This should be a sport.

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited August 2007
    You can rationalize it all you want, you and Silverti and many others have an obvious bias and bigotry towards Christians and Christianity which does not matter how you twist or turn it, is despicable.

Your rationalization above doesn't make it right or acceptable. You are targeting a group of people and their belief system, which we live our lives by, based on a warped belief you may have towards Christians and Christianity and using it as a dig, put down, and very ridiculing.

Siverti I'm not in the least surprised by your comment because your record speaks for itself about your bigotry towards Christians and Christianity.

Bob the comments you made are from a bigots point of view, period! I find them offensive and blasphemous. Your contiued defense of it is despicable.

I disagree. I've simply responded a few times in cases that you have swung the bible out and laid your morality on me and others here in a derogatory way. Just because you hold a moral in high regard doesn’t mean that others do and they (such as me) take offense in being told things from someone like you who imply such things as "Society has gone down hill since the 50's because the **** want to get married" as you DID a month or so ago. Don’t flip this argument on me and call me the bigot when I respond to yours.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited August 2007
    I don't swing the Bible and never talked about it here and find it hilarious and disgusting that a guy who HATES Christians can preach what they think and believe. Your bigotry is glaring!

Hypocrite. You can’t preach to people here out one side of your mouth and then call the people who respond the bigots with the other. You jump on anyone without your particular slanted view on the world as you have called me out a few times now here because I pop up when you start preaching. Ridiculous. This isn’t your church dude; this is forums for guys who like stereos. Stop imposing your morality on people, a task that to be done by God when one dies and stands before the pearly gates? Why are you trying to be God?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited August 2007
    Days like this I'm glad I'm a heretic.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Systems
    edited August 2007
    I sat back and thought about how funny this is.

It just amazes that you attack a guy for posting a simple homer Simpson quote that simply references the bible and you go off on him. While at the same time you post up things on extremely controversial society topics (basically asking for a response on a public forum) and then you even talk about how the world has gone to "PC". Yet you attack statement’s that don’t fit your beliefs. And when it’s all done I’m the bigot because I point this all out. Touch
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited August 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    ... that my family of mainly Catholics ...

Since when are Catholics not christians ?

... In any case there have of course been more people no longer on the planet killed in the "name" of God then for all other causes combined ...

My personal slant on this sort of stuff is that those who believe in God and practice the absolute basics in daily life which for Christian's of any flavor would be something akin to the Golden Rule for the most part don't need church ... In a lot, NOT ALL, cases those of whatever faith that find a continual need for some form of "religious gathering" are quite often there for some other, not always Godly reason ...
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    To others, I stop now, I backed off a month or so ago but I simply could not pass up the chance to call HI out on his absolute hypocrisy (I actually let if go when I saw his comments about being political correctness a few days back). Ill unsubscribe from this thread and avoid it.

I've not preached anything. You've twisted and turned everything. You hate Christians and Chistianity, that again is blatently obvious.

Show me my hypocrisy, I stand by what I say and believe.

You on the other hand are far from a hypocrite because you are consistent in your bigotry and hatred of a group of people who believe a particular way. You judge a billion peole on what a relative or someone you know or read about says or thinks or what a group of people may have done, that my friend is bigotry.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited August 2007
    Can I see that naked?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2007
    Anyone heard any good jokes about Christians or homos recently?

I could use a good laugh.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    Now that is funny!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited August 2007
    Dude, you are out of control. I posted a quote as a joke. I do not have bigotry towards Christians; my entire family is Christian, most of my friends are Christian, I was RAISED Christian, it doesn't mean I can't have a sense of humor about it, particularly about the BIble. I have my own belief system, and I"m being serious here, and my belief is that the Bible, even if its overall message is good, is a book made by MAN, and thus flawed, and oftentimes LAUGHABLY flawed. I've actually read it, which is more than most Christians can say.

You just need to lighten up and stop waving your bigotry flag around, because it makes no sense. But hell, if it makes you feel better, I"m a hairy Italian guy who works with computers for a living. That should give you enough things to make fun of for weeks.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited August 2007
    All I want to know is ....... do those ladies make outcalls ? :o

I noticed when I turned up the sound, that there was no name calling going on. I have a few creative, artistic differences on that point, but .... well, perhaps they'll develop that theme in the sequel.

I kind of got a mental picture of HI and Bobman slapping each other like that, but .... well ..... it just wasn't the same. :)

Of course, if they were wearing skirts, than ..... uhm ..... naahhhh, it just ain't the same.

;)
    Sal Palooza
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    But hell, if it makes you feel better, I"m a hairy Italian guy who works with computers for a living. That should give you enough things to make fun of for weeks.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I'm a hairy Italian guy who use to work with computers!!!
  • bobman1235
    edited August 2007
    Just a coupla nerdy greaseballs arguing about religion. :D
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited August 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    ... my belief is that the Bible, even if its overall message is good, is a book made by MAN, and thus flawed, and oftentimes LAUGHABLY flawed.QUOTE]

I have an issue with this statement. There is a difference between reading the Bible and studying and understanding it. How you do explain this,

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed...

which while the Bible was put together by man, every word included in it is inspired by God alone.

