I'm Done!!!!!

Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
That's right; you can write it down; today, June 5 2007, I am saying that I will not upgrade speakers or components. I leave the door open though for maybe experimenting with cables/wires....and...maybe, a little something here or there for a second rig :D

I'm not going to make this long, just a couple of key thoughts:

1.-Everyone needs to hear a pair of Tyler full range speakers.
2.-Good Solid State amps beat tube amps :eek:
3.-No matter how small your room is, treatments can make it sound incredibly good and open.

Now a few pictures. I still need to hang two panels in the ceiling and a few more straddling front and back walls/ceiling.

Now to listen to some tunes. Look soon for the HTRookie's "I'm Done" sale. ;)

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Wow....nice bass......
012.jpg

Can I sleep here....please????????
014.jpg

016-1.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    Looks great!! Glad you reached that point. Hope to hear it one day.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited June 2007
    Awesome!!!! btw, you can't call it quit until you're completely done with cables! :)
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2007
    Very nice(except the dog)!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2007
    Wow, nice work Ricardo! Beautifully done!

Looks like PF 08' is at your place?:)

Mike
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited June 2007
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet, dude. I can't wait for the "Well, I thought I was done" thread.:D Glad you've felt you reached your point. Calling dibs right now on the sale.;) Kinda like the early bird catching the worm.

Dave
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited June 2007
    where's the TV??? :p
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited June 2007
    where's the TV??? :p

..and the surround speakers?:p
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited June 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »
    That's right; you can write it down; today, June 5 2007, I am saying that I will not upgrade speakers or components. I leave the door open though for maybe experimenting with cables/wires....and...maybe, a little something here or there for a second rig :D

I'm not going to make this long, just a couple of key thoughts:

1.-Everyone needs to hear a pair of Tyler full range speakers.
    2.-Good Solid State amps beat tube amps :eek:
    3.-No matter how small your room is, treatments can make it sound incredibly good and open.

Now a few pictures. I still need to hang two panels in the ceiling and a few more straddling front and back walls/ceiling.

Now to listen to some tunes. Look soon for the HTRookie's "I'm Done" sale. ;)

Rook -- I honestly believe you when you say you're done. So am I. What else can you possibly do?

BTW -- your key thoughts are words of wisdom.

ENJOY!!!
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited June 2007
    Congrats on finding your own slice of the audio heaven pie.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    edited June 2007
    Enjoy your Corona, Ricardo... Congrat..
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 819
    edited June 2007
    Wow, this looks wonderful. Nothing nicer then having your own customer built 2Ch listening room.
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited June 2007
    I like the Milk Bone box on the rear shelves! LOL!

Nice dog! Congrats on the great listening room.
    Carl

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    Dude your not done. A couple things I suggest you change. You need to change out the bulbs in your lights to the more energy efficient type compact fluorescents, and get rid of the sliding dimmer. :p

Sweeeeet !
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Early B.
    edited June 2007
    Early B. wrote: »
    Rook -- I honestly believe you when you say you're done. So am I. What else can you possibly do?

On second thought -- what kind of speaker cables and interconnects do you have, sir? And that black box -- is that an Adcom power conditioner? OK, well maybe you're just done with the major components.;)
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• Ricardo
    edited June 2007
    Thanks for all the comments!

Early, I have signal interconnects and speaker wires; yes that's an Adcom; I use it because I like the sequencing on/off...you know all that talk on dedicated circuits, special power cables and stuff is just snake oil....have you seen the wire inside the fuses??:D :D

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited June 2007
    4.-All I need now is a good turntable.:D

I second Jesse's comments.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Early B.
    edited June 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »
    Thanks for all the comments!

Early, I have signal interconnects and speaker wires; yes that's an Adcom; I use it because I like the sequencing on/off...you know all that talk on dedicated circuits, special power cables and stuff is just snake oil....have you seen the wire inside the fuses??:D :D

You'll be done when I say you're done!:D

Seriously, now that you have a stellar reference system, you gotta take it all the way.

• Ricardo
    edited June 2007
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    I second Jesse's comments.

On the turntable, I accept tax deductible donations...

SOPA
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited June 2007
    Ricardo - did you see the announcement about the new Tyler speakers? They say all their old ones sound like Bose in comparison :p

Yep, you're done. If you keep telling yourself that maybe you'll even believe it!

Seriously, nice setup! Doug.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited June 2007
    The most infamous of last words. Looks very nice. A wonderful place to escape the pressure cooker life we Americans have made for ourselves. That room will add 10 years to your life.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited June 2007
    congratulations.............I love those speakers, they're works of art
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    You did a great job in that room....Congrats on finding your happy place in the audio world....
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2007
    Atta boy.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited June 2007
    Ricardo, how well does your isolation room work at containing sound when you are rocking out? Any complaints from the rest of the inhabitants upstairs or right outside the room?

I'll work on your table donations right after my next table upgrade.:p :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited June 2007
    Very nice set-up Ricardo. I love the single chair...........it screams "get the 'eff out there's only room for one" I take it things are good now that you got the Belles back from upgrades? I have yet to be totally impressed by a tube amp yet myself.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited June 2007
    Dude... those speakers are awesome looking...

Love the rig, congrats! :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited June 2007
    Very nice, yet so incomplete. Three more speakers, a sub and a Front Projector is all you need.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • No. 6
    No. 6 Posts: 10
    edited June 2007
    Nice job, impressive.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2007
    congrats... very cool looking and i'm sure excellent sounding system.

ummm your new speakers cost more than my car.... :eek: :eek: ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    Great Job well done. Great pics. Are you trying to tell use, that the closest we will get to your room is a picture and that the dog ranks higher then the wife and kid(s). LOL

Congrats on your project.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.