Woman's sexy outfit raises eyebrows, ire of Southwest flight attendant

candyliquor35m
candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just when I thought I had heard it all. I hope she sues the heck out of them.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=nation_world&id=5645580
Post edited by candyliquor35m on

Comments

• candyliquor35m
    edited September 2007
    I saw that thread and thought it was going to be a debate whether hooters girls are sexier than sw flight attendants or vice versa so I didn't open it since I was pretty sure everyone would vote for hooters.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2007
    :rolleyes: Yes, because suing makes everything better.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • candyliquor35m
    edited September 2007
    Makes sense to me when someone's civil liberties are at stake. What other recourse does she have. Dress like a nun next time?
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2007
    Makes sense to me when someone's civil liberties are at stake. What other recourse does she have. Dress like a nun next time?
    No, take responsibility for your actions and suck it up.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited September 2007
    He wouldn't know about that.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• candyliquor35m
    edited September 2007
    Face wrote: »
    No, take responsibility for your actions and suck it up.

That's exactly what she's doing. I believe the article said she would have been satisfied with an apology but the big bad company let its ego get in the way and now they will probably end up settling out of court. Lucky broad.

Long live T and A. One of our last civil liberties left rof

F1: try to make constructive and responsible comments instead of flaming ones which have no basis.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited September 2007
    He has plenty of basis...

Personally, I like the double standard. She can wear whatever she wants... Ok, but don't expect everyone to be happy about it. How about the parents trying to raise young girls having to unteach what these **** are making "popular".

And why is it always she can dress like a **** or a nun/muslim? You mean there is no middle ground in there? Whatever..... :rolleyes:
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited September 2007
    You know, families have no qualms about taking the kids to the beach where women wear practically nothing. In fact, I would bet their own little girls are showing way more skin than this skimpily dressed woman on the plane. But there's something about sand or calling something a different name (like 'bathing suit') that makes it acceptable. If we walk around outside in our underwear we'd probably get hassled, but wear even less and call it a bathing suit and it's OK. Pretty silly when you think about it.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • F1nut
    edited September 2007
    Hmmm.....my comment is based on fact, which can be easily collaborated by a simple search. Flaming can only occur if there is no factual basis.

I'd advise you not to call Justin again to complain about perceived wrongs. Rather, you need to suck it up and take personal responsiblility for your posts, like the rest of us.

Suggesting that she sue the airline over something as petty as that demonstrates a lack of good moral and social judgement, IMNSHO.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• candyliquor35m
    edited September 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    Hmmm.....my comment is based on fact, which can be easily collaborated by a simple search. Flaming can only occur if there is no factual basis.

I'd advise you not to call Justin again to complain about perceived wrongs. Rather, you need to suck it up and take personal responsiblility for your posts, like the rest of us.

Suggesting that she sue the airline over something as petty as that demonstrates a lack of good moral and social judgement, IMNSHO.

You seem to put my comments on a pedestal like they're made out of gold or something when I'm just making comments like everyone else whose value the last time I checked was 2 cents.

I complained to Justin about my thread getting moved to the hall of shame for no reason: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55534

"Suggesting that she sue the airline over something as petty as that demonstrates a lack of good moral and social judgement, IMNSHO". That is your opinion and you have every right make such a comment just like I have every right to voice a different opinion which I did. If Justin has a problem with you, it's because you don't respect other people's opinion. You take it one step too far by saying that just because I have a different opinion than yours, I must lack good moral and social judgement. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa I know BS when I see it and that is BS.
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited September 2007
    Add one more thread to the "Hall of Shame".
  • F1nut
    edited September 2007
    Ding! Fries are done.

President of Club Polk

• candyliquor35m
    edited September 2007
    Dig in. There's more where those came from.
  • Face
    edited September 2007
    I bet the flight attendant was a fruitcake.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    The flight attendant just had his mercury fillings removed and noticed when she smiled at him she had some and therefore didn't want to expose himself. However, he realized how foolish and insane he would have looked if he openly said that so he blamed the clothing instead.

My 2 cents.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited September 2007
    Face wrote: »
    I bet the flight attendant was a fruitcake.

