This should be a sport.

13»

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited August 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    What happens to Pirelli tires when they get punctured?

Dago WOP WOP WOP WOP WOP

No matter how many times I hear that joke, it never gets old!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2007
    I'm kind of unclear about the meaning myself... but apparently it is a beverage and it is tasty. I'm thinking Demi's working on his 10th right now.

With Out Papers.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited August 2007
    Captain Acronym strikes again!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    Origin of dago . . .

There they go . . .

Dare day go . . .

Dago.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited August 2007
    Make sure your Bible has at least 200 WPC.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited August 2007
    I worked at a sports camp where the camp director liked reading from the amplified Bible.

It would go something like this, "FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD..."

I think it was his favorite joke. He also had a Bible that shot a 12 inch flame out of it when you opened it and a few other funny things like that he would use as opening night stuff at camp.

He was using straight cord speakers. I'm thinking it was at least 200 wpc of clean power.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited August 2007
    edbert wrote: »
    I really just wonder what you think is so laughably flawed about the Bible. It has proven to be the most accurately copied document in history considering its age. The amount time spent to making sure that every word was copied exactly the same is borderline crazy, but at the same time, it gives you a perfect depiction of the thoughts and inspirations of the men and women of that day as well as historical events.
    It's just a book of fables that has stood up to the test of time.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    Face wrote: »

I place all my faith in, and try to live my life by this "book of fables."

Comments like this is what I find so offensive. I don't see anyone here making offensive statements about what you hold dear . . . why would you want to make offensive statements about what someone else holds dear? Like I said in a previous post, Christians and Christianity are easy targets!

Archeology has proven a majority of events written about in the Bible to be true find after find.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2007
    Why? Can't someone have a differing opinion? Why should you take offense?

If your convictions and faith are strong, how could a comment as such even begin to scratch the surface of being offensive? I would think trying contradict or forming a retort about how offensive it is would only show ones possible lack of faith or belief (whatever it may be in), or a deep need for that faith or belief to be validated by others.

That's what I don't get.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Why? Can't someone have a differing opinion? Why should you take offense?

If your convictions and faith are strong, how could a comment as such even begin to scratch the surface of being offensive?

That's what I don't get.

Cheers,
    Russ

Russ how can you even ask that question? The guy is saying that what I believe in and live my life and raise my children is a fable. How else can I take it.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited August 2007
    The reason you shouldn't find it offensive is because no one is saying it (I don't think) to offend you. Religion is something you take on faith. There are people who do NOT believe the things you believe, so to them, the things you believe are fairy tales. Why? Because if you don't believe them, that's what they sound like. Just like when we listen to Greek and Roman mythology, we laugh at the silly stories of Zeus because we don't believe them, similarly people who don't believe the tales of the Bible see them as silly magical stories. How else COUDL they see it? If they believed it, they'd be like you; if they don't, the only thing they can do is not speak to avoid offending you, whihc is silly, they're entitled to their opinion just as much as you are yours.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited August 2007
    I think it's just the fact that he doesn't say why he believes that. We've seen the pages of arguments over whether upgraded power cords work and the belief that they make an audible difference.

(This is just an example and not intended to start a 1,000 page discussion, but people will get the point easier this way.)
    If you upgrade your power cords and hear a difference, you tell people about it, there will inevitably be some who claim it's snake oil. People get upset when people claim it's snake oil without ever having heard the system before and after and also could care less, they just don't believe it could possibly make a difference. Face just threw out a random comment even though the last part of my statement is about things in the Bible that have been historically verified. I respect what Bobman said previously because he has at least read through the Bible, and has a hard time accepting what the Old Testament says. At least he can say why he has a hard time accepting that part of the Bible as being true about how God did/did not treat his followers.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2007
    There is a renown dog trainer named Suzanne Clothier, and she said something that really rings true, maybe moreso for dealing with humans instead of canines.

"If I am mature enough to understand that not all behavior directed AT me is ABOUT me, I am then in an even better place to carefully search for the real message behind the behavior."

We all know Psalm 23 - are you saying you will walk through the valley of the shadow of DEATH - fearing no evil - but a comment on a forum from someone you don't know can get under your skin?

It's ALMOST as dicey as a cable thread... ;)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • AndyGwis
    edited August 2007
    I think edbert just combined two of the most taboo subjects (religion and cables) on this forum (and indeed the world) in an effort to begin a debate thread that will last for years to come (or until the next LSi lineup comes out. . . maybe an LSi lineup that requires 300+++WPC!!! minimum).

Watch out "tasteful babes thread." If this synergistic debate catches fire, this may have the most posts / views of all time.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2007
    Oh yeah Andy, watch this:

Hillary be a great President! First PMS episode, we bomb Iran, second one, Canada. Just wait until Bill nails the next intern, we'll have civil war!

Cables don't make a difference

All religions are wrong but mine and your too stupid to understand that! (like the spelling mistake?)

5W is all you need.

homosexuality is a treatable disease/choice (take your pick)

[/sarcasm]

There, that ought to do it... Thread closed...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited August 2007
    Face wrote: »

I couldn't agree more.
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Oh yeah Andy, watch this:

Hillary be a great President! First PMS episode, we bomb Iran, second one, Canada. Just wait until Bill nails the next intern, we'll have civil war!

Cables don't make a difference

All religions are wrong but mine and your too stupid to understand that! (like the spelling mistake?)

5W is all you need.

homosexuality is a treatable disease/choice (take your pick)

LOL
  • AndyGwis
    edited August 2007

I found the intentional grammar mistake of you're / your to be the funniest of the grouping.

Your my hero. Theirs no thing like bad grammar to stir up the masses.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2007
    I figured if I didn't point it out it wouldn't look intentional and some of the numbnut morons around here might mistake me for being serious.

Kinda funny story, we went to the Asian Indian celebration of 60 years of independence and they wer talking about how educated their kids are compared to the average population and totally butchered the "their,there,they're" routine. Great fun, drove the wife nuts!

BTW, My wife made friends with a girl who could be Kate Beckinsales sister. What's the best way to approach them for a threesome?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    The reason you shouldn't find it offensive is because no one is saying it (I don't think) to offend you. Religion is something you take on faith. There are people who do NOT believe the things you believe, so to them, the things you believe are fairy tales. Why? Because if you don't believe them, that's what they sound like. Just like when we listen to Greek and Roman mythology, we laugh at the silly stories of Zeus because we don't believe them, similarly people who don't believe the tales of the Bible see them as silly magical stories. How else COUDL they see it? If they believed it, they'd be like you; if they don't, the only thing they can do is not speak to avoid offending you, whihc is silly, they're entitled to their opinion just as much as you are yours.

This sounds reasonable to me.
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    There is a renown dog trainer named Suzanne Clothier, and she said something that really rings true, maybe moreso for dealing with humans instead of canines.

"If I am mature enough to understand that not all behavior directed AT me is ABOUT me, I am then in an even better place to carefully search for the real message behind the behavior."

We all know Psalm 23 - are you saying you will walk through the valley of the shadow of DEATH - fearing no evil - but a comment on a forum from someone you don't know can get under your skin?

It's ALMOST as dicey as a cable thread... ;)

Point well taken.

Psalm 23; Being human and an admitted defective one at that, I TRY to live by the morals and keep a strong faith in the Bible. Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil most of the time. I am a very loyal person. I'm loyal to the death with friends and family and I am very loyal to what the Bible teaches therefore when someone belittles it even if it is an opinion, I need to speak up. That is just me.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited August 2007
    **** slappin' and Bible thumpin'
    Two great tastes that go great together.

You're killing me Jason! I can't stop laughing!:D
    Carl