Laptops In The Classroom - Interesting Article

13»

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2007
    Stake the complaint first (Approach the department head and let him know your "concern")
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited August 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Stake the complaint first (Approach the department head and let him know your "concern")

If i do that now i run the risk of him changing my grade before official grades come out.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2007
    Talk to the teacher first and explain your position then.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »

Cody: Let me ask you this: If you only remember 10-20% of what you hear (using your numbers), how much of what you don't hear do you remember?

Huh? Are you talking about the difference of how much you retain by taking notes or just listening?

Either way, it was just a study that I saw that a friend showed me when he was taking a "Success in College" class...lol.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited August 2007
    You have missed the most important lesson. Every boss you have will have
    certain hot buttons. If you push the hot button, expect a negative response.
    You can't reason with anyone on these issues. They just are there,
    either deal with it or move on to a new job. You can **** about it in college,
    but in the real world you would lose big time.
    I'm not saying you were wrong. I'm saying soon you will run into something
    like it again. Kinda like death and taxes.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited August 2007
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    You have missed the most important lesson. Every boss you have will have
    certain hot buttons. If you push the hot button, expect a negative response.
    You can't reason with anyone on these issues. They just are there,
    either deal with it or move on to a new job. You can **** about it in college,
    but in the real world you would lose big time.
    I'm not saying you were wrong. I'm saying soon you will run into something
    like it again. Kinda like death and taxes.

I know it happens and in a job position of course I have to deal with it. They are paying me to work for them. In this case I am paying them to work for me, or better yet, to teach for me so I can learn. Therefore, they should be able to adapt to my learning ability and if they can't, well then, that's not my problem and they should suffer the consequences if I go to their superior claiming the teaching is limiting my learning ability.

Now before any of you say I shoulda dropped the class, changed professors, blah blah, any other excuse....Because of my cirriculum and dual concetration business major, this was the only time I could take this class, it is a mandatory class, and this is the only professor at the university that teaches this type of accounting class.