Not only that, but what exactly is so laughably flawed about the Bible and where is your proof behind it?

I haven't been here long but I think everyone would agree that I do not go around beating people over the head with the Bible. I will however speak up if I hear you talking bad about my faith. And not because I am insecure in it, but because you are talking bad about my family. Being raised a Christian you know and understand that God is considered to be our heavenly father much like our actual fathers here on earth and that fellow christians are our brothers and sisters. I don't know about you, but if at anytime I hear someone talking bad about my family, whether that be earthly or heavenly, I will not sit idly by, and I would think you understand that at least from an earthly family perspective.

All that to say, you are totally entitled to your thoughts and opinions about religion, government, speaker cables, etc., but understand this is where I become the most passionate. I do want an answer to that question though.:)
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • bobman1235
    edited August 2007
    "All scripture is God-breathed". That sentence, at one point, was written in a book, by a man. Even if you believe that it was God acting through a man, the fact that man was involved means it has a potential to be flawed. If I wrote, in a book, "everything I write is actually written by God", does that make it true? Or does it just mean I have a God complex?

I'm certainly not trying to insult anyone or their "family." I love my family, but there are things about them that drive me nuts. I can have debates with them over the things we disagree about. Similarly you can believe in something but have disagreements over particulars of that belief with others who also may believe differently. Otherwise there wouldn't be dozens of factions of Christianity, right?
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited August 2007
    ... I just hate his fan club :)
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited August 2007
    **** slappin' and Bible thumpin'
    Two great tastes that go great together.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • edbert
    edited August 2007
    Bobman, I understand what you are saying, but do you not agree that the reason that he used man is so that we can actually relate? In the same way, if you lived your life according to what God said primarily through the ten commandments and really felt that what you were writing was from God, then I can't disprove that. That and the reason that the men who wrote the different books of the Bible were not writing for notoriety, a lot of them were letters that they sent to different churches, friends, people groups, etc.

I totally understand the different factions of Christians, the fact that I am a Southern baptist versus friends that I grew up with being Methodist, Catholic or even Messianic Jew doesn't mean I think that they are lower Christians, it's the basis of the faith that matters. I can't deny that you have a different perspective of Christianity and believe differently from me. I also can't say that what I am saying is right or wrong or that you are.

I really just wonder what you think is so laughably flawed about the Bible. It has proven to be the most accurately copied document in history considering its age. The amount time spent to making sure that every word was copied exactly the same is borderline crazy, but at the same time, it gives you a perfect depiction of the thoughts and inspirations of the men and women of that day as well as historical events.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited August 2007
    Guys, take your religion discussions somewhere else.

Thanks.

Jesus/Muhammad/Bart

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • bobman1235
    edited August 2007
    Just for the record, I'm talking about Old Testament here, not New. The parts describing old school God smiting people, and then telling them to kill their first born, and then telling them "just kidding, I wanted to see if you'd really do it", and then saying that he hates anyone who would ever do anything to their own children, but then allowing someone to sacrifice their children in his honor... it's all crazy.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2007
    Not a dagoes by where this place isn't entertaining. I'm getting thisty, anyone for some wop?
  • edbert
    edited August 2007
    I'm not sure exactly where that was written(not saying you're wrong, I honestly don't remember), but I can understand where you are coming from. While it doesn't make sense for the context of today's world for us, there are people who still live like that in the Middle East and to them it is still relevant to a degree(not that many of them actually read and follow the Bible the way we have it in our current form). I agree that it definitely seems crazy, but it actually worked for them back then. Thanks for at least being honest about it, most just keep dancing around it and won't or can't tell you what they don't like or believe about the Bible, God, etc. I can and do respect those who can tell me why they don't believe something, because I at least I know they are thinking about it and questioning what they do believe.

Back to the two crazy women slapping each other.

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited August 2007
    I could always go for some wop.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • edbert
    edited August 2007
    I could always go for some wop.

I'm stupid, what is wop.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm a bigger idiot than I am stupid apparently. If that's even possible.

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited August 2007
    I'm kind of unclear about the meaning myself... but apparently it is a beverage and it is tasty. I'm thinking Demi's working on his 10th right now.
  • edbert
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, google was my friend. One of those situations where I should have thought and researched before I typed.

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2007
    I'm kind of unclear about the meaning myself... but apparently it is a beverage and it is tasty. I'm thinking Demi's working on his 10th right now.

I'm getting more and more drunk as the dagoes on.
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2007
    What happens to Pirelli tires when they get punctured?

Dago WOP WOP WOP WOP WOP
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited August 2007
    Awesome! I think I'll go all "Kitty Dukakis" and syphon some petrol from the car parked next to mine. Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey. Time for a beer run!