Banned Member?

zingo
zingo Posts: 11,258
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
May I ask why KA7NIQ was banned? Not a friend or anything, but I have no idea from his post what could have caused this. (His last posts were a good read too)
Post edited by zingo on

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2007
    Sometimes attitude gets in the way of whatever else someone wants to communicate.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • ABX
    ABX Posts: 109
    edited October 2007
    zingo wrote: »
    May I ask why KA7NIQ was banned? Not a friend or anything, but I have no idea from his post what could have caused this. (His last posts were a good read too)
    I am new here, but used to lurk before registering.
    I have read a lot of the old threads.
    KA7NIQ was an interesting poster, with strong opinions.
    Controversial for sure, but definitely an audiophile like us.
    Hey, good question, why was he banned ?
    I will do a search through his old posts, see if I can find out ?
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2007
    Probably pissed in the wrong corner.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2007
    If he would of just pissed in the corner, no problemo!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • janmike
    edited October 2007
    It was a figure of speech.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2007
    I haven't gone back to the thread yet but I know a lot of the sheeple on this board were moronically trying to flame him and he was not responding in the most appropriate manner. Of course neither were the ones flaming him, but when it is 6+ against 1, you're going to ban the 1 and not the followers piling on. I think the only people, at the time, that were close to "nicely" disagreeing with hom were Troy and Trey. I'd guess that thread is what did it.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    If I had to guess it could be any of the following reasons:

1. He told Heiney9 to kiss his **** and it's probably safe to say you can't do that to any member

2. He told people to avoid him, he is who he is and this is "How he rolls/acts"

3. He yelled at TroyD for trolling, and told people they just wanted to pick a fight with him.

4. He said the Polk forum was out of control and needed better moderation.

5. After accusing TroyD of trolling, he proceeded to call him an idiot. 9,500 posts and almost 7 years on the forum, i don't idiot was the right word.....

6. Said Troy and Jesse were sending PM's to their "butt-buddies"

This is just for starters from a single thread on horns........so that's where I'm guessing he was banned from, just a wild guess tho....... :rolleyes:
  • janmike
    edited October 2007
    And that would more than do it. Good move.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    I left out quite a few details as well....and some other points, but I think I put enough to make a point.

This thread can die now.

Edit: Just thought I might share a picture of KA7NIQ's dog he was talking about
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2007

1. He told Heiney9 to kiss his **** and it's probably safe to say you can't do that to any member

3. He yelled at TroyD for trolling, and told people they just wanted to pick a fight with him.

5. After accusing TroyD of trolling, he proceeded to call him an idiot. 9,500 posts and almost 7 years on the forum, i don't idiot was the right word.....

This is just for starters from a single thread on horns........so that's where I'm guessing he was banned from, just a wild guess tho....... :rolleyes:

Oh, is that all? ;)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Oh, is that all? ;)

Like i said in a following post, I think i left out some details and maybe a few other issues, but I think what I posted will safely get you some premature red text under your username :p
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2007
    transient :confused: :rolleyes:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • ABX
    edited October 2007
    I have went back through most of his posts/threads.
    Seems he was not here for very long at all.
    He did make a lot of posts in his relatively short time here.
    I get a quite different picture of what happene to him.
    He was repeatedly flamed, insulted, and ridiculed.
    That he kept his cool as long as he did I find amazing.
    He was a Vintage Polk owner evidently, had nice things to say about Polk Cust Service too.
    He had his way of breaking in the new tweeters he bought from Polk for his speakers, tried to share it, and was ridiculed to no end.
    It looks to me like there was a posse of the same group of guys who followed him around from thread to thread mostly to ridicule him.
    In my opinion, they finally succeeded in finally getting him to loose his cool.
    A real shame too.
    He was quite interesting, and held his own against almost impossible odds.
    From reading his posts, he was one of us.
    A vintage Polk owner, trying to make his speakers better.
    He purchased two vintage Polk Speakers, and parts from Polk.
    I do not think he was here to make trouble at all.
    In a forum like this, where vulgar offensive signatures and personal insults abound, I can find little he did that is so wrong.

I am new here, and do not believe in wire and capacitor differences.
    I have been insulted more then once, and called an **** already.
    Well, the guy called me an asshat, but you get the idea.

What happened to KA7NIQ is in my opinion pretty scary.
    From what I read, KA7NIQ's mistake was getting on the wrong side of the click by daring to question the status quo.
    And while I do not agree with a lot of his rants, they were interesting.

