Banned Member?

Comments

• rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited October 2007
    ABX wrote: »
    What happened to KA7NIQ is in my opinion pretty scary.
    From what I read, KA7NIQ's mistake was getting on the wrong side of the click by daring to question the status quo.
    And while I do not agree with a lot of his rants, they were interesting.

I agree.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,685
    edited October 2007
    He's lumbered through a few forums (AA and AK, at least, probably some of the other hi-fi forums, too). He has a certain style. I was never too keen on it... but I must admit, I have not been as well behaved here as I tend to be elsewhere. Note to myself! :-)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2007
    You will be unsuccessful in suckering me into a battle like you did to KA7NIQ.

I don't think that I suckered anyone into anything, cochise. Nor am I starting anything here.

Again, the 'ignore' feature is your friend.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited October 2007
    I went back and read some of his posts and, from what I read, his posts weren't that bad.

I sure didn't read all of them, or even a majority of them, but they didn't seem too bad.

As long as his posts didn't fall into the basement (more suited for Bensbargains than Club Polk) and he wasn't threatening anyone, than I have to admit that, within reason, the loose cannon character can be pretty entertaining.

But than I'm the guy who thinks Eddie Haskell would make a good friend. :rolleyes:

Which brings me to this very important point:

What the heck is Jerry Mathers doing in this picture, with his hand in his pocket ?
    And what does he have in his hand ? An empty paper towel cardboard tube ?

Jerry Mathers.JPG

I'm sure #42's mom knows.

......ooops........sorry, I thought I was at bensbargains for a second. :o
    Sal Palooza
  • ABX
    ABX Posts: 109
    edited October 2007
    Post has nothing to do with what you are "allowed" to say and what you are "not allowed" to say. Having such a high post count often exposes people to what type of person you are. Somewhere in those thousands of posts people are able to build an online character of you and realize when you are kidding and when you are serious.

I am going to take a safe bet and say TroyD maybe have been upset or whatever, but definately didn't wish death on another member. F1Nut didn't make an outright remark calling CL35M an idiot or whatnot, everyone was getting fed up with the guess pushing of political agendas on the forum, something everyone knows is a no-no.

To come on the forum, and in a few weeks start irritating members the way he was, being serious the way he was(maybe he was kidding, but we don't know him from a hole in the wall), etc, will land you a ban I'm sure so no questions asked. This isn't like other forums where no one knows anyone and the most you know about someone is there username.....I am sorry but if that's what you are looking for you are in the wrong place.

We all try and help each other out when we can, giving away free stuff, advice, or just moral support if something went wrong outside of the audio world(death, fire, medical issues, injury, etc). That kind of stuff you don't find on a forum where people don't know each other.

Not much more to say on this issue, but he got what he deserved.
    I am new here, and only know what I have read.
    I do not know how long he got banned for, if he was warned, or did stuff that I am unaware of ?
    I have been both an administrator and moderator on other non audio related BBS.
    This is not a Lilly White Forum.
    From what I read, Flames, Insults, Name Calling and Vulgar Language abound here.
    I am sorry, but I find a very weak case for banning him, without also banning other violators.
    I see a fellow audiophile who got messed with for so long by so many he just snapped.
    That was his one mistake.
    He should have just shut the dam computer off.
  • ABX
    edited October 2007
    I went back and read some of his posts and, from what I read, his posts weren't that bad.

I sure didn't read all of them, or even a majority of them, but they didn't seem too bad.

As long as his posts didn't fall into the basement (more suited for Bensbargains than Club Polk) and he wasn't threatening anyone, than I have to admit that, within reason, the loose cannon character can be pretty entertaining.

But than I'm the guy who thinks Eddie Haskell would make a good friend. :rolleyes:

Which brings me to this very important point:

What the heck is Jerry Mathers doing in this picture, with his hand in his pocket ?
    And what does he have in his hand ? An empty paper towel cardboard tube ?

Jerry Mathers.JPG

I'm sure #42's mom knows.

......ooops........sorry, I thought I was at bensbargains for a second. :o
    Naw, he was an audiophile.
    He had a piece MIT Cable in his pocket
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited October 2007
    Does it really matter why this dude got the big ban?

I'm sure when we all signed up there's a clause somewhere that states the rules. Drop an F-bomb on a corporate site, and you'll be gone.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2007
    Sheesh ABX - you're now trying to become the problem you're worried about. Why don't you just come clean on why this bothers you so much, because I don't think we've gotten there yet :confused:

Other than that, stick around, participate, be respectful of others opinions and thoughts, read over your posts a couple of times to make sure you aren't being overly antagonistic, keep the attitude in check, and for the most part everybody here has a good time. If you do that, you don't have any worries.

