Toyota knows GM makes a better Vehicle

audiobliss
audiobliss Posts: 12,518
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
toyotaracingchevyanh9.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Jstas wrote: »
Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
In Use
PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
Epson 8700UB

In Storage
[Home Audio]
Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
Post edited by audiobliss on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,439
    edited September 2007
    Hehe....
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited September 2007
    Wishful thinking
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited September 2007
    What they don't tell you is the Toyota trailer is actually pushing that GM out of the way after it broke down....:rolleyes:
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited September 2007
    GMC Pickup pullin' a Toy trailer...that's good.

What's up with Joe Gibbs Racing running Toyota next year? Would this be the Cup cars?
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited September 2007
    strider wrote: »
    What they don't tell you is the Toyota trailer is actually pushing that GM out of the way after it broke down....:rolleyes:

LOL.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited September 2007
    I don't understand why Toyota is getting into NASCAR, makes me want to go sell my 4Runner and buy a Pilot...

okay not really that's just ridiculous...
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited September 2007

What's up with Joe Gibbs Racing running Toyota next year? Would this be the Cup cars?

It doesn't matter. It's NASCAR. It's make believe. There hasn't been a real
    "STOCK" car in decades. It's just a bunch of custom fabricators with
    a lot of decals and a fiberglass body that kinda looks like a real car.
    Nothing good comes out of NASCAR. No car company applies any NASCAR
    tech to any daily driver.

Yeah, I'm going to get flamed. I don't care. Racing should be a way of
    creating better cars. If you could get a modern car to survive 500 miles
    of all out racing, then I would be impressed. Think of how reliable
    cars could get if they received that kind of engineering.

Damn, I remember caring back when mere mortals could buy 90% of a
    real stock car down at your local dealership. I never owned one, but had friends
    who had some of those cars. Daytona Charger, anyone?
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited September 2007
    Racing should be about creating better cars. Why?

Should football be about creating better humans? :confused:

It's a sport, the sponsors don't have jack to do with the "The Game" itself, as boring as I find that sport to be.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited September 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »

It's a sport, the sponsors don't have jack to do with the "The Game" itself, as boring as I find that sport to be.

You are right. I just miss the bad ol' days.
    NASCAR will step in if anyone from Toyota comes up with a good idea that makes their car go too fast.:eek:
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited September 2007
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    It doesn't matter. It's NASCAR. It's make believe. There hasn't been a real
    "STOCK" car in decades. It's just a bunch of custom fabricators with
    a lot of decals and a fiberglass body that kinda looks like a real car.
    Nothing good comes out of NASCAR. No car company applies any NASCAR
    tech to any daily driver.

real stock car down at your local dealership. I never owned one, but had friends
    who had some of those cars. Daytona Charger, anyone?

If you could get a modern car to survive 500 miles of all out racing, it would cost $500,000..

geez..it's just a sport..kinda
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • carpenter
    carpenter Posts: 362
    edited September 2007
    sucks2beme wrote: »

real stock car ......

That would be the Le mans 24 hour. The lower GT1 and GT2 categories, are for cars which are very close to their stock models. (Dodge viper gtsr is an example)
    Demiurge wrote: »

That might be good question, However IndyCar is going green in the next seasons, so I guess there is something to it.
    "If the global crisis continues, by the end of the year Only two Banks will be operational, the Blood Bank and the Sperm Bank. Then these 2 banks will merge and it will be called 'The Bloody **** Bank'"
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited September 2007
    NASCAR is not about technology. If it was, the standard engine would not be the 348 cubic engine template with a single carb sitting on top of a single plane manifold. NASCAR is about evenly matched cars that put the focus on driver skill to win a race. That is why the points system is so complex and why NASCAR steps in if there is a clear advantage of one team over others. It's supposed to be even competition.

As far as the photo, when Toyota actually builds a truck that can compete with a Chevy Silverado 3500 or a Dodge Ram 3500 or an F-350, F-450 or F-550, then they can tow their own trailers. Until then, I don't care how "tough" a truck looks or how many retarded things you do to it in a commercial in the name of "truck guys say", unless you got the goods, you can't compete. Toyota doesn't even offer a diesel option. They should follow Honda's lead and stop trying to beat the U.S. makers at the game they invented and just make a car that does truck-like things.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited September 2007
    I love Toyota comercials... lol

"Everyone else had a 4 speed transmission... you wanted a 6 speed...Happy Birthday!"

"Everyone elses brake disc look like this... you wanted this.... BINGO"

To funny

Truck comercials are so retarded... lol

While I love the Tundra, it looks like a killer truck - I gotta agree, they are hardly a truck manufacture by any means.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited September 2007

"Everyone else had a 4 speed transmission... you wanted a 6 speed...Happy Birthday!"

To funny

While I love the Tundra, it looks like a killer truck - I gotta agree, they are hardly a truck manufacture by any means.

Not to make this an age thing but you are probably too young to remember the Ford commercials where they would drop an F-150 out of the sky. It'd hit the ground and then they'd drop something in the bed of the truck and then they'd drive it away. I think that's when the "Built Ford Tough" stuff started. They were on in the early-mid 80's and I remember some news magazine show doing a story on ads like that. IIRC, what they found was the other ads from other makers were faked but Ford actually dropped trucks out of the sky and did that stuff. The commercials were real. They had problems finding the right height where the desired effect was reached but the tires didn't blow up.

Here's Dodge mimicking the Ford commercials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYWucPvA2AM&mode=related&search=

Thing is, the front of the truck bounces so much because they had to remove the shocks because they would break when the truck hit the ground. I don't think Chevy ever dropped a truck.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited September 2007
    I remember those commercials
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited September 2007
    The Toyota Tundra doesn't compate with the big American diesels, so Toyota should quit making trucks?? Am I reading that correctly?

