Toyota knows GM makes a better Vehicle

2»

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    I love the Toyota Truck commercials.. Why? Because I think they Kick **** 10000 lbs dead weight, the 45 degree ramp thing then the 45 degree stopping power. Sweet Kick **** Manly Commercials if you asked me.

Theres been a lot of speculation about those commercials, as in, the trailer having electric brakes...dunno if its true or not though.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited September 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    And forget about all this "American made" crap. Out of the 5 full size trucks on the market these days the only ones that are made in America are the Nissan Titan and the Toyota Tundra!

My last 2 Dodge Rams were made in Mexico. My Nissan Frontier was made in Smyrna, TN. My Honda Accord was made in Ohio.
    Interesting...
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Theres been a lot of speculation about those commercials, as in, the trailer having electric brakes...dunno if its true or not though.
    -Cody

Even if true it's still a very impressive commercial too me.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited September 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    Even if true it's still a very impressive commercial too me.

I think Toyota went big at the wrong time. Big truck users are a brand loyal bunch.
    And with gas prices projected going to $4 a gallon, I think they should stay with building
    a great midsize truck. Their mid has been creeping up in size to the point you just as well
    get fullsize.
    I think the time is right for GM to re-create the El Camino. Good looks,
    performance, and ok gas milage would make it a big seller. I always wanted one.
    I've though of re-doing a mid 80's one with modern overdrive and
    fuel injection. The SSR was just too pricey and not practical at all.
    A gimmick, rather than a truck people could love. But what do I know.
    I'm driving a 10 year old F150. It does what I want it to, and it's paid for.

Screw NASCAR. Sprint cars are where its at.:)
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2007
    if that truck commercial is true, it would most likely snap the drive shaft 9 out of 10 times, starting on an incline like that...

or not !
    whaddo I know..:rolleyes:
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2007
    Well if not true why don't the others find that out and state that.... If true thats a tough commercial to beat. IMHO

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2007
    who knows...the materials, and way things are built today , as compared to the older stuff, is much better/tougher...

could be true
    could be that most trucks will do that for the first few times before something breaks....who knows

I was thinking of getting a new truck, but it aint gonna happen now for a long time, so....
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited September 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »
    Looks like you know a little about this....You know who Shigeo Shingo was? I met him....He gave us a SMED training ages ago; We applied it and reduced changeover times by up to 80 %!!!!!

Smart guy....

Edit: sorry.... it was not Shigeo Shingo himself.....it was another japanese guy; he did show us a video with S.S. in it showing some of the stuff. That memory of mine ;)

Sorry, I do not know who he is. But I am sure I ran into his work somewhere.

I work for a Manufacturers Representative. We rep over 40 U.S. companies and I have been to a few of the plants and many meetings being on the sales/marketing side. Toyota's Lean Manufacturing is well known has been implemented. Usually when an executive is introduced, they spout his/hers degrees and green belt, black belt etc. in Six Sigma. Efficiancy saves dough.

The sad thing is that most of these companies now produce a lot of the goods in Asia. They have to to survive.
    Venom
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited September 2007
    All I know is that I drive a Chevy Silverado 2500 HD that I paid $18,400 brand spankin' new out the door, tax, tag, title and all. 2 years later I am still passing an eighteen wheeler, four cars and one dump truck in the opposite lane while hauling close to 10,000 lbs. I'm happy.

Drove down to the panhandle of FL. [and back] three months ago hauling a trailer from Charlotte, NC and only spent 190.00 in gas. Oh yeah, I'm happy.:D :p
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2007
    Once again,does anyone know anything about this? Is Waltrip Racing being kicked out by Toyota? In favor of J.Gibbs Racing?

Curious minds want to know:D

As far as I know, Waltrip's cars will still be Toyota.

However, since his team sucks and doesnt quaify for races half the time, Toyota has been lobbying successful teams to make the switch.

Joe Gibbs took them up on it for this one very good reason - With Chevy, theyre one of several other teams and not even the most successful. With Toyota, theyre the big dawgs and will have all the resources, know how, engineering staf and whatever else from Toyota Racing Devolpment at their disposal as theyre really the only team they have.

I think its a pretty smart move myself. Toyota is doing well in every racing endeavor theyve ventured into but with Nextel Cup, they just dont have the skilled drivers to carry them far. With JGR, theyve got 2 time champ Tony Stewart, Denny Hamlin who is always a championship contender and next season theyll have Kyle Busch who is always near the top. 3 of the best drivers on the circuit will be driving Toyota next year.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited September 2007
    Then it's true,thanks...It will be different to see Stewart and the rest wheeling a Toyota.

For Toyota to compete with Rousch and Hendrick engines,it's going to take more than a stable of good drivers.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2007
    JGR will still be making their own engines. Theyll just have the TRD guys helping them out.

And besides, with that ridiculous, stupid and idiotic Car of Tomorrow, you cant tell the difference between cars anyway.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited September 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    JGR will still be making their own engines. Theyll just have the TRD guys helping them out.

And besides, with that ridiculous, stupid and idiotic Car of Tomorrow, you cant tell the difference between cars anyway.

I know,they do all look alike...It will just be different not seeing Stewart in some of the Chevy promos

But,like anything else...change is part of the deal
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited September 2007
    So, I'm not a big NASCAR person, but I'll switch it over there from time to time between commercials and stuff. It seems like every time I watch even just a few minutes of it someone's engine is breaking and there's smoke and fire or whatever.

Is the idea of bringing in Toyota to try to build cars that don't always break, or does that really even matter because they're all 'stock' cars and are the same anyway?

That's probably a dumb question, I just don't see the incentive for Toyota to get involved - it's not like they need the name recognition to help sell more cars...and the NASCAR culture doesn't seem very 'Toyota' to me...
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited September 2007
    Import and truck dont belong in the same sentence ! I have 2 imports both Mazdas but trust me I have 3 trucks and there all American !

Even if they did buildem in Mexico! DOH!!!!
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited September 2007
    As much as the founder, Bill France senior, wanted his creation to be for stock cars it is as equally that the third generation, Brian, wants to move the company away from its roots. The Japanese are filling NASCAR pockets and I will bet that as soon as they realize the greed or NASCAR's inability to police their garage fairly they will surely do some rethinking.

+1 on the COT being a POS.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2