What NFL team do you support and why?

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
Titans Fan

Why? Because when they were the Oilers I thought their quarterback line up was among the best in the league (Warren Moon, followed up by Cody Carlson) and they were a texas team. Been through a couple more quarterbacks now, and even to another state, but they were the team I rooted for when I was a kid and even if their name did change, I still like 'em.
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2007
    Atlanta Falcons fan since I was born and raised in that city. I've seen some really crappy teams come down the **** shoot since I really began following them in 1990.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    Pats cuz I'm from and still live in New England. I find non-geographically based team loyalties funny and strange :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2007
    I do too, but you can't really drop a team because you happen to move.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007

Oh I'm totally fine with people sticking with their hometown team; at least that was at one point based in geography. It's folks from California, born and bread, who are Dallas fans, or things like that that confuse my little brain.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2007
    My tiny brain shuts off contemplating it myself:p
    I guess the only scenerio where I could see someone picking up a team would be someone living in North Dakota, maybe? Or Idaho? Or Cambodia?
  • polktiger
    polktiger Posts: 556
    edited October 2007
    Steelers - growing up in Charleston, SC, we had no team geographically. TV games were either Atlanta, Miami, or Washington. But I picked up the Steelers becuase one of my best friends had some family from and still living in Pittsburgh and they were naturally Steelers fans, so I adopted a team from him.

I never switched to the Charlotte Panthers since they are really just that, the Charlotte team (the whole Carolina thing was just marketing), and I was already a Steelers fan, so I was not going to switch. On a given day, I will pull for the Panthers, but I have no interest in going to or watching a game unless they are playing the Steelers.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2007
    Seahawks, I've lived in Washington my whole life. Other than that, I root for whoever is playing against the Rams, 49ers or Cardinals.

I usually root for the Colts and Chargers as well. I enjoy watching them play. Not so much the Chargers this year anyways.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited October 2007
    Funny, I find geographically based loyalties strange :)

I never understood liking a team just because you have the misfortune of living in the same city they play in. For me, it's always been about the players and how fun it is to watch.

I definitely have a different outlook on this than most people. People are like "well how do you knwo who to root for". I never really have a good answer, it's always something like "I don't know, I just find teams that are fun to watch and that I have respect for and that's who I root for"

Right now, and for the last 7 years or so, that team has been the Indy Colts. I enjoy watching them play, their style of offense and that defense where everyone is running all out on every play (even if they can't tackle) is the most fun for me to watch. They've never really been the best team, and have suffered many losses to teams like the Patriots who are obviously a superior team, but they're always who I root for. Plus I also think they're a classy organization.

I was always a 49ers fan growing up. I was just always a big fan of Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, remember watching so many games where they were down in the 4th quarter and cool joe would somehow bring them back to win the game. Of course I would have been like 12, so my 'memory' may be a bit embelished, but just remember how exciting it was to watch those games.

I have no reason really for my dislike of the Cowboys. I don't really hate them, I've just never liked them for some reason, not even in years like now and the early 90s when they're really good. I do remember watching all those NFC championship games with my family though, I'd always be the one in the room rooting for the 'bad guys' - made for some good times...
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited October 2007
    Broncos
    I grew up jealous of my brother going to games each week until I was 10 when I finally got to start going. Years of sitting thru games when all they had was Floyd Little at running back on offense, chanting "wait until next year in September".

In Denver, the Broncos are a religion as the the team stayed in town at one point only because people raised money from change collected at intersections to make the first stadium expansion.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited October 2007
    Tampabay Buccaneers. I live here so I support the teams where I live. Been a fan even during the Perkins era and on.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited October 2007
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    Seahawks through the worst! I’ve always lived here and always been a fan. Been a good 25 years. Loved the old Steve Largent days. I've gone away and come back from football a lot over the years but always get in a weekly Seahawks game.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • bruss
    bruss Posts: 1,039
    edited October 2007
    KC Chiefs.. Born and raised in the KC metro.. Nothing like a home game at arrowhead..
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited October 2007
    Dallas Cowboys because the Philadelphia Eagles suck.

That and my dad used to have to go to Dallas every November for like 3 weeks when I was young. It was always during football season and my mom would pack us up and head down to Dallas for the weekend and we'd get to use the company skybox for Cowboys games. Ever since I can remember I've been a Dallas fan. Can't stand the Eagles. Can't stand Eagles fans. Can't stand the owner. Can't stand the excuses year after year for a team full of whiny, self-absorbed prima donnas. You'd think that at least one year they could put together a team that isn't cocky, arrogant and selfish and can actually play football. Other teams do it, why can't the Eagles? The Eagles suck.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited October 2007
    Seahawks. I was born, raised, and lived in Seattle for almost 41 yrs, and I can't see becoming a Cardinals fan for any reason.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    Jstas wrote: »
    Dallas Cowboys because the Philadelphia Eagles suck.

And once again my friend I call you a band wagon jumper!!!:D :p :rolleyes:
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2007

Or you stay put and the team moves:(
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    Philadelphia Eagles. I was 5 years old listening to the 1960 World Championship game against Lombardi's Green Bay Packers on the radio. . . they won. . . and they've been breaking my heart ever since.

I can't even sit through a complete game anymore. But they are still my team and I am a die hard Eagles fan!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Or you stay put and the team moves:(
    -Cody

How about what the Colts did to Baltimore. . . they snuck out in the middle of the night and drove to Indy!!! I remember that as if it occured last night.

