toshiba - xa2
    panasonic bd30
    sony kdl40v2500
    svs sb12+
  • ka7niq
    ka7niq Posts: 577
    edited October 2007
    engtaz wrote: »
    Tampabay Buccaneers. I live here so I support the teams where I live. Been a fan even during the Perkins era and on.

Make that two of us!
    Go Bucs:)
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    I used to cheer for the Bills back in the early 90's (when they where losing super bowls left and right )but my support has dwindled of late.
    Why because I liked Jim Kelly and Marv Leavy and they are the closest team geographically.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited October 2007
    Kansas City Chiefs...

Born and Raised in KC, and as stated above, there is no stadium anywhere in the NFL that compares to Arrowhead. Plus, we have one of the best fan bases anywhere for football, very knowledgeable fans, and you gotta cheer for any team that is required to play the Faiders, Donkeys and Dolts twice every year :D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited October 2007
    Seahawks cuz I live in Wa., Titans cuz I went to school w/their coach.
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Kansas City Chiefs...

Born and Raised in KC, and as stated above, there is no stadium anywhere in the NFL that compares to Arrowhead. Plus, we have one of the best fan bases anywhere for football, very knowledgeable fans, and you gotta cheer for any team that is required to play the Faiders, Donkeys and Dolts twice every year :D

Here you go Bro a bar in South Philly where the Chiefs are Chief!!! I pass there all the time. These folks are serious Chief fans you should see them spilling out into the street each week in full Chief's garb!!!

Big Charlie's Saloon: Headdresses, tomahawks rule in South Philly
    11th and McKean streets, South Philadelphia
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited October 2007
    I got 3

Eagles
    Steelers
    Bronco's

The Eagles are our home team and I enjoy supporting them. They are fustrating most of the time but we love them nonetheless.

Steelers are a Pa team which I like since I was a kid. I got to see Terry Bradshaw play and got a signed football from him.

The Bronco's I started to like in 1983 when John Elway came into the picture. Something about how he played I really liked. I liked all the top QB's back then. Football to me was better in the 80's and 90's then it is today. Watching John win 2 superbowls are nothing but sheer joy. I watch them lose all the others.

T

T
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    Pats, im from new england, nuff said.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited October 2007
    Wow. So I've been a Cowboys fan since what? 1979? Just before I turned 3? That makes me a "bandwagon jumper"? How friggin retarded. Silly smilies or not. Bottom line, I'm a fan. The Cowboys have no bearing on my life whatsoever. They just provide me with entertainment on a Sunday afternoon or even a Monday night. Oh and Thanksgiving and sometimes Christmas. When it comes down to it though, my paycheck doesn't say Dallas Cowboys at the top. If they lose, big deal. If they win, awesome! My life goes on no matter what. The real fun comes in getting all the small minded Eagles fans all riled up over something so silly.

I'm a Cowboys fan for several reasons. The biggest one I thought I made quite clear. My FATHER. My father took me to several games IN DALLAS where I watched Landry coach the likes of Staubach and Dorsett in some spectacular games all the while driving the Dallas Cowboys to be one of the winningest teams in NFL history with 20 consecutive winning seasons. Even in the down times before the Troy Aikman era and the magic of watching the greatest running back to ever play the game, Emmitt Smith who led the Cowboys to 3 out of 4 Super Bowls in as many years.

The Cowboys aren't just a football team to me, they are a part of my childhood and fond memories of time spent with my father. Belittling those times by calling me something so childish as a "bandwagon jumper" doesn't really win friends and influence people in my book. But yeah, I'm a bandwagon jumper. Whatever.

Oh and the Cowboys are ALWAYS broadcast on a Sunday in this area because they are in the Eagles conference. The day they aren't consistently broadcast will be the day I get something like NFL Sunday Ticket just to watch my 'boys beat the crap out of the Eagles...again.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited October 2007
    49er's....Dad had season tickets for as far back as I can remember....and I got to see and meet all of the greats. They were one of footballs great elite teams at one time...they will be again one day.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2007
    The Budweiser Clydesdales. Because as a team they have more class than anything else coming out of pro football.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited October 2007
    Raiders...

because I grew up with them....and remember when they played real football (70`s)..

The suck now, but I don`t desert them because like I said, I grew up with the Raiders kickin serious butt

and besides everybody else is for the 49rs, and I`m not one to follow the crowd
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2007
    I was a Dallas Fan in my childhood, but in recent years I adopted the Jets. Friend of mine has season tickets and has had them for years. I started going to games with him since He always had an extra ticket. They got my loyalty by knowing how to throw a BAD@SS tailgate.

been going to nearly everyhome game ever since, and usually one away game. I will be going to the Miami Jets game in Miami on 12/5. Ah, a weekend in South Beach. Sure we hate the fish, but we do love there town (at least for a visit :D)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • pmckeealaska
    pmckeealaska Posts: 808
    edited October 2007
    Dallas...I was raised there and lived there for 19 years before Alaska. of course, up here everyone is a Seahawks fan. I like being one of the few Cowboy fans up here.
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    Rotel RB 1080 2-Channel Amp
    NAD T763 Reciever
    Denon DVD 2900 Universal Player

Audiosource 10 Band Digital Equalizer
    Audioquest CV-8 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sub-X subwoofer cables
    Audioquest King Cobra Interconnects

Monster AVS 2000 Voltage Stabilizer
    Playstation 3 120GB Slim
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    I was a Dallas Fan in my childhood,

It's good to let go of foolish childish things as we mature!:D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2007
    The Pats...born and bred in New England.

