Anyone familiar with the Glock 19?

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited September 2007
    MSALLA wrote: »
    I'llbe there sunday. I'm still old school with a colt 1911 based colt defender. Not a big fan on DA only pistols. I guess I'm just not open to change.

Glock triggers take a little getting used to, for sure...
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • AALEE
    AALEE Posts: 51
    edited September 2007
    FU Steve, it was judged that the gun was stolen from someone that thought it was cool to have one.
  • steveinaz
    edited September 2007
    Like I said, I'm sorry about your brother. I can sympathize with your anger.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2007
    Here's my new toy!!:D :D

Kimber Custom II 1911 .45 w/ night sights. I was amazed how well the gun handled...almost if not as good as my old Ruger P89.

linky http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/custom/custom.php
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • AALEE
    edited September 2007
    Thanks polk buddy, when I die I am going to come with a dick that shoots bullets and confront all people that think guns are cool. Cant wait to meet you
  • ND13
    edited September 2007
    AALEE wrote: »
    Thanks polk buddy, when I die I am going to come with a dick that shoots bullets and confront all people that think guns are cool. Cant wait to meet you

And I doubt we'll ever meet. If we did, I bet that little 2" barrel won't be all that accurate.
  • AALEE
    edited September 2007
    Eat your own bullet, awhole
  • ND13
    edited September 2007
    OMG, Get off this she-ite. I just about puked on my cat.... My older brother was killed with one of those. Come on all, this is not an arms thread, get back to rockin

Not by the gun you moron, the idiot that used the gun killed your brother. Get off blaming everyone that owns a gun for your brother's death. I feel bad about that, but you need to attack others. Most everyone here has extensive training(whether military or police).
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited September 2007
    this is more my flavour

416SS6.jpg

Taurus

Model: 416SS6
    Caliber: .41 MAG
    Capacity: 6
    Barrel Length: 6-1/2"
    Porting: Yes
    Action: DA/SA
    Finish: Stainless Steel
    Grips: Rubber w/Cushioned Insert
    Weight: 53 oz
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • ND13
    edited September 2007

I can see you won't be here very long. You're the only one being abusive in this thread. You should change your sig, seeing that you have little respect for us. A lot of us here, have had bad experiences with IDIOTS w/guns, but that's not the guns fault.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited September 2007
    ND13 wrote: »
    I can see you won't be here very long. You're the only one being abusive in this thread.

I thought I was the only one to notice that. What is in the air today?

It's Friday everyone relax and have a safe and enjoyable weekend.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited September 2007

Whoa! slow down guys. Someone already got kicked off today,we don't need a second.
    It sucks that your brother died. I feel real bad about your brother but tell me, If he was stabbed instead of shot, would you hate everyone that has a knife?
    Again, sorry to hear about your brother.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2007
    I know someone who was killed from being hit by a car, I guess we shouldn't talk about cars either. :rolleyes:
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited September 2007
    Face wrote: »
    If you find the 19 too small for your mits, give the 17 a try.

I'd love too, but the 19 is issued.

steveinaz wrote: »
    There's 3 safeties:

1. Snag safety (front of trigger face)
    2. Firing pin safety (internal)
    3. Drop safety (internal)

Glock's are like a revolver; if they are loaded (round chambered), they will shoot--there's no safety lever.

The standard trigger is 5.5lbs and is "quasi-double action" in that it is striker fired. (no exposed hammer).

Good guns, accurate, durable/reliable in the extreme, and easy/cheap replacement parts. Tons of aftermarket parts as well. The Glock 19 is one of the most popular Glock models, compact yet holds 15 rds of 9mm. Should shoot most any ammo inside of 3" at 25yds. Another good thing about Glock's, sans catastrophic failure; there's nothing you can't fix on a Glock yourself.

Enjoy, now go to Walmart and buy up some Winchester White Box 9mm 100rds/$15.97, and then get your NRA membership. Anyone who owns a gun should be an NRA member. they support our rights to shoot/hunt, we should support them.

Thanks for the info Steve!
  • ND13
    edited September 2007
    For some reason, I could never really get used to the feel of the Glocks. I know they're well made, but they feel like a toy to me. Maybe I'll try out another oneday.

