I think it's over!

13»

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2007
    Nowadays .... I wouldn't let my kids/grandkids do the same things. Too many kooks/weirdos out there.
    And a group of kids toting 22's down the street ? They might last about 2 blocks before the local SWAT was called.
    Sloughs are gone, due to irrigation channeling.

See, that just not true. Maybe in 1 in a million in the inner city at best. Most kids are sitting at HOME in front of video games now-a-days. People don’t get it, society with video games and the internet has moved more *introverted*. That one of the reasons why things are so much better now (with the exception of internet “white color” crimes. Kids how so much crap to do in their house that they stay in it. That’s why Americans are so fat. Hell, 2 million American kids play World of Warcraft which is pretty much crack in computers... they put in 40+ hour weeks just playing that game.

I don’t set my life by biblical morals. I set my life by what id fair. Homo’s, blacks, Hispanics, jews, “towel heads” have the innate human right to be equally treated by government and establishment in any and all ways.

Bring on Civil unions, bring on equal rights for ****. What the hell does it matter to me, if they are happy, they are happy. Better that then deny their rights and have them on the streets with guns to change it.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited July 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    I don't know where you hang out, but I haven't seen them on men just yet.
    :D :eek: :D
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited July 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    I don’t set my life by biblical morals.

I don't belive you.

You claim to be standing over here on your own, but I bet you can't define right and wrong without getting into a long and arduous philosophical debate that leads right back to religious principles.

It used to be okay for people to gather in large arenas and watch 2 mean bludgeon eachother to death with battle axes, swords, and various blunt objects. That wouldn't go over so well today, why?

Is it because we evolved? If so, why is there still murder? Or do our morals just shift as we see fit? It's definitely the latter.

Why is murder wrong, really? Where does the morality come from? Is there a power greater than you? If not, why do you follow the law? Why are you shackled by this so-called morality? Why is cheating a man out of his money a bad thing? After all, isn't it his fault he was dumb enough to get swindled?

Extreme examples, maybe, but attempt to tell me why those things are wrong without getting spiritual.

If I'm supposed to believe this is all just to turn into worm food then all bets are off, aren't they?

I'm just curious where you derive your basis for right and wrong, and what makes your definition of right and wrong, well, right.

Think about this for a while and you might start to reckognize why bashing religion for all the world's problems is a little bit of a cop out that doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

There's a reason socking little Jimmy in the mouth with a splintered 2 x 4 is frowned upon and it's not becuase Joe Blow down at City Hall said so.
  • Systems
    edited July 2007
    ugggggg
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    Hmmm... This is interesting me. Is that flick free of crazy hard core religious stuff? I had heard when it came out that it was kind of the John Travolta crazy scientology like flick for Christians.

If it’s free of that kind of crud, I'd see it. But I don’t want to see another crazy flick on a certain sec's definition of "end times".

Really?

I thought I was getting digs in at Scientologists. Interesting that you didnt note that I was taking shots at scientologists and instead focused on Christians.

It's an honest question, that’s what people were saying about it and that’s the last I heard about it (mainly due to it being a Mel Gibson flick and we all know he’s gone over the deep end). But the 2 posts above yours have convinced me to watch it.
    We have different opinions on history. All of you opinions listed above complexly comply with the biblical version of history.. cudos. But the Greek and Romain GRAND civilizations existed long before the bible was written or its word spread. The words of morality written in the bible were pretty much strait plagiarized from existing society in the day (whether it be government or other religions). Society is what has driven morals, not fundamental Christian biblical references. And if you doubt that then ask yourself why there is not only 10000different versions of Christianity in the world with fundamental different opinions on morality, much less thousands of other religions in the world that FAR out number Christians. Morals are derived directly from the society that you exist in and for most of us that is the USA with a huge melting pot of many, many different religions (In India, it’s illegal to kiss in public, I’m sure that moral isn’t driven by a Christian GOD). Christ ian morals have shifted over time with society. In general Christian morals are of course the most conservative in nature.

What drives most Americans not to murder… GOD.. oh come on…

What drives Americans not to murder is the death penalty, life in jail or complete social castration.

More people in this world have been killed by Christians with Christian morals than any other cause.

Bro, he just likes getting in his shots at Christians! They usually go unchecked.

I rest my case.
    ugggggg

Changed your mind?
  • Systems
    edited July 2007
    I rest my case.

Changed your mind?

Lol look at you. You knew full well when YOU posted up this thread that it was going to get you flamed. Goofy, crazy, racists, ethnocentric, bigoted, religious, uneducated and strait up ridiculous. Makes you the troll here.

And look... it got you flamed all over the place.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited July 2007
    See, that just not true. Maybe in 1 in a million in the inner city at best. Most kids are sitting at HOME in front of video games now-a-days. People don’t get it, society with video games and the internet has moved more *introverted*. That one of the reasons why things are so much better now (with the exception of internet “white color” crimes. Kids how so much crap to do in their house that they stay in it. That’s why Americans are so fat. Hell, 2 million American kids play World of Warcraft which is pretty much crack in computers... they put in 40+ hour weeks just playing that game.

I have a little place for you to visit called Camden NJ. I assure you, the gangs, recruiting quite actively from 13 years old and up, are not playing there f%cking XBOX. The place you decribe is wonderful, yet completly fictional.

Doesnt have to be Camden, it can be Newark NJ, Detroit, and other major urban areas of blight.

so apparently the answer to crime is world of warcraft?...LOL holy crap :rolleyes:
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Lol look at you. You knew full well when YOU posted up this thread that it was going to get you flamed. Goofy, crazy, racists, ethnocentric, bigoted, religious, uneducated and strait up ridiculous. Makes you the troll here.

I'm not flamed, you are. It is so obvious by what you've written before and right here. You keep putting your foot in your mouth. The more you talk and write the more we laugh. Your entertainment value is so off the charts. Keep assaulting and spewing hate it is very enlightening.:rolleyes:
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited July 2007
    ugggggg

rapier wit, eh Joe?.....Lol
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    rapier wit, eh Joe?.....Lol

Yep Louie! Too bad he can't use his very sharp wit to make a good rebuttal instead of attacking, name calling, belittling, and spreading lies.

I think he was looking in the mirror when he wrote this and decided to apply it to me.
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2007
    WAAAAAAAAAAAA way to funny!!!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited July 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »

It used to be okay for people to gather in large arenas and watch 2 mean bludgeon eachother to death with battle axes, swords, and various blunt objects.

I'd buy a ticket.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D