Exactly...he probably had a skirt just like that and was pissed because he didn't look as good in it.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • candyliquor35m
    edited September 2007
    The flight attendant just had his mercury fillings removed and noticed when she smiled at him she had some and therefore didn't want to expose himself. However, he realized how foolish and insane he would have looked if he openly said that so he blamed the clothing instead.

My 2 cents.

Keep working on those theories. You're on the right track.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited September 2007
    I can tell you that us 'fruitcakes' typically have far better taste in dress style than many of you 'non'..........you'd see a 'fruitcake' complaining more if she was in a nun outfit, trust.......

OH, and FU Face for being a loser that calls people 'fruitcake'........some people will never grow up I suppose..........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited September 2007
    Another thread turned into a beat down.

Effing brutal, and pathetic.
  • Face
    edited September 2007
    brettw22 wrote: »
    OH, and FU Face for being a loser that calls people 'fruitcake'........some people will never grow up I suppose..........
    I'm glad I didn't say anything worse. :D
  • brettw22
    edited September 2007
    No need.....already ID'd yourself as a moron........carry on......
  • Face
    edited September 2007
    Edited
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited September 2007
    I AM SHOCKED !!!

"Because someone used the term, "Fruitcake" ?

No....that there's a thread on here called "The Hall of Shame" and I didn't know a darn thing about it !!!

....I need to start paying better attention, I guess.

So.....I'm posting from work.......gotta shoot another 4 1/2 hours .........
    ....... so............uhm ....... how about them Cards !

For those who don't know, a fruitcake is a cake made of dried fruits and optionally candied fruit, spices and nuts that may be soaked in brandy or rum, with the richest versions (possibly iced and decorated) often being used in the celebration of weddings and Christmas.

Okay, so everybody knows what a fruitcake is !! I told you I have 4 1/2 hours to kill ! I'm doing the best I can !!

A fruitcake music video (by Eraserhead):

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6GD06YUqE9I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6GD06YUqE9I&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

So......uhm ....... well, one thing we've all learned from this thread is pretty darn apparent, I thinK:

Have me fill in for someone on the weekend, and we all suffer !!

...... here's a brutal fruitcake fight ! I'll wager that no one has the guts to watch the whole brutal fight:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LIHnHanoS5M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LIHnHanoS5M&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Good news ! Only 4 more hours to go. I think I'll go take a P break, this is taking a lot out of me.

As the Dutch say, "Jeg vender tilbage":

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTx9WMsxLLM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTx9WMsxLLM&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Sal Palooza
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2007
    brettw22 wrote: »
    No need.....already ID'd yourself as a moron........carry on......
    Gee just a bit defensive don't you think,he didn't attack you personally but you call him a moron.:confused:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • brettw22
    edited September 2007
    Surely it comes as no surprise that I point out the stupidity involved in calling someone a fruitcake because of whatever this flight attendant did.......

I promise you that the uptight ones in this country aren't the **** population.....

Movin on...........
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    Since when are fruitcakes sexually oriented?

My grandma used to make this small fruitcake that was always over cooked and weighed atleast 15 pounds. No one liked the taste of it cause it was so overcooked and one day my uncle said he was gonna use it as a door stop.

She never made it again.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited September 2007
    Upon further review of my "FruitCake Fight" video, I'll have to apologize, I guess, for mislabelling it.

I said it was "Brutal" (which it was, kind of).

It would have been more accurate to label it as ............

H O T

Man, if only there was hair-tugging and name calling , too.

So, just an update here: only 45 more minutes to go here at work, and I've made it through with my sanity somewhat
    intact.

I guess it's a good thing that I'm not having to pull a double, or else I might start posting innane posts that don't have to do with anything related to the topic and in which no one is interested or cares in the slightest.

Oh, by the way

kitty2.jpg

Not to mention

Green kitty1.JPG

Nothing cuter than a kitty with a frog helmet.
    Sal Palooza
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited September 2007
    locke.jpg

Alright, that's it. This thread has been locked.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2007
    I think there's a fruitcake that has been sent from one family member to another, for the last 20 odd years. Does anyone ever eat those disgusting things?
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"