Well it looks like i'm moving to NC

Comments

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2007
    Thanks for all of the well wishes everyone. Im nervous, excited, sad and stressed out all at the same time.
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited July 2007
    I'm sure the original inhabitants are tickled pink over the whole affair.

Stay out of the left lane and we'll be cool. :)
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited July 2007
    Congrats, beautiful State. Watch out for Hurricanes.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • marker
    marker Posts: 1,084
    edited July 2007
    Worst thing about this place is the humidity from late June through to about late August/early Sept., but other than that, moderate weather with all four seasons.

Just remember, you are always only a three hour or so car ride away form either the beach or the mountains. :)
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    marker wrote: »
    Worst thing about this place is the humidity from late June through to about late August/early Sept., but other than that, moderate weather with all four seasons.

Just remember, you are always only a three hour or so car ride away form either the beach or the mountains. :)

I can deal with the humidity without a problem. Thanks for the PM by the way I replied back.
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    read-alot wrote: »
    Stay out of the left lane and we'll be cool. :)

Is there another lane then the left lane :D:p
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, the merge lanes when 2 buttmunches are going the same speed, 57 MPH in a 65 MPH zone.

Must have V-8 to perform.:D :eek: :D

NC looking forward to having you down bro'!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited July 2007
    Dave, it looks like you will finally have that space to upgrade. Any joy for your boss or is he left out like Dick and Jane?
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    Polk65 wrote: »
    Dave, it looks like you will finally have that space to upgrade. Any joy for your boss or is he left out like Dick and Jane?

Upgrading will be months away as I will be living in a hotel for 3 months and looking for a place to live. I am more upset that I will not have my system to listen to or my big screen to watch. But as soon as I get settled I will looking to do some upgrades.

As far as my boss I do not know what he is doing as far as jobs go. I'm sure he will land on his feet.
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    Update, Well it is getting close yesterday i got the plane tickets and the rental car reserved. They are putting me up in a extended stay america suite with a full kitchen so hopefully it will be comfortable to stay in. Now I have to start packing and deal with the fact that I will not have my rig to listen to for the next 3 months.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited July 2007
    Will the speakers travel with you. LOL
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2007
    You are welcome in Shed, Georgia is what the South is all about, peanuts, cotton, peaches, vidalia onions and Daisy Duke..........wait was she from Ga.....waaaaaaaaaaa

Congrats Dave, see you soon at the Fest if nothing else.

RT1
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    You are welcome in Shed, Georgia is what the South is all about, peanuts, cotton, peaches, vidalia onions and Daisy Duke..........wait was she from Ga.....waaaaaaaaaaa

Congrats Dave, see you soon at the Fest if nothing else.

RT1

Trust me Ted I can not wait for the fest. It will be the perfect break I will need. Have to figure out how long a drive it will be or do i want to fly.
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    engtaz wrote: »
    Will the speakers travel with you. LOL

Nope not for now. They will be at home collecting dust for the next 3 months.
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    Update!!! Well I flew in this morning to Raleigh airport and had to take a cab to my hotel room as my AMEX corp card I was supposed to get on Saturday never arrived. The hotel is pretty nice but would like nicer for a 3 month stay. Then I got to meet my new coworkers and they treated me to a nice lunch and I spent the rest of the day meeting everyone and setteled into my new enviroment. I think I will fit right in with everyone as they have made me feel very welcome.

I am getting a AMEX card UPS to me tomorrow so I can rent a car and explore the area. I miss all of my friends already. :mad: So far the area seems real nice and will have to start apartment hunting this weekend.

Oh yea I have the greatest friends ever. On sunday they all threw me a surprise going away party which was a great last day. I got drunk, ate and went swimming and then lost some money in cards.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Update!!! Well I flew in this morning to Raleigh airport and had to take a cab to my hotel room as my AMEX corp card I was supposed to get on Saturday never arrived. The hotel is pretty nice but would like nicer for a 3 month stay. Then I got to meet my new coworkers and they treated me to a nice lunch and I spent the rest of the day meeting everyone and setteled into my new enviroment. I think I will fit right in with everyone as they have made me feel very welcome.

I am getting a AMEX card UPS to me tomorrow so I can rent a car and explore the area. I miss all of my friends already. :mad: So far the area seems real nice and will have to start apartment hunting this weekend.

Oh yea I have the greatest friends ever. On sunday they all threw me a surprise going away party which was a great last day. I got drunk, ate and went swimming and then lost some money in cards.

Did you get the NYer to southern drawl translator I sent you?:D
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited July 2007
    miss ya already, ya goofy ****. as I said, I will certainly NOT be sneaking your 62" TV into my house since its so close......wink wink....nudge nudge.....

and another surprise, that Yaris can break into the triple digits if given enough time..LOL :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    Did you get the NYer to southern drawl translator I sent you?:D

have to check my e-mail y'all
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    miss ya already, ya goofy ****. as I said, I will certainly NOT be sneaking your 62" TV into my house since its so close......wink wink....nudge nudge.....

and another surprise, that Yaris can break into the triple digits if given enough time..LOL :D

Oh boy here we go.
  • movtarget
    movtarget Posts: 125
    edited July 2007
    Welcome to Raleigh and RTP!

I've been in this area for 27 years, working in RTP and Cary in your field. Currently an IT manager at a Raleigh-based regional business (will PM more info if you want to contact).

Had my SDA-2s since the late 80's, just arranged to pick up a pair of SDA-2A's as well.

Movtarget in NC
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    Thanks movtarget and welcome to the forum. shoot me a pm. Its alway good to have a contact down here and hope to meet some people.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited July 2007
    You are a little over 2 hours away from me -

Welcome to NC!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited July 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Oh boy here we go.

eh, you know I couldnt get that tv down those steps without help, dont panic :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    eh, you know I couldnt get that tv down those steps without help, dont panic :p

You have the key to my car but not the apartment so im not worried:D
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    You are a little over 2 hours away from me -

Welcome to NC!

Thanks Trey.
  • movtarget
    movtarget Posts: 125
    edited July 2007
    Fireman: I will put a reminder to PM you when my post count reaches 10 :)

I've got some SDA integration into HT planning questions that should prop up my post count without saturation with useless messages.

Thanks for the welcome!

Movtarget in NC
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    Movtarget sounds good man.

Well I got my AMEX card finally and was able to rent a car. Being they were out of the intermediate level cars they bumped me up to luxury and i got a new Ford Tarus that is very nice i must say. its fully loaded with leather and sunroof. I expolred the area a little tonight and picked up the apartment finder books so I can prepare for apartment hunting this weekend.

First impression of the area is good. Everyone down here is friendly and I like the area in general. More to come later.
  • mcequalhp
    mcequalhp Posts: 8
    edited July 2007
    Raleigh has lots to do year round, laid back and close to every thing. You could do wayyy worse.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited July 2007
    I would suggest that when you do actually move into the new place, that you plan a half-naked, drunken outdoor tirade within the first week or so.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Fireman32
    edited July 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I would suggest that when you do actually move into the new place, that you plan a half-naked, drunken outdoor tirade within the first week or so.

Already in the planning. I think it's a great way to say "Hi i'm your'e new neighbor"