I know you are tired of high gas prices too!

124»

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,161
    edited May 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Um, they are earning record earnings numbers...

Yes, they are along with record profits. You have to have the earnings to make the profit unless you cut costs and that ain't happening. The numbers I hear on the news are PROFIT, not earnings.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2007
    so did this "gas out" work or not? no metion of it anywhere on the news or the internet.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited May 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I am now finding ways to reduce my fuel consumption..... I'll consoildate my errands and stop driving home for lunch everyday as well as stop the frivilous trips out around town.

H9

BINGO we have a winner
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • liordra
    liordra Posts: 152
    edited May 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    And that is the bottom line. Anyway you look at it, we're all getting **** by Big Oil.

And silly old me thought "getting ****" involves Baby oil. :confused:;)
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited May 2007
    Things aren't likely to change because "we" won't change (or not enough of us to make any difference) :rolleyes: We like to **** but we always want someone else to do something about it, like greedy little spoiled brats. We don't want to carpool, we don't want to take public transportation, we don't want to walk, we don't want to consolidate trips, we prefer one to a car and a million of them, we want our SUV's and Hummers and 300hp but then all we do is ****, ****, ****. I'm talking about Americans in general, not singling out anyone here...I didn't even read anyone elses posts so please don't attack me :(
    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070516/gas_demand.html?.v=4
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited May 2007
    I like saving gas. Its my own little war on terror. As far as oil companies making profit, I have no problem with that. Last year I used about 1100 gallons. This year I'm using about 400. Just imagine if a decent portion of the population did the same.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited May 2007
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    Things aren't likely to change because "we" won't change (or not enough of us to make any difference) :rolleyes: We like to **** but we always want someone else to do something about it, like greedy little spoiled brats. We don't want to carpool, we don't want to take public transportation, we don't want to walk, we don't want to consolidate trips, we prefer one to a car and a million of them, we want our SUV's and Hummers and 300hp but then all we do is ****, ****, ****. I'm talking about Americans in general, not singling out anyone here...I didn't even read anyone elses posts so please don't attack me :(

Actually..me an another guy HAVE started car-pooling during the past month..I would have never done this without the rediculous gas hikes..I like my personal time to and from work..

but these things call for drastic measures..
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited May 2007
    dragon1952 wrote: »

Its really not the price of gas that bothers me(well, ok that bothers me too:p ), but the rate in which it has risen. I got my license in may of 2002. I remember that year only paying 1.10-1.20 a gallon. 4 years later (july of 2006). I was paying 3.10 a gallon. you are telling me that gas priced tripled in 4 years because of our demand for oil has tripled?:confused:

If anyone could find if the demand for oil has tripled in four years(comparing it to four years say in the 90s), I would like to see it.

tommyboy
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited May 2007
    tommyboy wrote: »
    Its really not the price of gas that bothers me(well, ok that bothers me too:p ), but the rate in which it has risen. I got my license in may of 2002. I remember that year only paying 1.10-1.20 a gallon. 4 years later (july of 2006). I was paying 3.10 a gallon. you are telling me that gas priced tripled in 4 years because of our demand for oil has tripled?:confused:

If anyone could find if the demand for oil has tripled in four years(comparing it to four years say in the 90s), I would like to see it.

tommyboy

The problem is that both gas supply and demand curves are fairly inelastic causing a far greater than a one to one relationship between demand and price. a 10 or 20% increase in demand could, theoretically, cause a 10X shift in price.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited May 2007
    Filled up on 5-14 and it was $3.35 pg. Yesterday (the do not buy gas day) it was $3.55 pg. Glad I didn't buy gas yesterday! :rolleyes: ;):D
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited May 2007
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)