I Hate F1nut!!!

2»

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2007
    He has a MF integrated amplifier, MF SACD player, SDA 2.3's (replacement tweets and moded xover) and a set of MIT speaker cables/MIT interconnects. Heaven in action!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    Agreed. For me, F1's system is sort of a high water mark.

Every time I hear his rig, I'm slightly disappointed in my SDA rig.

Jesse is every bit as opinionated in person as he is here but a better friend, you'd be hard pressed to find. Not many guys would CHEERFULLY let you barge in on at 2AM, listen to his rig, feed you a Denny's Grand Slam and send you on your way the next morning.

BDT

You got that right Bro, I blew in around 12:00 NOON and left around 3:00 AM, well fed, euphoric from awesome music and a well done set of upgraded crossovers and back plates.

He's as great a guy as he is great with his one-liners.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited June 2007
    Slight correction, 2.3TL's. :)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited June 2007
    I've heard nothing but astonishing reviews on Jesses' system. I bet it rocks.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited June 2007
    Actually, his system sounds terrible and sucks bigtime. I think he should dump all that MF gear and I'd be happy to help him out by taking it away. ;)

Seriously, he loves to downplay and tell people there is better out there. Who the F*** you kidding dude, it's the **** man! It's still my dream 2 channel rig gear! It's just got class man! :D

Jesse is an ok kind of guy too.
    No excuses!
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Seriously, he loves to downplay and tell people there is better out there.

I took that as honest humility!
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2007
    I am thinking those tones may nothing to do with the MF gear, the secret is in his hair, I think I saw him making it into twisted wire..............I am definitely getting a lock this year, give it up man.

He has some new thing though down in the office, which HI has been sworn to secrecy, but he will blab eventually.

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    I am thinking those tones may nothing to do with the MF gear, the secret is in his hair, I think I saw him making it into twisted wire..............I am definitely getting a lock this year, give it up man.

He has some new thing though down in the office, which HI has been sworn to secrecy, but he will blab eventually.

RT1

You can rake me naked through broken glass and burning coals. . . my lips are sealed!!!:D :p
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited June 2007
    There's always something better and what sounds good to one may not to another. Everyone has their own taste, some like SS, some tubes, some cones, some panels, etc. There is no perfect, one fits all, in this hobby, but I thank you guys for your kind comments.

There's something old in the office that needs to be replaced by something new and it's not me. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited June 2007
    Jesse, you better watch it. You might actually get a good rap around here. We all prefer the grumpy F1nut.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited June 2007
    I'm hoping that when I meet up with him this summer, I won't end up hating him as well. Everybody can't be wrong with their reviews though, Jesse.

I feel I have a rig that sounds pretty damn good, but I am looking forward to hearing his, knowing his tastes in audio. After listening to his setup, I'm wondering what my evaluations will be of my rig when I return.

All this talk is making me want to come up sooner than later!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • madmax
    edited June 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    Slight correction, 2.3TL's. :)

Those are RDO's now brother, the real ****. :D
    madmax

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited June 2007
    F1nut wrote: »

There's something old in the office that needs to be replaced by something new and it's not me. :D

LOL!!!!

Joe's reaction to your tube/sand mix reminds me of that M & M's commercial with Santa. Except he says "It does exist!":D

Till I got a direction of my own, Jesse was and continues to be very helpful and remains a valued friend. I'm going to start being more like him, direct and to the point.:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited June 2007
    Jesse is the man. Agree with everyone else that those who know him are, indeed, fortunate. He has helped me out on numerous occaisions without asking for anything in return. He is a class act.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited June 2007
    Now that you mention spending patterns, I have spent more money on audio since I first encountered Jesse. And you know what, I have never looked back. Thanks Jesse for all your assistance over the years. I could not have done it without your help and guidance. A real true friend and first class all the way. I look forward to October.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    . . .because I have my eye, credit card and check book on a Tri-Vista 300 on the gon!:D :D:D:D Boy if I can snag this.

I think I need to employ the services of our haggling expert RT1!!!!:D
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited June 2007
    I saw that Joe,but alas,the better half said nope.
    Hope you grab it bro.:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited June 2007
    tonyb wrote:
    but alas,the better half said nope.
    Grrrr.

Good luck H.I.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • madmax
    edited June 2007
    . . .because I have my eye, credit card and check book on a Tri-Vista 300 on the gon!:D :D:D:D Boy if I can snag this.

I've often thought about purchasing one. Right time just hasn't presented itself to me. Great move if you do it!
    madmax

• hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    Well I got the go ahead from the wife tonight and I go to the gon to make contact with the seller and SOB; it has a sale pending!!!:mad:
  • janmike
    edited June 2007
    There will be another Joe.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    There will be another Joe.

Yep I'm sure, and if I look at it in a positive light, it gives me time to liquidate some gear so I can reup the account before I buy the 300.:) It also gives me time to get a hold of a real good tube pre to plug into the existing rig to get a feel for some tubey sounds.
  • janmike
    edited June 2007
    What tube gear are you looking at? I am personally in looking mode as well for my 2CH rig and am seriously considering Audio Research - VT100 Amp & LS25 Pre.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • madmax
    edited June 2007
    I saw a nice KW500 on there yesterday for $4100. It is close enough you could take a drive and pick up... :)
    madmax

• hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    What tube gear are you looking at? I am personally in looking mode as well for my 2CH rig and am seriously considering Audio Research - VT100 Amp & LS25 Pre.

Actually a friend of ours (I sound like a mafioso don't I) has a VTL tube pre and I'm trying to convince him to let me borrow it for a little while.
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    madmax wrote: »
    I saw a nice KW500 on there yesterday for $4100. It is close enough you could take a drive and pick up... :)
    madmax

Thanks but Yow! $4100 is out of the ball park right now. $3K give or take a few hundred is what I have slotted to replace the pre and two amps I use now. That Tri-Vista 300 integrated fits that bill perfectly. It fills the pre & amp holes and has plenty of power to make the 1.2 TLs sing.
  • madmax
    edited June 2007
    A good enough amp will provide a lifetime of joy. :D
    madmax