Does that mean we should quit making Chevy and Ford trucks because they can't compete with an 18 wheeler?

Jeez that's like saying Polk should quit making speakers because Dynaudio sounds better.

I'm sorry, that's the most ludicrous thing I've heard on here in quite a while (now granted I did miss the whole energy saving thread). The Tundra isn't meant to compete with the 3500 or F450 or whatever. It's meant to compete with and be better than the majority of the truck on the road here.

I don't know sales numbers off the top of my head, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the they sell alot more 1500, 2500, 150, and 250s than they do the big honkin' 3500s and 450s.

Have you drive a Tundra and something like a 2500 or F250 side by side? There's no comparison.

I don't own a truck and probably never will, but I just find very generalized statements like 'Toyota should quit making trucks' pointless.

John, I'm sure you'll come back with a long post about how everything I said is technically wrong or whatever, and I don't care really, I just found the second paragraph of your post really off base...
  • strider
    edited September 2007
    As far as the photo, when Toyota actually builds a truck that can compete with a Chevy Silverado 3500 or a Dodge Ram 3500 or an F-350, F-450 or F-550, then they can tow their own trailers. Until then, I don't care how "tough" a truck looks or how many retarded things you do to it in a commercial in the name of "truck guys say", unless you got the goods, you can't compete. Toyota doesn't even offer a diesel option. They should follow Honda's lead and stop trying to beat the U.S. makers at the game they invented and just make a car that does truck-like things.

I'll agree with you in regards to the American manufacturers making better full size, does what a trucks supposed to do, vehicles. The new Tundra is interesting but, IMO, is more like an suv without carpet in the back.

I do, however, respectfully disagree if you are including the small/mid size trucks in your comparison. The Colorado? Uggh. Do they even make Rangers any more? Toyota's built great small trucks since the late 70's. Those trucks are what helped Toyota build their reputation for reliability, and deservedly so.

In the interest of full disclosure, I do have a Tacoma. Never let me down, only thing I've had to replace that hasn't been a maintenance item is my driver's seat belt. I've beat the crap out of it for 85k miles and can't find a valid reason to replace it.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited September 2007

To funny

Too true.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited September 2007
    Ahhhhh, shudap and just admit it.

Domestic pwns imports.

;)

*sits back to watch the show*

:D
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited September 2007
    Toyota's F1 team sucks eggs...
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2007
    Toyota excels in car, off road and small/med trucks design and production. If/when they focus on bigger trucks, they will excel in that too.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • strider
    edited September 2007
    audiobliss wrote: »
    Ahhhhh, shudap and just admit it.

Domestic pwns imports.

;)

Whatever. Vinyl sounds better then both of them, but only with 1.5m cables made from unobtainium and jacketed in woven yak pubes.

:-)
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited September 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »
    Toyota excels in car, off road and small/med trucks design and production. If/when they focus on bigger trucks, they will excel in that too.

Exactly. Toyota is just testing the waters in the full size truck segment. While they do have a ways to go, Toyota is a very persistant and smart company. They pretty much invented Lean Manufacturing, which most of the factories I work with have adopted and use Toyota in their business meetings.

Not to mention, Toyota has enough cash to buy out Ford, GM and Chrysler tomorrow and not even blink. Do not underestimate Toyota.
    Venom
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2007
    I hate the Toyota commercials.. why? Because they always got to use the "manly deep voice". For some reason they think if the announcer has the manliest deepest voice found that the truck will seem real manly. ug.. I hate that.

Must work, they are selling like mad.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2007
    venomclan wrote: »
    Exactly. Toyota is just testing the waters in the full size truck segment. While they do have a ways to go, Toyota is a very persistant and smart company. They pretty much invented Lean Manufacturing, which most of the factories I work with have adopted and use Toyota in their business meetings.

Not to mention, Toyota has enough cash to buy out Ford, GM and Chrysler tomorrow and not even blink. Do not underestimate Toyota.
    Venom

Looks like you know a little about this....You know who Shigeo Shingo was? I met him....He gave us a SMED training ages ago; We applied it and reduced changeover times by up to 80 %!!!!!

Smart guy....

Edit: sorry.... it was not Shigeo Shingo himself.....it was another japanese guy; he did show us a video with S.S. in it showing some of the stuff. That memory of mine ;)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2007
    I love the Toyota Truck commercials.. Why? Because I think they Kick **** 10000 lbs dead weight, the 45 degree ramp thing then the 45 degree stopping power. Sweet Kick **** Manly Commercials if you asked me.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited September 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    I hate the Toyota commercials.. why? Because they always got to use the "manly deep voice". For some reason they think if the announcer has the manliest deepest voice found that the truck will seem real manly. ug.. I hate that.

Must work, they are selling like mad.
    Hmmm...don't all truck commercials do that?
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2007
    I remember when Toyota just made a 4 banger then a sweet V6 now a sweet V8.... Give them some time they too will built a Diesel engine. And it would be GM sorry V8 Diesel of the late 80's either.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2007
    I have no problem with Toyota making trucks. Id love to have one of the new Tundras.

And forget about all this "American made" crap. Out of the 5 full size trucks on the market these days the only ones that are made in America are the Nissan Titan and the Toyota Tundra!

My last 2 Dodge Rams were made in Mexico. My Nissan Frontier was made in Smyrna, TN. My Honda Accord was made in Ohio.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited September 2007

Once again,does anyone know anything about this? Is Waltrip Racing being kicked out by Toyota? In favor of J.Gibbs Racing?

Curious minds want to know:D