Adcom GFA-565 monoblock amps for sale

Options
Cursed1
Cursed1 Posts: 66
edited September 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have a total of 3 Adcom monoblock GFA-565 amplifiers for sale. BIG POWER 300 watts each at 8 ohms. I am asking $375 each for them. They are in great shape. I do not have the original manual or box for these. If all three are bought I will offer a discount. I will only ship to the lower 48 insured. If you have any questions please contact me via PM or by email at audiovideoman@comcast.net

Thanks!
Post edited by Cursed1 on

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Bump for a nice set of amps
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited August 2007
    Options
    If I had the cash H9, I would. They would go nicely with my Hafler. Nice deal.

Little bump for ya...
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I never knew Adcom made a mono block amp.. this is news to me. big, beefy and powerful. nice.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • sophie
    sophie Posts: 511
    edited August 2007
    Options
    well my dad is talking about redoing out living room and adding a ht, might try and talk him into 2 or 3 of these.
    Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
    Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • heiney9
    edited August 2007
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    I never knew Adcom made a mono block amp.. this is news to me. big, beefy and powerful. nice.

Argueably the best Adcoms around. Designed by Victor Campos and Walter Jung.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Very good price too! When mine go up they will be much more expensive!
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »

I guess you've never read my boring signature.
  • thejck
    thejck Posts: 849
    edited August 2007
    Options
    anyone know how these would sound with the rti12's
  • heiney9
    edited August 2007
    Options
    thejck wrote: »
    anyone know how these would sound with the rti12's

Better than you could ever imagine. Those speakers will come alive and reign terror anywhere they go :p
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I'm not sure "reign terror" is approved audiophile terminology :rolleyes:
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • thejck
    edited August 2007
    Options
    would they be better than a gfa-555 or will i not be able to tell the difference
  • heiney9
    edited August 2007
    Options
    thejck wrote: »
    would they be better than a gfa-555 or will i not be able to tell the difference

From a purely musical 2-ch POV with a decent pre (not an AVR) yes. For HT duties perhaps not unless you have a huge room and listen at ear bleeding levels. However there is no denying the coolness factor of having to huge mono blocks in your rig :cool: .

If you have the extra coin go with the mono's

H9
  • heiney9
    edited August 2007
    Options
    dkg999 wrote: »
    I'm not sure "reign terror" is approved audiophile terminology :rolleyes:

Using audiophile approved terms seems to create contraversy, so I'd thought I'd start a new trend. ;)
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited August 2007
    Options
    375.00 each is a very inexpensive way to get into decent mono's,,nothing shabby about these amps :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited August 2007
    Options
    these would be awesome with that rogue audio preamp in the fm as well
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    Options
  • tom t
    tom t Posts: 543
    edited August 2007
    Options
    theres a pair on audiogon now for $750 pr. same price
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2007
    Options
    They've(Audiogon) also been repaired once and are on their way for another repair job once purchased.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • tom t
    tom t Posts: 543
    edited August 2007
    Options
    i saw that,good point
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Bump...

Hmmm, Could I actually use 5 of these beasts? hmmm.....

Guys, this is a stupid low price for things.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited August 2007
    Options
    The fact that these are just sitting here is just crazy! Good gear, good seller, great price!

If H9 would just build his stupid interface cable so he could use any amp with his SDA 1C's, and then buy these, we would need a jackhammer to get the smile off his face ;)

I'll even pick these up for H9 and haul them out to him. Game on!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • heiney9
    edited August 2007
    Options
    dkg999 wrote: »
    The fact that these are just sitting here is just crazy! Good gear, good seller, great price!

If H9 would just build his stupid interface cable so he could use any amp with his SDA 1C's, and then buy these, we would need a jackhammer to get the smile off his face ;)

You are correct :) , but I've got my eye on another prize. I just need to wait for one to come up FS. I love my Adcom but after 20 years it's time to move in another direction.

If I had a use for these at all they'd be mine. I recently passed on my bro's pristine condition GFA 585 which is the same concept as these only in 1 chassis. He was going to make me a pretty good deal.

This $$$ is below the avg. market value of $850-950. For someone in need it's a no brainer.

H9

EDIT: The negative terminal can be tied to together for use with SDA's rather than having to use the AI-1 cable or a home made brew.
  • sophie
    sophie Posts: 511
    edited August 2007
    Options
    cursed would you want to do a trade, iv got a gfa 5500 that i could give plus cash. i relay can't use these untill i get some 1.2's but o well.
    Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
    Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I just find them to be massive, or I'd buy them I need more amps!
  • thejck
    edited August 2007
    Options
    are there known issues with these amps and bad capacitors...would they have be worked on now or in the future. I would like to buy these but i was concerned cause I read somewhere about that. if they work great now will they continue to work great. I plan on giving them enough cooling and not really pushing them too hard.

do you know what the age of these amps are?
  • heiney9
    edited August 2007
    Options
    There was a run of this model number and the 585 as well that had defective caps in them. Not Adcom's fault but the manufacturer of said caps. It's my understanding that if there hasn't been an issue by now chances are you won't have an issue. There are replacement caps available from other sources (no longer from Adcom). The biggest problem is when the electrolytic seeps on to the boards. It's corrosive and a PITA to clean. The boardds are no longer avail. so cleaning is the only option.

If it were me I wouldn't hesitate to buy because of this issue, but once I bought them I'd replace the PS bypass caps as a precaution. A little ounce of prevention goes a long way in this case as cleaning up after the leak is a major PITA. Plus these are getting to be around 15 years old so it wouldn't hurt to do it anyways.

That's my .02c

H9
  • mox
    mox Posts: 87
    edited August 2007
    Options
    can you go $150 for one of these?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    edited August 2007
    Options
    $375.00 to $150.00............that's just insulting.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Absolutely.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited August 2007
    Options
    And F1nut doesn't even like Adcom's.;)
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!