I'm Done!!!!!

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2007
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Ricardo, how well does your isolation room work at containing sound when you are rocking out? Any complaints from the rest of the inhabitants upstairs or right outside the room?

I'll work on your table donations right after my next table upgrade.:p :D

The walls/ceiling with double drywall and green glue work surprisingly well; I still have to work on a couple of things though;

The door: this was an existing door from when I finished the basement, and I was not thinking in soundproofing back then(which I should have...the HT is in the other side and it can be heard and felt upstairs). The right thing to do would be to change that door for an exterior door with the appropriate sealing, but I think I'm going to try a couple of other ideas with the existing door.

Ventilation: I still need to put the register and return; It's going to be an easy task because the ducts are just inches away on the left wall, but I know it will require extra work not to jeopardize the isolation from that side, which has the noisy furnace and water heater (which I cannot hear now, and proves the double drywall is really effective..) Temperature is still nice in the room, but in the middle of summer when we start getting above 90's it would probably be uncomfortable.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Very nice set-up Ricardo. I love the single chair...........it screams "get the 'eff out there's only room for one" I take it things are good now that you got the Belles back from upgrades? I have yet to be totally impressed by a tube amp yet myself.

H9

The Belles came back from the shop on Monday; I had to send it back after the upgrade because it was getting way too hot. the bias was adjusted (I thought this was only for tube amps :)), and now it's ok. I cannot describe how good it sounds. All the reviews are dead on.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2007
    Ron-P wrote: »
    Very nice, yet so incomplete. Three more speakers, a sub and a Front Projector is all you need.

My HT with RTi and SVS (driven by an AVR, no 200 WPC amp and it will stay like that :)) is in the other side of that door ;)

SOPA
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    congrats... very cool looking and i'm sure excellent sounding system.

ummm your new speakers cost more than my car.... :eek: :eek: ;)

Well, I got them used at a very fair price.....but your statement can definitely still be true :p

SOPA
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited June 2007
    Ok... after seeing your reference quality 2-channel system, I can finally understand why you sold the Polk 3.1TL's. It obviously took a substantial upgrade to beat the 1991 Polks.
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2007
    engtaz wrote: »
    Great Job, well done. Great pics. Are you trying to tell us, that the closest we will get to your room is a picture and that the dog ranks higher than the wife and kid(s)?. LOL

Congrats on your project.

Believe it or not, engtaz is actually capable of posting something coherent :D

Just kidding; I would give up all this for my wife and kids in a heart beat.....and my doors are open to all polkies. I mentioned in the room build thread that I would dedicate a wall for your signatures, but instead it will be the acoustic panel in the back. Who will be the first??????

SOPA
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »
    Ok... after seeing your reference quality 2-channel system, I can finally understand why you sold the Polk 3.1TL's. It obviously took a substantial upgrade to beat the 1991 Polks.

Ron, sometimes I still wonder how a pair of Thiel 3.6's would sound with that rig......;)

SOPA
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited June 2007
    Outatanding sir !!! If I'm ever in your area,I gotta get my ears on the Belles/Tyler combo. I know that you are proud of that room/system,, you deserve it---good on ya. :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    Congrats Ricardo!! Most people I wouldn't believe when making that statement (including myself), but for whatever reason I believe you completely.

You gotta love it when a plan comes together:)
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited June 2007
    The CS 3.6's I think would sound fantastic. I think that is the best speaker Theil ever produced and I understand why it took them 10yrs to develop a successor.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2007
    Very nice! Looks like you are set for awhile.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited June 2007
    Very nice setup.

You are a junky like the rest of us though, and will need a fix eventually. V
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2007
    Outstanding job. Isn't it nice to have your own little space to get away from everything/one and get lost in some music?

I'm wishing I had one...
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited June 2007
    Everything looks GREAT Ricardo!

Send me an email with your addy so you can try some different tubes in the Raysonic.

