iphone

13»

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited July 2007
    Lasareath wrote: »
    The sim card is hard wired onto its Motherboard. So there will never be an unlocked version. I think they made it this way so that if you want one you have to switch to AT&T.

Say it isn't so, are you serious? That would be a dealbreaker for me then, NOT to get one. I travel overseas quite a bit, and it has been my practice to buy a local SIM card (Singapore, Malaysia, etc.) and replace my ATT SIM card, and I am up and running.

Genius! :rolleyes:

So, I guess I have to wait for the International version, which has always been unlocked.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • polkatese
    edited July 2007
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited July 2007
    Yes, the sim card comes out but it is unique to the iPhone. As far as I know other at&t phones can't use it. I forgot where we read that - I'll have to check and report back.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited July 2007
    Here we go (from cnet.com link to entire review):

"Contrary to earlier reports, the SIM card is removable via a small drawer on the top of the iPhone, but the iPhone's SIM card will not work in other AT&T phones. That's especially troubling, as it completely defeats the biggest advantage of using a GSM phone with a SIM card. Some people have multiple phones and like to change the SIM card between their different handsets. Also, you can't use the SIM card to import contact information from another handset."
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • polkatese
    edited July 2007
    That's retarded, indeed. No wonder. I was watching the video and notice that the SIM card is about 30% larger than the normal size.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited July 2007
    I was thinking the same... it looks about the size of an SD card not a sim card.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited July 2007
    The major joykill for me was the lack of software suport, as in how you can't install anything that's not apple approved.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!!!!

That's the reason I'll never buy an Apple product.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited July 2007
    mutelight wrote: »
    I had a friend of mine telling me about that program a while back, I'll have to check it out. I just think things as simple as that should have already been integrated. :mad:

Thanks for reminding me about that app. :cool:

+1 for SBP Pocket Plus. It is a great plug in. I highly recommend it.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2007
    People are suppressed that an apple product is completely and utterly proprietary?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing