Getting married this weekend--any advice?

cstpeter
cstpeter Posts: 387
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
Marrying my lovely lady this Saturday in Madison, WI (where we met). Stressful week: law school finals, last minute wedding stuff, now just trying to stay calm. Any advice on how to make the most of the big day?
Von Schweikert VR4-jr
Valve Audio Predator
Denon DVD-2900
PS Audio Digital Link III w/Cullen Level IV Mods
Pro-Ject Xpression w/Blue Point No. 2
Graham Slee Special Edition 2
PS Audio UPC-200
Post edited by cstpeter on

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2007
    Don't

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• cstpeter
    edited July 2007
    Saw that one coming :D
    Von Schweikert VR4-jr
    Valve Audio Predator
    Denon DVD-2900
    PS Audio UPC-200
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited July 2007
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited July 2007
    Say no while you can.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited July 2007
    Just have fun. And don't drink/get wasted. It'd be a shame to not remember your wedding.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited July 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    JAnd don't drink/get wasted. It'd be a shame to not remember your wedding.

This is the best advice that you could have received...:D

Twin:o
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • AALEE
    AALEE Posts: 51
    edited July 2007
    New to the forum but have experience in this. At the end of the day when you both lay to rest and she says I LOVE YOU believe it in your heart. Do not run, grant her what you promissed and try to understand that as hard as you have worked to get where you are a meaningful relationship is worth much more. Good luck and cherish the day.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited July 2007
    phuz wrote: »
    Run.
    LIKE HELL!!!!! Then run some more lol.

Kiddin. CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOURS.

regards snow
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited July 2007
    Assuming you pass your law school finals, I'd suggest ......... you sue her.

What for ? Hell, I don't know, you're the lawyer !

:)

Actually, what would be kind of cool would be to have someone you know deliver a fake subpoena to the bride-to-be the morning of the wedding.

In it it says something along the lines of:

"You are hereby ordered to cease and desist any nervous behavior, and are ordered to acknowledge that this day will go just fine. You are commanded to get rid of any fears of not making the right choice, and are compelled to appear at [fill in the location] church at [fill in the time] to enter a legally binding lifelong contract with [fill in your name], an interested party who certifies his love and devotion to you" .......etc, etc.

Trust me ...... broads go for this kind of stuff (You might even "get some" that night, if you know what I mean ;) ).

The only other advice I could give would be to eat lots of muscacholi (sp?) at the reception, drink enough to remain coherent and lucid but enough that you can muster up a decent barf. Then, during a son-in-law, mother-in-law dance, barf down the back of the dress of your future mother-in-law.

:)

If you find any of this advice useful, I expect to be appropriately renumerated or I'LL sue.

Oh, and I guess .... have fun !
    Sal Palooza
  • kingtut
    kingtut Posts: 813
    edited July 2007
    Congrats, everything goes so fast, so it will be a blur by the end of that day. Make sure you take a lot of pictures.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited July 2007
    Congrats and take lots of pictures.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • AALEE
    AALEE Posts: 51
    edited July 2007
    Ditto, pic's are priceless. Focus on the day, the honeymoon, then the bar...and pass it the first time, it's not that tough.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2007
    All great advice, also very funny thread. :)

Diz

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited July 2007
    Congrats and enjoy.

Just remember, when you were dating, you only thought of the other person and not yourself. Always remember that because the first time you ask what has so and so done for me is when marriage can have problems.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited July 2007
    1. Breathe.
    2. Wear comfortable shoes or good inserts.
    3. Take it all in stride and enjoy the wedding. They usually never go according to plan but if you're relaxed then the guests are relaxed (well, maybe not the bride, family, in-laws).

Congrats!
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited July 2007
    Make sure you have someone you can really "trust" to collect the envelopes!! Other than that just enjoy what's probably going to be "the best day of your life"
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited July 2007
    The best piece of advice anyone gave me was "Don't let the marriage change anything. After the ceremony and the honeymoon, just live life as before you were married." This is what my wife and I do and it's wonderful.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited July 2007
    Congratulations! Just have fun and enjoy your special day with your special woman. And remind her that this is your special time together & she should enjoy and have fun as well.