Another poster poited out it was easier to ban one person then 6.
    I must ask WHERE were the moderators when KA7NIQ was taking so much abuse from the 6 in previous threads ?

In my opinion, from going back and reading KA7NIQ's old threads and posts, had the moderators stopped these 6 from insulting and ridiculing him long ago, he would still be here.

I am new here, but I can read old posts and threads.
    I can read between the lines too.

It looks like these 6 were better friends with whatever Moderator baned
    KA7NIQ then he was.
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited October 2007
    ABX, I like you. And I think the forum is made better by someone like you. I may not agree with your stance on speaker wire, but then again we probably don't agree politically either. The point is that being questioned, researching a topic and then forced to communciate a clear answer has always been a good way for me to learn. I'm sure this includes others as well. I think your status on this forum is more than safe.

The only issue that may get you in trouble is that you are a Michigan fan, but that's not your fault. It's more or less a birth defect.

But I digress, I appreciate your alternative points of view. You can only assist to make my own perspective stronger and more thought out.

Go Bucks.
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited October 2007
    I think the root problem was that he wasn't trying to just express himself, he enjoyed the friction with other members. Being a loud jerk for that long doesn't fly.

On the other hand, I think you do have a point. I've noticed the core group as a whole is quick to band together against folks who have differing opinions, especially ones are at odds with some current trends. Audio as a whole is a very subjective matter and I don't enjoy the attitude that often gets tossed around over semantics.
  • ABX
    edited October 2007

I guess whan you have 7,500 posts you can say stuff like this and not get banned ?
    "If you quit breathing just imagine all the oxygen that you could save us. - Troy D"

Or, this - You should live in a bubble. Just think, no mercury, no cars parked on the street, no whatever else has crawled up your anal **** this week. - F1Nut"

KA7NIQ did nothing I have read from his posts that had not been done repeatedly to him.
    From what I read. was a victim of selective enforcement.
    Seems like he stood up for his beliefs, and was silenced for it.
    I disagree with him about a lot of things like speaker break in, sound of capacitors and amplifiers, etc.
    Speakers do not break in, nor is there any sound of capacitors, wires, etc.
    ABX testing has proven that.

But to silence a dissenting voice is in my opinion, a dark day for us all.
    Who is to say YOU are not next if you piss off the same posse he did.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    John in MA wrote: »
    I think the root problem was that he wasn't trying to just express himself, he enjoyed the friction with other members. Being a loud jerk for that long doesn't fly.

Exactly.

It doesn't matter what anyones opinion of the situation is. This is Polk's forum, being a member is a privilege, not a right.

Now, go listen to music on the hifi.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited October 2007
    ABX wrote: »

I am new here, and do not believe in wire and capacitor differences.
    I have been insulted more then once, and called an **** already.
    Well, the guy called me an asshat, but you get the idea.

I said it with a smile:p
    and I used to agree with your opinions on wires, and caps. Thats why I had to pick on you;) But with an open mind I figured I would try out some different IC's. I bought some used PBJ's, and the a fellow Polkie came over with some Encore II's, and there has been no looking back. If you lived near by I would love to show the differences between wires on my system. Maybe a fellow Polkie in your area with a nice system would be willing to demo the differences.
    BTW I never welcomed you to Club Polk
    welcome to Club Polk:)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited October 2007
    Strong opinion should have absolutely nothing to do with a ban....I say whats on my mind as do most of the other members here. I believe he crossed the line when I saw some quotes from him that used very strong language in regards to another member...THAT should have been a good enough reason for the ban ( Not lifetime...just a cooling off period ban. ) If re-instated and another outburst ..then no more chances.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited October 2007
    Sometimes being a self-anointed expert just rubs people wrong. Most on here don't brag about how much their gear costs, who they "know" or have "worked with" in the world of audio, and as this is a place to hang out, they certainly don't want to butt heads with someone that uses those tactics. The term "elitist" comes to mind, & this grows old quickly..............

A new found love for SDAs doesn't make you a Polk expert either, since most of what makes the SDAs special is far removed from normal speaker technology.

I've found that vast knowledge about all things audio, is only helpful when shared in small doses and more importantly, when someone asks for it.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    ABX wrote: »
    I guess whan you have 7,500 posts you can say stuff like this and not get banned ?
    "If you quit breathing just imagine all the oxygen that you could save us. - Troy D"

Or, this - You should live in a bubble. Just think, no mercury, no cars parked on the street, no whatever else has crawled up your anal **** this week. - F1Nut"

KA7NIQ did nothing I have read from his posts that had not been done repeatedly to him.
    From what I read. was a victim of selective enforcement.
    Seems like he stood up for his beliefs, and was silenced for it.
    I disagree with him about a lot of things like speaker break in, sound of capacitors and amplifiers, etc.
    Speakers do not break in, nor is there any sound of capacitors, wires, etc.
    ABX testing has proven that.

But to silence a dissenting voice is in my opinion, a dark day for us all.
    Who is to say YOU are not next if you piss off the same posse he did.

Post has nothing to do with what you are "allowed" to say and what you are "not allowed" to say. Having such a high post count often exposes people to what type of person you are. Somewhere in those thousands of posts people are able to build an online character of you and realize when you are kidding and when you are serious.

I am going to take a safe bet and say TroyD maybe have been upset or whatever, but definately didn't wish death on another member. F1Nut didn't make an outright remark calling CL35M an idiot or whatnot, everyone was getting fed up with the guess pushing of political agendas on the forum, something everyone knows is a no-no.

To come on the forum, and in a few weeks start irritating members the way he was, being serious the way he was(maybe he was kidding, but we don't know him from a hole in the wall), etc, will land you a ban I'm sure so no questions asked. This isn't like other forums where no one knows anyone and the most you know about someone is there username.....I am sorry but if that's what you are looking for you are in the wrong place.

We all try and help each other out when we can, giving away free stuff, advice, or just moral support if something went wrong outside of the audio world(death, fire, medical issues, injury, etc). That kind of stuff you don't find on a forum where people don't know each other.

Not much more to say on this issue, but he got what he deserved.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited October 2007
    zingo
    Polkateer

Fellow HAM, eh?

Zingo/ABX, post #86, http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57271&page=3
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2007
    Huh?

How did I get called out here?

ABX,

If you don't like my posts, I urge you to use the ignore feature. It works like a charm.

Honestly? I don't give a rats **** what anyone believes nor do I think everyone should agree with me. WTF is this 'click' thing? You think I don't have anything better to do than gang up on people just for **** and giggles? Pfffffffffffft. Whatever.

For the record, I've never PM'd anyone for that sort of thing nor have I advocated anyone getting the boot. Special K, IMHO, was given the heave-ho because his primary goal was to incite controversy....and this ain't the first forum he's done it on.

As to the quote about CL35 taking up oxygen.....if you honestly think that I was threatening him as opposed to making a sarcastic remark about his abject absurdity, you are off the mark and I won't speculate the reasons why.

Again, the people who run into trouble here are folks who invite the controversy upon themselves because they thrive on the controversy. It has little to do with thier opinions.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • TroyD
    edited October 2007
    BTW,

Anyone besides me see the similarity between ABX's posts and SpecK's? Both of them are formatted VERY similar.

Coincidence?

BDT
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    I thought it looks like suck2beme
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    sucks2beme is Keith, a Dallas area Polkie that is a solid as they come.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, Keith is a good dude.

Maybe it's just me but it's all a little too coincidental.

BDT
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    sucks2beme is Keith, a Dallas area Polkie that is a solid as they come.

Oh i didnt mean the two were the same person, I was just referring to text formatting :)
  • ABX
    edited October 2007
    Troy D wrote: »
    Huh?

How did I get called out here?

ABX,

If you don't like my posts, I urge you to use the ignore feature. It works like a charm.

Honestly? I don't give a rats **** what anyone believes nor do I think everyone should agree with me. WTF is this 'click' thing? You think I don't have anything better to do than gang up on people just for **** and giggles? Pfffffffffffft. Whatever.

For the record, I've never Pmid anyone for that sort of thing nor have I advocated anyone getting the boot. Special K, IMHO, was given the heave-ho because his primary goal was to incite controversy....and this ain't the first forum he's done it on.

As to the quote about CL35 taking up oxygen.....if you honestly think that I was threatening him as opposed to making a sarcastic remark about his abject absurdity, you are off the mark and I won't speculate the reasons why.

Again, the people who run into trouble here are folks who invite the controversy upon themselves because they thrive on the controversy. It has little to do with their opinions.

BDT
    You will be unsuccessful in suckering me into a battle like you did to KA7NIQ.
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited October 2007
    FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh . . . give me a break nobody cares about you. They're are talking in general. You are the topic of no one's conversation and the center of nothing.
This discussion has been closed.