I almost just got arrested at the Bank..!!

Comments

• MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited October 2007
    beardog03 wrote: »
    what is it with you guys in Indiana and Illinoise.....must be something in the water, inbreed, or just brest fed too long....

Calm down killer... If you're going to make remarks on people from ILLINOIS, please learn how to spell it first.

BTW, I sure hope you're not talking about me?
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited October 2007
    I think she just wanted to see my eyes !!

THe gaurd is fairly new , but he knows me..

The whole point is that he didn`t know that the girls were bustin my chops about the hat and glasses....which I did remove once I got to the counter....I just need to SEE my way to the counter

If he did push the button, the girls will tease him about it for a long time to come
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2007
    what is it with you guys in Indiana and Illinoise.....must be something in the water, inbreed, or just brest fed too long....

Gold Jerry,.....Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    The guy's just doing his job
    Driving right past 3 or 4 minivans IN FRONT OF THE DOOR IN THE FIRE LANE to tell the person FARTHEST AWAY FROM THE DOOR to move is doing his job?

Oh. I guess I didn't know what their job description was.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited October 2007
    It always kills me when I stop people for violations and they are like 'Yeah but I was just....." As if that makes it justified or excusable. As a cop , I think rent-a cops are a huge PITA but he was ust doing his job. why didn't he tell the others? Maybe he did before you got there. Maybe you were the first. Who knows?

But we digress...

Beardog that's quite a little adventure you had.:)
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • beardog03
    edited October 2007
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    Calm down killer... If you're going to make remarks on people from ILLINOIS, please learn how to spell it first.

BTW, I sure hope you're not talking about me?

naw mike, I love you bro...
    you never threatened to mace me !

just because you didn`t agree with my choices at the bank....or my spelling :rolleyes:

my bad fellas...I love Illinois
    (spelled wrong on purpose, but you didn`t get the noise part....again, my bad)

you too polka
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    :rolleyes: it's doing his job POORLY maybe, but yes, doing his job.

People discriminate against younger kids driving nice cars because htey act like the entitled asses you guys are acting like.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • beardog03
    edited October 2007
    wing...
    what makes it so funny is the gaurd didn`t know the girls were just busting my chops.....he had no sense of humor

I mean who stands in line and BS`s with the girls THAT HAVE KNOWN YOU FOR YEARS, if your gonna rob the joint ??!!!
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    It always kills me when I stop people for violations and they are like 'Yeah but I was just....." As if that makes it justified or excusable. As a cop , I think rent-a cops are a huge PITA but he was ust doing his job. why didn't he tell the others? Maybe he did before you got there. Maybe you were the first. Who knows?

But we digress...

Beardog that's quite a little adventure you had.:)

I suppose, but I can assure you the minivan convention started first, partly why I had to park so damn far away from the door. I knew full well I was breaking the law, I might as well have just parked directly in front of the door as well since the fire lane is all the same. But nope, I parked behind the convention and in the corner of the building.

I never disagreed with the "he was just doing his job" part. I disagree with how he went about doing his job, much like how beardogs security friend giant at the bank did his job poorly by potentially pushing that alarm. I'm willing to bet if the tellers know him as well as he says they do(which I have no doubt they do) they didn't push the easy button, leaving only the security guard to blame which is why my security guard story came up as well.

They either need to increase scenario training for rent-a-cops or just plain hire police officers. In both cases a police officer would have questioned Beardog before punching the alarm or ask him atleast to remove the hat/glasses and a police officer would not have discriminated and went directly for me in my car, he would have asked us all to move.
  • wingnut4772
    edited October 2007
    wing...
    what makes it so funny is the gaurd didn`t know the girls were just busting my chops.....he had no sense of humor

I mean who stands in line and BS`s with the girls THAT HAVE KNOWN YOU FOR YEARS, if your gonna rob the joint ??!!!

I can imagine I would be paranoid as hell if I worked as bank security. At least in Miami. One thing is for sure..I bet he will recognize you next time!:p
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• wingnut4772
    edited October 2007
    I suppose, but I can assure you the minivan convention started first, partly why I had to park so damn far away from the door. I knew full well I was breaking the law, I might as well have just parked directly in front of the door as well since the fire lane is all the same. But nope, I parked behind the convention and in the corner of the building.

I never disagreed with the "he was just doing his job" part. I disagree with how he went about doing his job, much like how beardogs security friend giant at the bank did his job poorly by potentially pushing that alarm. I'm willing to bet if the tellers know him as well as he says they do(which I have no doubt they do) they didn't push the easy button, leaving only the security guard to blame which is why my security guard story came up as well.

They either need to increase scenario training for rent-a-cops or just plain hire police officers. In both cases a police officer would have questioned Beardog before punching the alarm or ask him atleast to remove the hat/glasses and a police officer would not have discriminated and went directly for me in my car, he would have asked us all to move.

Yeah that's why they are a major PITA. They know absolutely nothing. I am afraid to admit that we blow them off a lot and usually not in a nice way just because they are so annoying! Maybe I should go see the Resident Evil movie as well for pennance.:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    :rolleyes: it's doing his job POORLY maybe, but yes, doing his job.

People discriminate against younger kids driving nice cars because htey act like the entitled asses you guys are acting like.

And the younger kids are going to continue acting like asses as long as they keep getting discriminated against.

Let me ask this, if that's your stance, why wouldn't the minivan moms be considered entitled asses?
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited October 2007
    What city you from beardog? Cause' in San Jose everybody is like how you describe the employees at your bank around here...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • bruss
    bruss Posts: 1,039
    edited October 2007
    Maybe managment lets the soccer moms slide so nobody gets killed loading the kids?

Maybe next time you say your waiting for your little brothers..