Welcome to Club Polk!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2007
    This is not a Lilly White Forum.
    From what I read, Flames, Insults, Name Calling and Vulgar Language abound here.
    I am sorry, but I find a very weak case for banning him, without also banning other violators.
    I see a fellow audiophile who got messed with for so long by so many he just snapped.
    I'm certainly not going to get into this mess, and I've also certainly been on a lot rougher forums, but...I agree 100%.

HOWEVER, if he was known to instigate trouble on other forums, then it starts to make a little more sense. Someone who's already proved he likes making trouble shouldn't get as long a leash to try out before getting kicked.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited October 2007
    Rivrrat wrote: »
    Does it really matter why this dude got the big ban?

I'm sure when we all signed up there's a clause somewhere that states the rules. Drop an F-bomb on a corporate site, and you'll be gone.

Not true....Others have dropped the F-bomb on more then one occasion...this one from the same thread gone bad ....

" F1nut
    Polk Guru

Things that make you go, hmmmmmmm or as a good friend would say, "Get the **** outta here."

....Hell...Jesse even had it in his sig for a good while :) ( Recently changed ) ......but it was said or displayed in an ABSTRACT manner...not as a personal attack. So JUST dropping the F-bomb around here isn't what got him banned. We are all adults here...there is a difference in having it in there as a joke...and having it in there as a personal attack.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H5stXcnoYL4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H5stXcnoYL4&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Enjoy. NWS(Not Work Safe) Clearly, there are many ways to use the F word and it is a generally accepted word. So no, I don't think he got banned either for use of the F word.
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    Now that was truely funny :D

p.s. Sent that out as a mass email to all my contacts just now....
  • ABX
    edited October 2007
    dkg999 wrote: »
    Sheesh ABX - you're now trying to become the problem you're worried about. Why don't you just come clean on why this bothers you so much, because I don't think we've gotten there yet :confused:

Other than that, stick around, participate, be respectful of others opinions and thoughts, read over your posts a couple of times to make sure you aren't being overly antagonistic, keep the attitude in check, and for the most part everybody here has a good time. If you do that, you don't have any worries.

Welcome to Club Polk!
    I guess I just have a sense of fair play, that's all.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited October 2007
    Let's be real -- the rules don't apply equally to everyone around here. Nor should they. Seniority is valued here. The Polk Forum is no different than any other organization or group of people. Newbies need to be humble, stick around, get to know the folks here, participate. Newbies that come in and throw their weight around will get shot down. Ninety percent of the time they don't know a damn thing anyway, so the old heads have to protect the turf.

I've said a few dumb things over the years (still do, of course), and the fellas don't hesitate to set me straight. That's cool. I accept that. I stick around. Yes, sometimes the language is harsh and inapproapriate, and occasional misunderstandings occur. So what? That's what happens when you bring any group of people together. You can't control anyone's responses except your own. Focus on doing that and you'll be a respected forum member. We have a couple of **** among us, too, but we don't take them seriously.

Virtually all Polkies represent a bunch of words scribbled on your computer screen. You've never met most of them, so you can't possibly take anything we say personally. Relax. Focus on why you come here -- to learn about audio, and appreciate Polk for giving us the opportunity to do so.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited October 2007
    I like cherry pie.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    I like cherry pie.

I just ate a chicken pot pie.
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    And I'll eat my honeys pie later....
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2007
    people get banned from here for different reasons.. but it's usually for being a a-hole in their final posts. or threating people. or calling other member inexcusible (sp) names.

Polk and the mods here give us all a lot of room and freedom to talk about nearly everything under the sun. Few forums would ever stand for this kind of behavior.

I know i've probably said or posted things that were questionable in the past.. but I'm still here. mainly because i'm not an A-hole. well not most of the time anyways.

you don't have to be on your best behavior here, just show some respect, have fun, participate in discussions and learn something about audio, video and life in general.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • ABX
    edited October 2007
    Early B. wrote: »
    Let's be real -- the rules don't apply equally to everyone around here.
    And That says it all ......
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited October 2007
    That's BS. If I or any of the "senior" members spouted off what Special K posted in #86, we'd be gone too.

ABX, I see you're ignoring some friendly advice passed on to you. Let it be.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    I am new here, and only know what I have read.
    You are right, you are new here so stop your pontification and stirring up the pot and continue to reading!:rolleyes: You may have been a moderator or admin elsewhere but what I am seeing from you now is just a newb with a big mouth trying to lecture.

BTW your manipulation is very, very transparent.:rolleyes:
  • ABX
    edited October 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    people get banned from here for different reasons.. but it's usually for being a a-hole in their final posts. or threating people. or calling other member inexcusible (sp) names.

Polk and the mods here give us all a lot of room and freedom to talk about nearly everything under the sun. Few forums would ever stand for this kind of behavior.

