fall festival" mine had nothing because of some politically correct schmuck.

It's about a school district making a decision to take away something that had been a tradition since God knows when in this country and telling these kids, "NO you can't do this because someone here is offended by it." But when the kid looks around all the other school districts and the one he recently transfered from allows the innocent fun of wearing their costumes to school Halloween day.

The schools have been involved for years now all of a sudden one school district caved in to one politacally correct schmuck who has nothing better to do than to rain on children's parade forcing their politically correct **** down the kids thoats!!! Kids need to be kids!
  • Systems
    edited November 2007
    This whole issue has completely flown over your head. I noticed that your kids had their "fall festival" mine had nothing because of some politically correct schmuck.

It's about a school district making a decision to take away something that had been a tradition since God knows when in this country and telling these kids, "NO you can't do this because someone here is offended by it." But when the kid looks around all the other school districts and the one he recently transfered from allows the innocent fun of wearing their costumes to school Halloween day.

The schools have been involved for years now all of a sudden one school district caved in to one politacally correct schmuck who has nothing better to do than to rain on children's parade forcing their politically correct **** down the kids thoats!!! Kids need to be kids!

Perfect time for my example this morning.

Out of the blue... on the way out the door this morning my son said:

"Dad, why don’t some people celebrate Halloween"

I asked him why he was asking, he said

"We have some kids in my class yesterday who don’t celebrate it"

I asked him if they were being made fun of, he said

"Yes, there were some kids making fun of them"

I asked him if he was one of them, he said no. I then explained to him that not everyone in this country believe in the same things and that you should always respect other peoples cultures and beliefs. People like Uncle Nick and their kids because they believe it’s the work of Satan. I went into the detail of the Chinese new year. Billions of people in the world and millions in the USA celebrate it.

It would be a travesty if the celebration of the Chinese new year was forced upon your children in school and if they chose not to were ridiculed by the majority that did.

Theres nothing “PC” about that.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    Not celebrating a holiday because of Satan...I'm holding my tongue on this one. :rolleyes:
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    Perfect time for my example this morning.

Out of the blue... on the way out the door this morning my son said:

"Dad, why don’t some people celebrate Halloween"

I asked him why he was asking, he said

"We have some kids in my class yesterday who don’t celebrate it"

I asked him if they were being made fun of, he said

"Yes, there were some kids making fun of them"

I asked him if he was one of them, he said no. I then explained to him that not everyone in this country believe in the same things and that you should always respect other peoples cultures and beliefs. People like Uncle Nick and their kids because they believe it’s the work of Satan. I went into the detail of the Chinese new year. Billions of people in the world and millions in the USA celebrate it.

It would be a travesty if the celebration of the Chinese new year was forced upon your children in school and if they chose not to were ridiculed by the majority that did.

Theres nothing “PC” about that.

Apples and oranges with the Chinese for obvious reasons and quite frankly a rediculous analogy!

So you are telling me that it is okay for a school who has done up all the Halloween festivities for years to ban Halloween because a kid or two who don't participate in Halloween MAY be made fun of for not participating. That's as great a Politically Correct example as you can get!

BTW did you keep your children from participating in the fall festival because there are children who don't participate in fall festivals? If not why not?
  • F1nut
    edited November 2007
    Political correctness and the whining tattle tails that support it have ruined this once great nation.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Face
    edited November 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    Political correctness and the whining tattle tails that support it have ruined this once great nation.
    I couldn't agree more. We're raising a nation full of sissies.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Systems
    edited November 2007
    Apples and oranges with the Chinese for obvious reasons and quite frankly a rediculous analogy!

So you are telling me that it is okay for a school who has done up all the Halloween festivities for years to ban Halloween because a kid or two who don't participate in Halloween MAY be made fun of for not participating. That's as great a Politically Correct example as you can get!

BTW did you keep your children from participating in the fall festival because there are children who don't participate in fall festivals? If not why not?

Nope, I don’t think its ok to stop Halloween at all in your schools. If I were one of them parents who think Halloween is Satan worship I sure as heck would! I would suspect that those are the people who you should be talking to about your schools. I hold steadfast to the constitution of the United States.

Amendment I
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited November 2007
    F1nut wrote: »

Can’t we just go back to you calling me a "F-head" in pm's? Really dude, you’re not intimidating me.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • F1nut
    edited November 2007
    Can’t we just go back to you calling me a "F-head" in pm's? Really dude, you’re not intimidating me.

Like I explained to you via PM, they are private and as such should remain that way. However, if you are going to bring our conversations out in public and I say our conversations because you freely responded to my original PM and I, in turn, have responded to your subsequent PM's therefore making them conversations of free will with no intimidation, harassment or threats expressed nor implied, then the least you could do is to quote me correctly.

The fact that you think I'm trying to intimidate you speaks volumes about your state of mind. All I was doing was expressing my right to free speech and my opinion, which by all accounts from views you have expressed here, you support wholeheartly, except it would seem, when someone disagrees with you.

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    Well this is what I think of their ban on Halloween! As a matter of fact I may go to the next PTA meeting like this.
  • Face
    edited November 2007
    Well this is what I think of their ban on Halloween! As a matter of fact I may go to the next PTA meeting like this.
    Tell your wife to bring a camera. :D