Congrats again & post some pics of the big day when you can.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2007
    everyday bless her and remember this woman has agreed to actually let you sleep next to her, you can draw the line on your gear but give her everything else you can.

RT1
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited July 2007
    everyday bless her and remember this woman has agreed to actually let you sleep next to her, you can draw the line on your gear but give her everything else you can.

RT1

Priceless
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Paul in Canada
    Paul in Canada Posts: 178
    edited July 2007
    Congrats. Enjoy your special day. My 10th aniversary is coming up and the time went by so fast. My wife is my best friend and we still do almost everything together despite the fact she doesn't understand my attraction to audio. I have very fond memories of our wedding and our nice little honeymoon driving through Maine and New Hampshire. Congrats again.
    Polk RTi 8's
    Polk CSi 5
    FXIA4"s
    Outlaw Audio M200 x2
    Denon AVR 2805
    Sony CDP C345
    Paradigm PW2200 Sub
    Panasonic 50"

"It's futile to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person." demaples July 29/08
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited July 2007
    Be prepared to meet and greet for a good portion of the reception. My wife and I actually didn't have a chance to even taste the meal that we shelled out so many ducets for.

If you haven't already lined it up, try to get all the professional pics of you and the wedding party before the ceremony. Trust me on this.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited July 2007
    Did you know that your finals were going to be this week when you picked the date? I'm having a hard enough time staying focused as it is; I'm getting married next Saturday.

Good luck and congratulations, let me know what advice helped you out after it's over!
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited July 2007
    cstpeter wrote: »
    Any advice on how to make the most of the big day?

Fooling around with one (or more) of the bridesmaids on the day of your wedding is usually NOT a good thing to do. That is what bachelor parties are for. ;)
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • cnjvh
    cnjvh Posts: 253
    edited July 2007
    Make sure to video tape the cermeony on VHS. That way 10 years from now you can watch the tape in reverse and see yourself walking away a free man.
    No earth robot is going to tell ME which button to press!!

--Stuff--
    Front: Polk Audio RTi12
    Center: Polk Audio CSi5
    Surrounds: Polk Audio RTi8 (x4)
    Sub: SVS PB10-ISD (Dual)
    AVR: Denon AVR-3805
    Blu-Ray: Panasonic BD30
    Display: Sony KDL-55NX720B
    STB: Xfinity X1DVR
  • cstpeter
    edited July 2007
    Good stuff! Some great advice and even better humor.

I'll post some pictures after all is said and done.

p.s. Congrats Strider!
    Von Schweikert VR4-jr
    Valve Audio Predator
    Denon DVD-2900
    PS Audio UPC-200
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited July 2007
    Congrats! Just enjoy your day and have fun.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Drumingman
    Drumingman Posts: 348
    edited July 2007
    Never part ways, when you leave the house, mad at each other, you never know what will happen when you're apart.

Remember that women Think different than men.

Don't just show her you love her on Valentines Day.

If you really love her, Everyday should be Valentines Day.

Don't be the "strong silent type", so many marriages fail because of

"A failure to communicate". :cool:
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited July 2007
    The Big Day will go by faster than you realize! There are bound to be last minute glitches! About an hour before I got married my best man asked for the ring. I about $hit my pants. I had no idea where the ring was:confused: .....turned out mom in law had them and everything was ok. It did rain on our out door wedding so we had to move it inside. My mother in law yelled at the cater because her side of the family was being served food before us:o .........all sorts of crazy little things that make it all memorable:D !

Just make sure SHE is happy and you will enjoy it.;)

P.S. That will apply to every thing else for the rest of you life from now on!:eek:
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited July 2007
    Make sure you and your best man and some friends hit the titty bar the night before, just don't get completely wasted(I think I had 2 drinks when I went, and my friends bought me a lap dance, and I got a kiss from the hottest chick there, and yes, my wife knows). Try to get every thing you need for your self the night before, and have it all together (before you go out tho the titty bar). Oh yeah, don't hold your breath through out the whole ordeal. Don't forget to turn and face your bride when she is walking down the isle. The best advise I can give you is enjoy it and have fun