I will say that the current regime is a nice change from the Pats of the 1970's....although Steve Grogan was one of my heroes growing up.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
    edited October 2007
    Cowboys, I think it had something to due with Blue being my favorite color growing up as a kid. Once I got a little older, it was the Cowboy's cheerleaders that kept my interest. Team just stuck with me after that and I've supported them every since.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2007
    ... of course, up here everyone is a Seahawks fan.

Cool. I didn't know that.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    Cool. I didn't know that.

Favorite major league baseball team

Seattle Mariners 22%
    Chicago Cubs 11%

Favorite NFL team

Seattle Seahawks 16%
    San Francisco 49ers 11%
    Green Bay Packers 9%

Favorite NBA team

Los Angeles Lakers 18%
    Seattle SuperSonics 7%
    No favorite 39%

Favorite NHL team

New Jersey Devils 10%
    Colorado Avalanche 6%
    No favorite 50%

Sports Illustrated

*Harris Interactive poll, conducted online, of 400 Alaska residents who identified themselves as sports fans. Margin of error +/- 5%.
  • jgido759
    jgido759 Posts: 572
    edited October 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »

Favorite NHL team

New Jersey Devils 10%

I wonder if that will change now that Scott Gomez went over to the "dark side" (Rangers). :D
    Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support
    group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
    -Drew Carey

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
    -Unknown

My DVD Collection
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited October 2007
    My favorite teams are:

Dallas because I've always loved the Cowboys. I even still have stupid pictures of me at 5 years old dressed up as a Cowboy player for Halloween.

Green Bay because I lived in Wisconsin for awhile and they appreciate foolball as much or more than the next guy. Also, because my wife's a born and bred CheeseHead! I love you honey! :D

...and anyone who plays against Donovan "Let me whine a little more" McNabb and Peyton "I make Fred Flintstone look like a genius" Manning. I know these guys were/are great players, but McNabb has ruined me on Philly for life and Peyton just looks like you could pound his head with a boulder and his head would win.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited October 2007
    Go USF
    ohhhhhh
    wrong place to post college teams. LOL
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited October 2007
    Steelers!

Although I grew up closer to Baltimore\Washington, the Steelers were my team. My favorite player to this day is the mild tempered Joe Greene :D
  • thebluemonkey
    thebluemonkey Posts: 190
    edited October 2007
    Comboys fan from the start and that includes the colts
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited October 2007
    I idolized Roger Staubach back when I was 8 years old. I won a national essay contest at 12 when I nominated him as person of the year. This was the beginning of my fondness of "daboyz". I have never liked another team and will always be a Cowboys fan.
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,200
    edited October 2007
    The Dallas Cowboys because I live in Dallas. As for Polkmaniac finding it strange for liking you're home team. There are several reasons for choosing your home team, one you can actually go to the games more than once or twice a year. Easier to watch every game, when their on TV unless you pay for the sports package. The home team represents the city in that sport. Finally you won't be a bandwagon fan.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    The reason for following your home team is simple : sports are a social thing. If you just like to sit at home and watch sports because you enjoy watching a good team perform well, that's fine, but the majority of people enjoy sports because they create a camaraderie among friends and people in your region. Speaking for New England, you can walk up to nearly ANYONE in the five-state region and say something about the Red Sox or Patriots and immediately have a friendly conversation on your hands. YOu don't even have to know the person. It creates a feeling of connection with your region. Otherwise, as someone once famously said, you're just rooting for laundry.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2007
    Have been a Cowboys fan since the early 70s. I first started liking them because of Staubach. He didn't try to weasel his way out of his military obligations after being drafted by the Cowboys. With enough tenacity, he could have gotten out of his duty, but he chose the honorable direction and served his nation. Just think of the stats he would have put up if he have played the first four years after he was drafted???

I also am a fan of the Colts....my AFC team.

If they were to meet in the SB, the Cowboys have my support.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited October 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Otherwise, as someone once famously said, you're just rooting for laundry.

Uhhh...unless you have some kind of stake in the team that amounts to some sort of profit, either monetarily or otherwise, that's all anyone is doing. It's entertainment. That's all. Trying to put it on a pedestal as anything more than entertainment is just setting yourself up for a big disappointment.

It's grown men playing a child's game for millions of dollars. It defies all sense. The mere fact alone that it's fun to watch is good enough for me. But basing my life and the value of my friendships on whether someone is rooting for the home team or not is pretty sad. I have my reasons for not liking the "home" team. Then again, I don't have a "home" team because I don't live in Philly or New York or Baltimore or any other state let alone city, that has a football team. While the Giants play in NJ, they are still the New York Giants. So technically, I can root for whatever team I want. I don't watch basketball and the Devils have always been my favorite hockey team so there ya go. If NJ had a football team somewhere, I'd probably follow them too. Same with baseball.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    I didn't mean to criticize. And I dont' judge my friendships on team alliances; a lot of my friends are fans of rival teams. Like I said, it's just nice to have something in common with random strangers in your community. It's nice when your team wins something big (Super Bowl and World Series are both recent Boston-area wins) and literally millions of people gather together and cheer. I understand the absurdity of it all, but it's a lot easier to get caught up in the emotion and ignore it when you're following your local team with so many other people.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.