Thoughts for a friend and fellow Polkie....

2»

Comments

• fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2007
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited June 2007
    Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. My brother is just a couple of weeks shy of his 57'th birthday. The brain damage was extensive. He has not regained consciousness and most of his body is paralyzed. After consulting with the doctors, we had the quality of life discussion. There would be little hope of any recovery. As difficult as it was, his wife and I decided it would be best to discontinue life support. It will only be a matter of time.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited June 2007
    Rich - hang in there! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    That's just awful man, my thoughts are with you and your family....That's a rough decision to make...
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited June 2007
    My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope that Chester can remain comfortable.
    Carl

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    I will pray for him, and his family.

Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited June 2007
    To Rich, remember the good times and, if I may be so bold, I'd imagine Chester thanks you for allowing him to continue on to where he is probably anxious to go to.

A difficult call, but that's what one loving brother will do for another.

God grant you both peace.
    Sal Palooza
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited June 2007
    Been in my thoughts and prayers since you told me what happened. Hang in there buddy. If there's anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    So sorry to hear. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited June 2007
    You and your family remain in my prayers Rich.
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited June 2007
    Keep the faith Rich. Your family is in our prayers.