How many hours of sleep do you get?

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited October 2007
    Five to six, sometimes less. I hit the sack around 1 AM and I'm up at 6:00 AM. Sometimes earlier if I have to catch a plane and make it a one day trip somewhere.

I get about 7 or 8 on weekends.

I'm never grumpy without sleep. I get up every morning to take three good swings in the batter's box. I'm not looking for a base on balls or a single. I want two bases or more. I want the best from life and I'm not going to wait for someone to hand me a good thing. If it's going to be, it's up to me!

Go Sox!
    Carl

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,714
    edited October 2007
    5.5-6.5 during the week. Maybe 7 on the weekends, if I'm lucky.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    Wow. I think this thread really explains why no one can drive or express rational thought anymore.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited October 2007
    Around 6 if I'm sleeping ok, which can be hit or miss.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2007
    And by the way....we are ALL going to die
    To quote an old coworker; "I'm not here for a long time, just a good time."
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited October 2007

But than I'll take two 1 hour naps during the day.

Get a good 10 hours in going into Saturday, and I'm good to go.

That way I stay fresh and charming.
    Sal Palooza
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited October 2007
    About 6.5 hours. My little girl won't let me get any more than that.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited October 2007
    Normally around 5-6. Spend allot of time communicating with my colleagues back in the USA from Japan during the late hours, rather it be conference calls or emails. Such is life working overseas I guess. Besides I can sleep in when I'm dead.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited October 2007
    Entire adult life 4 tops....feel refreshed and ready to go with 4...anything disrupt those solid 4 hours though and god help you. If for some strange reason I go over 5 hours sleep, I wake up more tired then when I layed down.

Part of the reason probably stems from 20 years of working the 7pm to 730am shift.....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited October 2007
    6-7 weekdays..closer to 7
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2007
    37 minutes and 12 seconds.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited October 2007
    I'm both a night owl and an early riser. During the week I get about 7hrs, on weekends I'm up by 5:30am regardless of when I go to bed.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited October 2007
    Weekdays usually sleep midnight to 7:30am. 7.5 hours

Weekends usually 1am to 9:30am unless I'm getting up early for golf. 8.5 hours.

I am miserable if I don't get at least 6-7 good hours of sleep. A week of getting 3-4 hours like some of you, and I'd be fired, admitted to a psych ward, etc.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited October 2007
    Usually about 5. I'm asleep by 2am and wake up around 7am. On weekends I'll sleep a couple hours later. I'm tied down to 4-5 hours of sleep though. If I crash at 10pm, I'll be wide awake around 3am. Kinda sucks 'cause there's nothing on TV at 3am.

As far as how much sleep you actually need, the jury is out again on that. I saw a recent study on LiveScience.com that said that we shouldn't really be getting more than 7 hours sleep in a night. The study also showed that your body self-regulates. So now nobody knows how much sleep to get.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    I do . . . 8 hours but 10 would be nice!:D
  • bruss
    bruss Posts: 1,039
    edited October 2007
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    Got 2 hours of sleep last night and I was in such an a$$ mood today ended up leaving school early.
  • auto_pilot
    auto_pilot Posts: 256
    edited October 2007
    6-6.5 a night...I get up at 5:30 am during the week.
    Cambridge Audio AZUR 640R
    KEF IQ2C Center, Fronts KEF IQ1 , Rears KEF Ci302Q
    Sub Outlaw LFM2
    Panasonic Plasma 1080i (50u)
    Sony DVP-NS70H (DVD)
    Belkin Pure Audio PF31 Line Conditioner
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited October 2007
    5 to 7 hours. If I go to 8 or more I can't get going and my whole days a mess.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited October 2007
    Who can say the smallest # and still sound legit? Only time will tell.

I prefer a good 7-9 hours a night. In bed by 12pm and up by 7:30 through the week, and since I have moved I haven't had to work a weekend, so I am enjoying sleeping till 9-10 AM on Saturdays and Sundays :eek:
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,425
    edited October 2007
    4-6 on weekdays. If I go too many days on too little sleep, eventually my body will revolt--Last night I fell asleep at 6:30pm and got 10.5 hours.

I teach high school, and my first year teaching I tried to see if I really needed sleep at all. The experiment was going OK until one day I woke up during 2nd period (at home in bed, of course)...

Ah, good times.

Well, gotta go catch a nap.

Jay
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2007
    sleep is overrated. I will have plenty of time to sleep when im dead. I havent slept 8 hours in a long long time. I average around 4 to 5 a night and thats it.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    I spent a good 10 years strait getting 4 hours of sleep. I never realized how bad that was. For the past 3 I get a good solid 7 to 8 hours sleep. If I get a solid 8 hours of sleep I can go through the day without being tired at all except maybe right after I eat at lunch.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited October 2007
    Average about 4-5 a night. This week, about 6 total. Substation meltdown! Remove and replace one of the biggest transformers I've ever seen. Just walked through the door for the first time in 3 days. Feel like ****..smell like ****. Just stopped by to say Howdy to y'all.
    Enjoy your lights.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited October 2007
    Slept 9 hours last night, and feel really good.

I guess 8 hours is good with me, 9 is even better! But 7 is OK.

So I guess 7-9 hours for me.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • hypertone
    hypertone Posts: 150
    edited October 2007
    Been getting about 8 most nights, but I function best on 9. Any less than 7 or more than 10 and I worthless the next day. Naps make me feel like crap, but rubbing one out helps me fall asleep faster.
  • ABX
    ABX Posts: 109
    edited October 2007
    Depends if she is in the mood, or not ?
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2007
    Between 7 and 8. I can get by on 6, but not on a daily basis. I used to be able to do anywhere from zero to 14 in college.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited October 2007
    7-8 here too... can't function on less, can't stay asleep more.
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited October 2007
    I get 5-6 woulike 7-8