And the reason I own a gun, is for defense against idiots like the one that killed AALEE's bro.

I was held up at gunpoint and the only thing I was scared of was the ****'s hand shaking while holding a 9mm to my temple.
  • AALEE
    edited September 2007
    I really don't want to across as abussive and hurt anyones feelings. Sorry for that. It still doesn't mean that life would be here if average folks like you thought is was cool to have a killing tool. I don't know how to say this but I hope you don't go through what I and others have. Guns just are not a good thing. I know Patric could have put a bullet to his head and pulled the trigger, but he didn't, someone else did. 47 yo get off this macho thing
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited September 2007
    Wow. Great responses, Steve!

AALEE - I really am sorry to hear about your brother. I can't begin to imagine what that would feel like. There really are some awful people out there.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited September 2007
    Thumbs up for gun ownership!!!
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited September 2007
    AALEE,

Sorry to hear about your brother. I'm also sorry to say, there is help for people like you, please go see a psychologist.

If you don't like this subject, then stay out of it, easy enough.
  • ND13
    edited September 2007
    I really don't want to across as abussive and hurt anyones feelings. Sorry for that. It still doesn't mean that life would be here if average folks like you thought is was cool to have a killing tool. I don't know how to say this but I hope you don't go through what I and others have. Guns just are not a good thing. I know Patric could have put a bullet to his head and pulled the trigger, but he didn't, someone else did. 47 yo get off this macho thing

There again, would you have prefered a knife, icepick, a nudge out the window.
    The gun was just an implement, not the culprit.
  • AALEE
    edited September 2007
    It is really strange, like lemmings swimming to thier death. Why can't you all speak up? Would you prefer to watch stones thrown at a local based upon superstition or un-factual reports? Live and die, I will live on. For you odits swig the weekend away
  • steveinaz
    edited September 2007

It's cool, I'm pretty thick-skinned. I understand your anger, although I feel it's a little misguided. Many people shoot as a hobby, just like audio. I've been a gun enthusiast much longer than a hi-fi nut. Guns don't have attitudes, emotions, any any ability to kill on their own. They are a tool, when used properly and responsibly. But like anything, in the hands of a moron, they can bring some serious grief. We all make choices; you have made yours, and thats fine---just don't try to make my choices for me.

...and yes, respect is a 2-way street.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited September 2007
    i got the glock 36 for concealed carry. meprolight tritium night sights. extended mag release. 3.5# trigger. pearce +1 clip attachment.

one thing to note is that with glocks, their magazines have a tendancy to 'stick' and are not considered 'drop-free' from the grip. alot of the time it will take two hands to drop an EMPTY clip. maybe i should take joe dirt's advice and spray in some PAM.

next to it is my armalite ar-10t. fun .308 semi-auto bugger.:cool:

19768261509.jpg

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • ND13
    edited September 2007
    It is really strange, like lemmings swimming to thier death. Why can't you all speak up? Would you prefer to watch stones thrown at a local based upon superstition or un-factual reports? Live and die, I will live on. For you odits swig the weekend away

WTF!!

Oh and I don't drink!!
  • steveinaz
    edited September 2007
    Well, I drink, smoke, shoot guns, ride a motorcycle, and listen to rock n roll---I guess I am the anti-christ.
  • AALEE
    edited September 2007
    Thanks for that logical response. Just "please" make sure you don't produce others that may have the same logic. Honeatly, you seem respectful. Thanks, AAL
  • BIZILL
    edited September 2007
    aalee, get outta this thread. you're the only one whoring it up.

it will be locked soon enough. no worries.:mad:

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • AALEE
    edited September 2007
    Thanks for the welcome. Just **** with you. I love guns, god I am dripping wet. Found AK47's and am pla a visit to et ou f ere.
  • BIZILL
    edited September 2007
    see what happens when you call someone out on their bluff? club polk.... you're welcome. bizill takes a bow.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • BIZILL
    edited September 2007
    ...oh, and btw, aalee... GET LOST!

and be it known, i saw aalee disrespect a respected member (steveinaz) and then witnessed steve retort with a respectful comment. if more gun owners could be like steve, there would be no bad names made for firearms.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
This discussion has been closed.