Did you get the I-Sonic yet?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2007
    Halo wrote: »
    Everything looks GREAT Ricardo!

Send me an email with your addy so you can try some different tubes in the Raysonic.

Did you get the I-Sonic yet?

Thanks Victor; that sounds great; will PM you.

Have not received the I-Sonic; my daughter asks every day.......I guess it will be here soon.

SOPA
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited June 2007
    Refined simplicity at it's best. Don't let Fido pee on the speaks!
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »
    Thanks Victor; that sounds great; will PM you.

Have not received the I-Sonic; my daughter asks every day.......I guess it will be here soon.

For some reason Polk sent me an I-Sonic?:confused:

Thanks Ricardo!!:D :p
  • halo
    edited June 2007
    The host with the most!
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • MikeC78
    edited June 2007
    The host with the most!

:confused::confused:
  • W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited June 2007
    Ricardo, you are sporting a top shelf Rig with Beautiful Loudspeakers. Enjoy!....WCW III
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • halo
    edited June 2007
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    :confused::confused:
    You were the host of the CPF. You got a shirt and an I-Sonic from Polk. Dot makes you da host with da most mon! :D (I know yer only kidding about the I-Sonic ;) )
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited June 2007

Ventilation: I still need to put the register and return....

HVAC ducts are another area of concern in audio rooms. Dedicated ducts, baffle boxes and long linear ducts are some of the buzzwords I recall when I looked into it. I consider myself lucky having my audio system in a room that is open to the entire main level with 14’ ceilings. My situation is also speaker dependant. I tried first and second reflection treatments along with bass traps with my ESL’s and it didn’t help or hurt while sitting in the sweet spot. If I build something in the basement, which the wife would love, I have a great thread here to reference. Once again Ricardo, high marks.

Oh, and please refrain from placing your CD cases on top of the speaker!:p :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2007
    Rock on. Looks great. I'm 'this close' to saying I'm done as well.

Can we get a run down on the equipment on that rack? Specifically, what is that CDP on top?
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited June 2007
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    For some reason Polk sent me an I-Sonic?:confused:

Thanks Ricardo!!:D :p

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Maybe he will wrestle you for it.:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2007
    (I know yer only kidding about the I-Sonic ;) )

I certainly hope he is!!!!!

Anyway..........Annie would say it's unnecessary ;)

SOPA
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    Rock on. Looks great. I'm 'this close' to saying I'm done as well.

Can we get a run down on the equipment on that rack? Specifically, what is that CDP on top?

Raysonic CD128
    1165454605.jpg

Audio Research SP16
    pic.jpg

Adcom ACE 515
    ACE515.jpg

Belles 350a reference
    IMG_3417.jpg

SOPA
  • MikeC78
    edited June 2007
    I certainly hope he is!!!!!

Anyway..........Annie would say it's unnecessary ;)

Funny, she is the one using it!:eek: :D
  • Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited June 2007
    Ricardo, Awesome looking listening room. I bit it sounds better than it looks.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited June 2007
    Ron, sometimes I still wonder how a pair of Thiel 3.6's would sound with that rig......;)

I'm guessing that the sound would be more accurate and the imaging would be better with the Thiel. The Thiel 3.6's compared to the Polk 3.1TL's was sort of an exercise in "more drivers don't necessarily equate to either better sound, more sound, or better imaging". I know your Taylor's have significantly better drivers than the 3.1TL's... but, the cabinet design of the Taylor's hasn't been optimized to the degree that Thiel has done with the Thiel 3.6's. Also, the 3.6's are every bit as much speaker as the 3.1TL's volume-wise. The Thiel 3.6 is a much more powerful speaker than I care to listen to at "punchy volumes".

I am certain that the Taylor's are fabulous speakers. I just have yet to hear a better speaker than the upper-end Thiels.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    ok I will say it. SWEEEEEEEEEEETTTT audio equipment.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.