Options
2»

Comments

• Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited August 2007
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    $375.00 to $150.00............that's just insulting.

Isn't that why Mox is here, lots of his threads seem to be to pick fights and brew trouble.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited August 2007
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    $375.00 to $150.00............that's just insulting.
    Wow I dont know what to say. :eek: shakes head <<<<<< I have a friend that bought 2 the other day for $800.00 and was very pleased to get them for that. I will ask him if he wants these 3 also. If these were local I would be posting about my listening session right now.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited August 2007
    Options
    How would you run them with sda's?
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • snow
    edited August 2007
    Options
    engtaz wrote: »
    How would you run them with sda's?
    You take a cable and run from both negative binding posts to each other which will make it a common ground.

I believe Joe/ hearingimpaired has a thread on these exact models and how to do so.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • engtaz
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I thought so but almost tried the same thing with mono 555's but asked before I blew them up. Adcom and H9 said no way Jose. By the way thank H9.
    engtaz

• Cursed1
    Cursed1 Posts: 66
    edited August 2007
    Options
    thejck wrote: »
    are there known issues with these amps and bad capacitors...would they have be worked on now or in the future. I would like to buy these but i was concerned cause I read somewhere about that. if they work great now will they continue to work great. I plan on giving them enough cooling and not really pushing them too hard.

do you know what the age of these amps are?

There is nothing wrong with the amps in any way shape or form. I am listening to them right now. Keep me informed if you would like a package deal!!!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited August 2007
    Options
    engtaz wrote: »
    I thought so but almost tried the same thing with mono 555's but asked before I blew them up. Adcom and H9 said no way Jose. By the way thank H9.

A stereo amp run in bridged mono is a completely different animal than a mono designed to run in mono. For SDA's the 565's can have their negative terminals tied together (with substantial wiring) to create a common ground.

FWIW

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Cursed1
    edited August 2007
    Options
    sophie wrote: »
    cursed would you want to do a trade, iv got a gfa 5500 that i could give plus cash. i relay can't use these untill i get some 1.2's but o well.

I really have no use for that. If you can work it out then give me a shout. Thanks for the offer.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited August 2007
    Options
    We're just a humorless bunch of people :rolleyes:

Now let's sell these amps since we've totally demolished this For Sale thread!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I cleaned this up a bit so the thread is a little more on track again.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Wish I had the cash right now. I actually was looking for a pair of 565s earlier in the year when I could afford it.
  • Cursed1
    edited August 2007
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I cleaned this up a bit so the thread is a little more on track again.

I just was able to check the posting and I didn't even get a chance to see all the fun. Darn!!!!
  • G-2
    G-2 Posts: 533
    edited August 2007
    Options
    PM and email sent.
    Home Theater
    Chane
    A3rx-c's, A2rc-c, A1rx-c's|Miller & Kreisel V-125's|Sony XBR65X810C 65" 4K LED TV|
    Earthquake Cinenova Grande-5|Pioneer Elite - VSX-84TXSi-AVR|TRIPPLITE LCR2400|
    Ultrasonic Amp Stand|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|

2 - Channel
    Polk
    RTA 12c's w/RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills resistors (full mod)|Turntable|
    Anthem MCA 2|Acurus Act 3 Pre Pro|Parasound P/Ph 100|Pioneer Elite N-30|Adcom GDA600|
    Premier Rack|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|
  • Phasearray
    Phasearray Posts: 437
    edited August 2007
    Options
    dkg999 wrote: »
    We're just a humorless bunch of people :rolleyes:

Now let's sell these amps since we've totally demolished this For Sale thread!

My incredibly witty remarks goes unappreciated...
    Receiver - Onkyo HT-R340
    Front - Pioneer S-HF21
    Center -Onkyo SKC-340C
    Surround Back - Polk R15 <--Ticket to club polk
    Subwoofer - Onkyo SKW-340
  • engtaz
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Are these class A/B or A?
    Thanks
    engtaz

• Cursed1
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Lets find these things a new home!
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited August 2007
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    A stereo amp run in bridged mono is a completely different animal than a mono designed to run in mono.

H9

Please explain H9. I thought mono was mono. Besides the ohms load it is capable of handling, whats the difference? I was thinking of getting a stereo amp and bridging it out for my center chanel, should I think again?

I'll start a new thread for this...please excuse my interuption...now back to your regularly scheduelled program..
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited August 2007
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    From a purely musical 2-ch POV with a decent pre (not an AVR) yes. For HT duties perhaps not unless you have a huge room and listen at ear bleeding levels.
    H9

Everyone doesn't listen to HT at ear bleeding levels? I thought I was just going with the flow having my house shaking.
  • Cursed1
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Everyone doesn't listen to HT at ear bleeding levels? I thought I was just going with the flow having my house shaking.

These amps would do ear bleeding loud or just excellent reproductions at lower volumes.........whatever you prefer.
  • Texas42
    Texas42 Posts: 404
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Great amps for the price. I've owned several sets before and they will cleanly power just about anything out there into really low loads. I've used them with Carver Amazings and they ran a bit warm but always had the goods. Usual street price is about $400-500 each. These are very fairly priced.
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Happy Birthday to me! Payment sent for 2 of them. Hopefully these will be a good match for my new LSI15's.
  • snow
    edited August 2007
    Options
    bdaley6509 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to me! Payment sent for 2 of them. Hopefully these will be a good match for my new LSI15's.
    Congrats to you on your purchase. No doubt in my mind they will mate nicely with your LSI -15s.

And if for some reason you dont like the sound at this price you can always resell and get your money back.

REGARDS SNOW
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Nice grab on these baby's.With soo many people asking about amps,it's a shame it took this long.Enjoy the new speaks and amps!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Great price for those. . . enjoy!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Yeah,Joe....remember this thread when yours go up on the chopping block.:D
    By the way,the scampi was great,thanks to you and your lovely wife.:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Ha, I'm glad you grabbed them. I was gonna say joeparaski needs some more amps. :D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • analog97
    analog97 Posts: 328
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Gents: I have the 1.2TL's and would love to power them properly. I replied to the seller, so we'll see. I just need your help on this "common ground" issue. Are you all saying that by tying the amp negs together, this will eliminate the chance I would blow up my Polks? That is my only real concern, except that cap leakage just pointed out. Did I understand this happens on the 565's? Or, was this unique to the 585's? Thanks again.
  • analog97
    analog97 Posts: 328
    edited August 2007
    Options
    oops...that's what I get for skipping over a few threads. My 1.2TL's will just have to wait....
  • Cursed1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Amps were delivered today to the new extremely satisfied owner. I still have one for sale if anyone wants the last one at a screaming deal!!!!!!
  • Texas42
    Texas42 Posts: 404
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I got dibs on the last one! PM sent.