If I am not mistaken it was their retreat that caused the Cleveland Browns fans to force the owner to buy their name or leave without one, so it stayed.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited October 2007
    Born & raised in Philly...a true homer I am. The only teams I could ever root for are the Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, Sixers, Phantoms, & Wings. I gotta laugh at the band wagon jumpers who follow the flavor of the month team. And, what never made any sense to me was a local who follows an out of state team. You can't even watch them, you have to wait for the news to get their score. What the hell fun is that? Nothing like crying, laughing, hollering, cussing, & swearing to never watch them again...your local home grown team!! Oh, & by the way, Philies & Yanks in this years series. That should be fun! And, as Howard Eskin says...you Cowboy fans are nothing but "****-a-roaches" A local joke!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    Born & raised in Philly...a true homer I am. The only teams I could ever root for are the Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, Sixers, Phantoms, & Wings. I gotta laugh at the band wagon jumpers who follow the flavor of the month team. And, what never made any sense to me was a local who follows an out of state team. You can't even watch them, you have to wait for the news to get their score. What the hell fun is that? Nothing like crying, laughing, hollering, cussing, & swearing to never watch them again...your local home grown team!! Oh, & by the way, Philies & Yanks in this years series. That should be fun! And, as Howard Eskin says...you Cowboy fans are nothing but "****-a-roaches" A local joke!!

Yep what he said!!! The funny thing about what Eskin said is that back in the Hairdo days, I mean Jimmy Johnson day he was a BIG Cowboy fan. . . .his friggin excuse was that he was a Miami fan and he followed Jimmy to Dallass. . . yep he used to love criminals back then.
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited October 2007
    The 49ers, they're the local team, and I grew up with them! And I didn't like black and silver, they were the only other choice...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2007
    Broncos since Deburg was the QB, born and raised in CO until age 22. Really don't like all the bandwagon fans that they picked up when they changed uni's and started winning SB's. Pats fans are probably going through the same thing.

To you Philly guys: B-E-A-R-S! Bears, bears, bears WOOO!!!! :p
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Broncos since Deburg was the QB, born and raised in CO until age 22. Really don't like all the bandwagon fans that they picked up when they changed uni's and started winning SB's. Pats fans are probably going through the same thing.

To you Philly guys: B-E-A-R-S! Bears, bears, bears WOOO!!!! :p

Usually after an asskicking, humiliating defeat like last night the Eagles usually beat up on the next week's team like the muscle bound guy kicking sand in the wimps face. Besides what hell happened to the Bears anyway?
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited October 2007
    E.a.g.l.e.s Eagles Yyaaaaaaaaaa
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited October 2007
    The Redskins. Why? Because at 6 months old my dad told me that if I wasn't a Redskin fan to get a job and start paying rent or move out. I chose the former and have been a diehard ever since. Hate the Ravens.......don't really know why but I do. Grew up when Gibbs was winning Super Bowls and hope to see another one in my lifetime.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    Colts. I was a fan back in the day of Johnny U, Earl Morrall, Bert Jones....and the fact that Peyton is there now is just a plus.

My second favoprite team has been (was) the Dolphins. During the 1972 season with Larry Csonka, Jim Kiick, Mercury Morris, Bob Griese (and Eal Morrall), Garo Yepremian, Paul Warfield, and the "No Name" defense (and I knew all of their names), I watched, listened to or read about every one of their 17 wins that season. Didn't get to follow any of their losses....cause there weren't any. I always liked Marino as well.... Unfortunately they have been a total clusterf**k the last decade or so and it is real hard to even watch them...much less root for them.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    shawn474 wrote: »
    The Redskins. Why? Because at 6 months old my dad told me that if I wasn't a Redskin fan to get a job and start paying rent or move out. I chose the former and have been a diehard ever since. Hate the Ravens.......don't really know why but I do. Grew up when Gibbs was winning Super Bowls and hope to see another one in my lifetime.

Shawn

Joe Gibbs WAS awesome back in the day. . . the Eagles were A-holes too giving up Sonny Jergenson for Norm "can't pass the ball" Snead. I used to love Norm Bulach he used to drag have a defense down the field a good 5 to 7 yards until of course he got to the Eagles.:mad:
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    shack wrote: »

My second favoprite team has been (was) the Dolphins. During the 1972 season with Larry Csonka, Jim Kiick, Mercury Morris, Bob Griese (and Eal Morrall), Garo Yepremian, Paul Warfield, and the "No Name" defense (and I knew all of their names), I watched, listened to or read about every one of their 17 wins that season. Didn't get to follow any of their losses....cause there weren't any. I always liked Marino as well.... Unfortunately they have been a total clusterf**k the last decade or so and it is real hard to even watch them...much less root for them.

The Dolphins were my number two also for all the reasons stated above. I used to love watching Mercury Morris while running, his feet flat to the ground and his body being almost perfectly parellel to the ground.
  • margate21
    margate21 Posts: 105
    edited October 2007
    Fan of two teams: 1. eagles (born and raised in southern nj) and 2. anyone who beats the giants and dallas. Last night was just heartbreaking and shameful!!
    Home Theater
    lsi 15's, lsi c, lsi f/x
    onkyo 805
    sunfire tga 5200
    toshiba - xa2
    panasonic bd30
    sony kdl40v2500
    svs sb12+