Its all about the spin. a good excuse to get out of anything is diarrhea.. First off its funny to see his face when you tell them your friend, who he saw go inside, in fact has a bad case of it.. Second you get to pin diarrhea on your friend. A win win if you ask me..
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Yeah that's why they are a major PITA. They know absolutely nothing. I am afraid to admit that we blow them off a lot and usually not in a nice way just because they are so annoying! Maybe I should go see the Resident Evil movie as well for pennance.:D

You woulnd't even make it through I'm guessing.
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited October 2007
    And the younger kids are going to continue acting like asses as long as they keep getting discriminated against.

Let me ask this, if that's your stance, why wouldn't the minivan moms be considered entitled asses?

Well idon have a car...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited October 2007
    naw mike, I love you bro...
    you never threatened to mace me !

just because you didn`t agree with my choices at the bank....or my spelling :rolleyes:

my bad fellas...I love Illinois

you too polka

Actually, I find the story quit humorous. Just don't get bent when someone is trying to do their job, you know you shouldn't of been doing it regardless.

I've lived in Cali for some time, I know how you guys pronounce IL.:rolleyes: Just giving you hell...
  • wingnut4772
    edited October 2007
    You woulnd't even make it through I'm guessing.

Well..there's Milla. But even that did not save Ultraviolet.:eek:
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    bruss wrote: »
    Maybe managment lets the soccer moms slide so nobody gets killed loading the kids?

Maybe next time you say your waiting for your little brothers..

Its all about the spin. a good excuse to get out of anything is diarrhea.. First off its funny to see his face when you tell them your friend, who he saw go inside, in fact has a bad case of it.. Second you get to pin diarrhea on your friend. A win win if you ask me..

I dunno about letting the moms slide so nobody gets killed loading the kids....

A fire lane is a fire lane.......illegal to park in by state and federal law....I can't imagine mall management allowing something like that to slide.

And the diarrhea thing is brilliant, that will be my next try.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Well..there's Milla. But even that did not save Ultraviolet.:eek:

and it did not save this. :eek:
  • beardog03
    edited October 2007
    What city you from beardog? Cause' in San Jose everybody is like how you describe the employees at your bank around here...

I live near Richmond...which aint no joke....that`s wht the SG wasn`t sure what to do...

he knows me....he just wasn`t sure if he was gonna get in trouble for not at least trying to do something...his job...

Like I said in the beginning...I was just being a smart ****..

not a very good idea in a bank.

like I said in the beginning..

The movie thing sounds like inflated ego on a parking lot cruiser though

I usually don`t act like a youngster, but I guess ya had to be there

I`ll bring flowers tomorrow and she`ll smile and give me the finger, and all will be good !!
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• bobman1235
    edited October 2007

Not worth the argument. But yeah, I'm more likely to side with the soccer mom in a minivan who actually is pressed for time and carting kids around than a kid in a luxury car who has the itme in his life to park and walk. Doesn't make either of you right, it just pushes things not in your favor.

Some schmoe rent-a-cop has to tell people to move, and he's not gonna tell everyone, so he's gonna pick and choose. You lose, sorry.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Not worth the argument. But yeah, I'm more likely to side with the soccer mom in a minivan who actually is pressed for time and carting kids around than a kid in a luxury car who has the itme in his life to park and walk. Doesn't make either of you right, it just pushes things not in your favor.

Some schmoe rent-a-cop has to tell people to move, and he's not gonna tell everyone, so he's gonna pick and choose. You lose, sorry.

Maybe so, but can't lose without a small fight. If the soccer mom can't walk to the get the kiddies then maybe the kiddies shouldn't have gone to the movies and they should be in bed listening to some SDA's or something.

Either way, the argument go both ways. In the end, we were all wrong, and yes I maybe have been being an ****, but rarely do I walk away with my tail between my legs. Remember I never said I wasn't wrong, just extremely disappointed in the choice the guard made.

oh, and as far as him not telling everyone, that is his job, remember? Everyone was saying how that's his job to tell people to move, therefore he should tell everyone.......

Oh well, you're right, it's not worth the argument, it's in the past, i got my tickets, i saw the move, it sucked, it's 2 hours of my life i can't get back.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2007
    Because all moms in minivans at the movies are in a hurry? BS.

If someone is going to discriminate against you because of the car you drive or how old you are, the person in the car has the same right to discriminate against you for being an idiot. Plain and simple.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • wingnut4772
    edited October 2007
    It's not right to discriminate. Everyone should have to move.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2007
    It's not right to discriminate. Everyone should have to move.

Evidently, its harder for some to understand this concept.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Beardog, next time go in dressed like a tree:

leafy-robberx-large.jpg

Rest of the story:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2007-07-08-leafy-robber_N.htm
  • beardog03
    edited October 2007
    first off...anybody that thinks they will get away with actually robbing a bank , should stop smokin the tree this idiot was wearing !!
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    first off...anybody that thinks they will get away with actually robbing a bank , should stop smokin the tree this idiot was wearing !!

I wasn't saying to rob the bank, i was saying to dress like a tree! rather than the sunglasses/hat thing you had going. :D
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Because all moms in minivans at the movies are in a hurry? BS.

If someone is going to discriminate against you because of the car you drive or how old you are, the person in the car has the same right to discriminate against you for being an idiot. Plain and simple.
    -Cody

Take a pill Cody. You weren't even there. I'm not trying to make excuses for anyone,you're all equally wrong, and regardless of why you get busted, you got busted doing something you knew you shouldn't do and should just suck it up. And I'm not a fan of rent-a-cops by any means, but it sounds like you guys are just being paranoid and using faux discrimination to justify your macho trip against authority. If some soccer mom got told to move,they would probably just say sorry and move, because they're not stupid or immature enough to think flipping off the guard adn peeling away will accomplish anything.