Getting married this weekend--any advice?

2»

Comments

• rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited July 2007
    Be nice to the photographer. Weddings are all about pictures. The photographer plays a much more important role than the minister.

Remember, to the bride, what really matters is the Photo Album. The entire concept of weddings was invented by Kodak. Remember that, and you'll have a fine day.

Incidentally, I married my wife in Whitewater, WI. Wisconsin brides are by far the best ones in the entire country. Just make sure that you have plenty of cheese in the house and never say anything bad about Greenbay.

Finally, stay the heck out of Delavan. Nothing but trouble in that town.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited July 2007
    Like it's been mentioned... there are bound to be some minor glitches. Just don't let 'em get to you. My 2 year old ring bearin' nephew fell down a flight of steps on his way to walk down the aisle. The maid of honor was supposed to help him down and she just zoned out. Could have been really, really bad. And though he screamed and yelled for about two minutes, things subsided and everything else went as planned.

If anything, we can laugh about it today and it probably did more to spice up the wedding.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2007
    Are you getting Married on Saturday?

If so VERY VERY VERY Bad it's my Birthday also. ;)

Good luck.

And don't forget the women is always right.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• doggie750
    doggie750 Posts: 1,160
    edited July 2007
    Hmmm.....There are pros and cons on this but it's all up to you HOW YOU REALLY KNOW HER.....if you only think she's the one......THEN doNT!!!!
    IF you are one of those guys who think divorce is normal to marriage then you could do whatever you want. Otherwise if you heart to heart with her and both of you know it's time to settle...CONGRATULATION.....
    There's only one advise for you, bond as one with GOD.....I've known my girl eversince kids....but after marriage SHE is different........but we took this "engagement encounter....retreat" prior to marriage......Oh my GOD it works........The retreat made me understands her when she is in flame or made me ask for forgiveness when I was in flame.......believe me on this..........GODSpeed

OH yeah......4got it's this weekend.......if it's a city marriage do one a church wedding afterwards in the same year........
    Godspeed,
    D0661E

AVR:Pioneer Elite SC-07
    Surrounds: RTis
    2channel:Rti100 (carver driven
    Sub:SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Dedicated AMPs:Adcom GFA535, 2xCarver 1.5t, Carver m1.0t
    Wsrn:Hitachi ultra vision LCD60, 32XBR400
    PowerConditioner: MonsterC HTS5100
    PS3, Toshiba HD A2, etc: SonySACD/ Panasonic gears DIVX.

MR3LIGION: Polkaudio; GSXR; E46; Reeftank;
    Odyclub; Xsimulator; Sony; Zune; Canon
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited July 2007
    Chris,

The earlier you leave the reception the sooner you can start the honeymoon :)

Congrats and good luck .

Stay loose.

Have a great time at the bachelor party.

Just remember that this is what you both wanted & there is nothing to be nervous about. If something small goes wrong I doubt anyone will notice it except you and the Mrs. to be. We had a few mistakes but no one else noticed. We planned the whole thing - everyone else just showed up for the party.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited July 2007
    I'm only 70 miles south of Madison WI. I'll keep the truck full and give me an hour and fifteen minutes and the GPS coordinates if you need me to extract you from the whole mess ;)

Good luck!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • sabotg
    sabotg Posts: 126
    edited July 2007
    Don't drink so much that you can't get it up on your wedding night. Not that that happened to me or anyhthing:p
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited July 2007
    RUN. RUN LIKE HELL. RUN LIKE THE WIND.

Kidding brother, congratulations...and RELAX.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited July 2007
    Never, ever forget to put the seat down!

Get Quicken to keep track of the checkbook.

Discuss all purchases of durable goods.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited July 2007
    Most importantly... don't forget to insert "Tab A" into "Slot B". Repeat.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited July 2007
    Buy every toy you've ever wanted before this weekend ( I know, kinda short notice).

Tell the minister to have the ceremony done in 20 mins. Your buds will thank you afterwards.

If you always think of your wife as not just your wife, but also your best friend, things will be good for a long time to come.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited July 2007
    Congrats bro!!
    Never lie......once you break that trust,you'll never get it back.
    Pics boy...Pics....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited July 2007
    Your life will never be the same.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2007
    Don't let ANYBODY talk you out of it, and never go in thinking marriage is a 50-50 thing. BOTH parties have to give 100% for it to be a success.

I latched onto something good for once in my life, and it'll be 24 years for us on 30 July.

GOOD LUCK MAN!
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited July 2007
    BOTH parties have to give 100% for it to be a success.

That is THE best advice you will ever get.

Don't ever stop "giving" because you feel the other isn't doing their share. It's all, or nothing.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited July 2007
    Be best friends first (ok, with benefits) and then have activities/hobbies of your own separate from each other too. My hobby is singing barbershop, my wife's is going out and having chick time at Panera Bread or wherever... we still love each other a lot and just celebrated our 20th anniversary. Sometimes you have to be away from each other for a couple of hours.
    markmarc wrote: »
    Get Quicken to keep track of the checkbook.
    Absolutely. Budget, save, invest - it makes tax time easier too.

Do not mash wedding cake in her face at the reception. (I have always wondered if the there is a correlation of cake-mashers and divorce rates...)

Enjoy each other's company...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jkry3tGgMgo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jkry3tGgMgo&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object> ;););););););););););)

...and CONGRATULATIONS!
  • halo
    edited July 2007
    Don't let ANYBODY talk you out of it, and never go in thinking marriage is a 50-50 thing. BOTH parties have to give 100% for it to be a success.
    shepx2 wrote:
    That is THE best advice you will ever get.
    GG is a wise man indeed. All the best Chris :)
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    edited July 2007
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jkry3tGgMgo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jkry3tGgMgo&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TitaniumMan
    TitaniumMan Posts: 93
    edited July 2007
    Please don't be frightened when your new wife wants you to stick your "peepee" into her "woowoo." Just close your eyes and think of Britain. :)
  • AALEE
    AALEE Posts: 51
    edited July 2007
    doggie wrong, tony right. Never say something that you can't "take back"
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited July 2007
    Well, I suppose you're running around the house right now, getting ready for the festivities, so just remember: when you get to your hotel room tonight, be sure to have the Lil' Woman run down to the lobby and get you a sammich while you "freshen up", ie, pop open a nice cold frosty can of Stag.

You've have had a busy day, and you'll deserve it.

:D
    Sal Palooza