I know i've probably said or posted things that were questionable in the past.. but I'm still here. mainly because i'm not an A-hole. well not most of the time anyways.

you don't have to be on your best behavior here, just show some respect, have fun, participate in discussions and learn something about audio, video and life in general.
    Do you know how long they banned the guy for, or if they gave him a warning first ?
    The reason I ask is this.
    I have been both an administrator and moderator on other BBS.
    We wanted frequent posters, and did our best to try and salvage someone.
    When threads got heated we would lock em down till things cooled off a bit.
    I have closed threads down before, making it almost pointless to fight..
    The only permanent ban we ever gave out was because someone went up side another posters head at a meeting.

We all felt it was pointless to attempt to ban someone permanately.
    We did try it, and here is what happened.
    The pissed off banned member re appeared under a different name and ISP.
    But this time, he also re appeared with his equally pissed off friends.
    The combination of this pissed off banned member and his friends created much more problems then simply giving him a time out for a weekend, to cool off and chill.

Do you know offhand how long they gave KA7NIQ to cool off ?
    Did the moderators lock the thread first in an attempt to get his attention?
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    ABX, joined 10/12. You don't happen to live in Tampa, do you?

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    This thread needs to die in a fire cause myself and other members can probably agree about this issue:
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »
    ABX, joined 10/12. You don't happen to live in Tampa, do you?

Actually, he does. ABX's ip and ka7niq's last ip addy both trace back to Verizon in Tampa.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ABX
    edited October 2007
    You are right, you are new here so stop your pontification and stirring up the pot and continue to reading!:rolleyes: You may have been a moderator or admin elsewhere but what I am seeing from you now is just a newb with a big mouth trying to lecture.

BTW your manipulation is very, very transparent.:rolleyes:
    Be nice
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Actually, he does. ABX's ip and ka7niq's last ip addy both trace back to Verizon in Tampa.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa Everyone is on to him and the guy doesn't know it. Very very funny.
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    Do you know how long they banned the guy for, or if they gave him a warning first ?
    The reason I ask is this.
    I have been both an administrator and moderator on other BBS.
    We wanted frequent posters, and did our best to try and salvage someone.
    When threads got heated we would lock em down till things cooled off a bit.
    I have closed threads down before, making it almost pointless to fight..
    The only permanent ban we ever gave out was because someone went up side another posters head at a meeting.

We all felt it was pointless to attempt to ban someone permanately.
    We did try it, and here is what happened.
    The pissed off banned member re appeared under a different name and ISP.
    But this time, he also re appeared with his equally pissed off friends.
    The combination of this pissed off banned member and his friends created much more problems then simply giving him a time out for a weekend, to cool off and chill.

Do you know offhand how long they gave KA7NIQ to cool off ?
    Did the moderators lock the thread first in an attempt to get his attention?

Kinda funny...the ONLY other person on this forum who writes extremely short sentances with periods at the end of them and spaces between the sentances was KA7NIQ ? Hmmmmmm..... example =

I have two pairs of amps with fans.
    One pair are Ashly FET 500's
    One pair are DVAudio amps.
    Both are well over 250 WPC into 8 ohms, and have fans.
    The Ashly's are quiet, and you really have to listen to hear fans.
    The DVAudio's sound like a helipcopter if you lean into the amps.
    I can see why F1NUT would suggest an amp w/o fans.

All things equal, heat sinks are better.
    But I paid very little for the 4 amps, so I just live with it.

My room is pretty good sized, and mostly I use the amps for subwoofer duty.

My experience with bridged amps tells me they do not sound as good generally for a given power level as a big, high current conventional amp.

My limiteed experience with the SRS 2's tells me they like a ton of current.

This is because there are 6 "motors" per side to drive.
    The more 'motors" there are, the more current is ate up.

It will be even worse with the larger SRS speakers.

Just for kicks, I put a receiver I own on the SRS 2's.

That lasted for about 4 songs, and it immediately came back out.

It was a big receiver too, a JVC RX DP 9.
    I also have a big Onkyo 919 THX I bought cheap from a local Pawnshop.

Haven't tried it yet because no remote

Is this not strange ? :D Please say it aint so...............
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2007
    Oh for crying out loud, if this guy's banning is so wrong to you & you think things are unfair here ABX...Please feel free to LEAVE!

No one is forcing you to stay here. All you are doing right now is drawing a big target on yourself for trying to cause further acrimony.

This is one of the better boards out here for good people who try to be helpful when you have questions.

So either let this go & move on to other topics on this board or just leave the forum altogether.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • ABX
    edited October 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Oh for crying out loud, if this guy's banning is so wrong to you & you think things are unfair here ABX...Please feel free to LEAVE!

No one is forcing you to stay here. All you are doing right now is drawing a big target on yourself for trying to cause further acrimony.

This is one of the better boards out here for good people who try to be helpful when you have questions.

So either let this go & move on to other topics on this board or just leave the forum altogether.
    I said what I wanted to say, thank you for listening.
This discussion has been closed.